SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-01-12, 12:02 PM   #1
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0
Default Advanced Speed Control Problem

Hello Kaluens.
I posted this in the SH5 forum as well. I think it might do some good here.
In short, I am having problems getting my boat to respond to incremental speed control changes with the advanced speed gauge, the one that you order speed in knots.
My boat only responds to large changes in speed and then it will only go to the basic speeds like slow, Ahead 1/3rd, Ahead Standard...so it's really only changing the basic speed commands. However, if I order 13knots. I get a crewman response but not speed change. Same with any number that doesn't amount to the basic speeds; Standard, Ahead Full, 1/3rd ect.
Anyone else have this problem??
Additionally, does anyone have an idea which files I could check to see if the mods might be sharing them and maybe conflicting to make this problem happen?
I am using all the new Patches with Ind Prop control. I am also using the 7.2UI(test) although I think this problem might be older than the patch.
At this point I'm looking at anything I can.
Thank you all for your support so far, I am grateful.
Gute Jagd
D40
PS: I am informed that this is a stock bug by Trevally. If this subject is of interest, I would check your speed Gauge and see if your boat actually responds accurately to the advanced speed control gauge. You may order 14 knots, your crewman might repeat the order, but does your boat actually go to 14 knots, or even close?
Anyway, I thought I might look into this bug a bit further to see if something can't be done about it. What is causing it ect...
Cheers.

Last edited by Dogfish40; 10-01-12 at 03:39 PM.
Dogfish40 is offline   Reply With Quote