SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
Glue, paint, razors...what could go wrong?


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2022, 01:28 PM   #421
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 6,388
Downloads: 521
Uploads: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboxman523 View Post
Could someone let me know what's between the japanese destroyer mutsuki and kamikaze classes in the recognition manual? After doing tests with FOTRS, I've determined my CTD issues can't be computer related. It has to be the mod, which I don't mean as disrespect of course.

Looked at this...order I have in rec manual is Kamikaze, Mutsuki, Shimakaze with no CTD.

Mad Mardigan, would you mind checking?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:36 PM   #422
Mad Mardigan
Sea Lord
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 1,912
Downloads: 435
Uploads: 0


wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Looked at this...order I have in rec manual is Kamikaze, Mutsuki, Shimakaze with no CTD.

Mad Mardigan, would you mind checking?
Not a prob... gimme a couple to boot up & run a cross check. Shall report back right after doing so...

brb, asap...



M. M.
__________________
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 05:01 PM   #423
Mad Mardigan
Sea Lord
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 1,912
Downloads: 435
Uploads: 0


wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Not a prob... gimme a couple to boot up & run a cross check. Shall report back right after doing so...

brb, asap...



M. M.
Yes, can confirm... exact order as reported by Bubblehead1980... with NO CTD, on running through the Rec Man.

Did note a couple of sil's, that are not showing as they should... but highly doubt, that their absence of detailing, would be a cause for causing a CTD... however.

That said...

It is... feasibly possible... (& a bit rare... but any .0's (to whatever length of them) followed by a 1 % chance... is still a chance, no matter what...) of in downloading, of something being left out of a download.

Which, may... or may not be outright noticed, except to someone who... has extensive knowledge of all things files & folders wise. Of which, I don't lay claim to being gifted as such. By any means. Am still learning.

This, is what is otherwise known of... as a corrupted download.

That, coupled with... the unzipping process... (again, as with d/l comment above, in regard to corruption...) is rare but... in unzipping a zip file, something may... get lost in the process... again... not noticed outright except unless you're used to dealing with those self-same files & such... this is what is referred to, as a corrupted unzip.

Then, is the possibility... of both occurring back-to-back... even rarer, but... any percentage chance... is STILL... a chance...

Both instances I've outlined here... can occur. I know, as to having ran into instances of such, Myself... & am pretty sure that others have... as well, at 1 point or other.

Main point is... there are any permeable means & methods, for things... to go wrong from minor annoying ones with no dire consequences other than causing a bit of laughter, after some consternation of their happening... to downright disastrous ones... & anywhere in between these 2 extremes...

Hence, "Murphy's law"... in full effect.



M. M.
__________________
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 12:38 AM   #424
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 6,388
Downloads: 521
Uploads: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Yes, can confirm... exact order as reported by Bubblehead1980... with NO CTD, on running through the Rec Man.

Did note a couple of sil's, that are not showing as they should... but highly doubt, that their absence of detailing, would be a cause for causing a CTD... however.

That said...

It is... feasibly possible... (& a bit rare... but any .0's (to whatever length of them) followed by a 1 % chance... is still a chance, no matter what...) of in downloading, of something being left out of a download.

Which, may... or may not be outright noticed, except to someone who... has extensive knowledge of all things files & folders wise. Of which, I don't lay claim to being gifted as such. By any means. Am still learning.

This, is what is otherwise known of... as a corrupted download.

That, coupled with... the unzipping process... (again, as with d/l comment above, in regard to corruption...) is rare but... in unzipping a zip file, something may... get lost in the process... again... not noticed outright except unless you're used to dealing with those self-same files & such... this is what is referred to, as a corrupted unzip.

Then, is the possibility... of both occurring back-to-back... even rarer, but... any percentage chance... is STILL... a chance...

Both instances I've outlined here... can occur. I know, as to having ran into instances of such, Myself... & am pretty sure that others have... as well, at 1 point or other.

Main point is... there are any permeable means & methods, for things... to go wrong from minor annoying ones with no dire consequences other than causing a bit of laughter, after some consternation of their happening... to downright disastrous ones... & anywhere in between these 2 extremes...

Hence, "Murphy's law"... in full effect.



M. M.

Which sils? I probably updated them already for the forthcoming version.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:21 AM   #425
Mad Mardigan
Sea Lord
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 1,912
Downloads: 435
Uploads: 0


wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Which sils? I probably updated them already for the forthcoming version.
If someone, doesn't beat Me to it... will do a more... thorough roll through the Rec Man & take a list, Bubblehead1980. Of which will then post that list, so that you can cross check on that.

That was just with the... IJN roster... when I went to do a cross check on the destroyers... though.

Would be better to wait & look at the Rec Man, with the upcoming update... I'd think... but, can still take a look at the current... & see if there's any that might have been missed... in a quality control fashion... if ya want Me to.

No rush.



M. M.
__________________
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:59 PM   #426
StickMasterSteven
Watch
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 25
Downloads: 158
Uploads: 0
Default

Mardigan or Bubblehead if y'all have a free minute... (I know modding is stupidly time consuming lol)

I still haven't been able to complete the photo recon mission in the Chinese harbor if I could get some help on that front. I posted all the relevant info earlier in the thread.
StickMasterSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:29 PM   #427
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 6,388
Downloads: 521
Uploads: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMasterSteven View Post
Mardigan or Bubblehead if y'all have a free minute... (I know modding is stupidly time consuming lol)

I still haven't been able to complete the photo recon mission in the Chinese harbor if I could get some help on that front. I posted all the relevant info earlier in the thread.
Sent you a PM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:02 AM   #428
Mad Mardigan
Sea Lord
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 1,912
Downloads: 435
Uploads: 0


wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMasterSteven View Post
Mardigan or Bubblehead if y'all have a free minute... (I know modding is stupidly time consuming lol)

I still haven't been able to complete the photo recon mission in the Chinese harbor if I could get some help on that front. I posted all the relevant info earlier in the thread.
When it comes to TMoverhauled... am more in the way of janitor, sounding board, sometime bloodhound on finding info or items... on occasion... & like everyone else, rolling with the mod set... crash test dummy.

Bubbleheads, the chief mech, riding herd on this here rodeo... which was the original brainchild of Dulcimus... I think it was... for TMO to begin with & possibly, others who worked with him, on it. So, for all things in the guts of it, would be the one to answer that.

I know some things, but... freely admit to not knowing everything... just those that I am knowledgeable about.



M. M.
__________________
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:07 PM   #429
StillFabry
Nub
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0
Default

all work fine now?!?! i dont find the mod for smoke....
StillFabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:47 PM   #430
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 6,388
Downloads: 521
Uploads: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillFabry View Post
all work fine now?!?! i dont find the mod for smoke....

The smoke mod is included with the mod in the optional mods folder "TMO Different smoke and splash effects" See README for instructions to enable.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 06:41 PM   #431
Way2co0l
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Default

Been away for awhile but after playing some UBOAT got the itch to come back and give this game another go! Didn't expect to see the supermods still in active development. Going to be giving the others a try later, but TMO was what I used most previously so the one I'm most eager to start with. Yes, that's probably a big mistake but I can handle it. haha.

Too impatient to wait for the update with the pre-pearl harbor start date but really excited to hear it's expected soon and will definitely be playing it once it's available! Just gonna be getting my feet wet until it's available.

Anyway, the point of this message is actually just to say thank you for taking the time and putting in the effort to continue improving on one of this game's most iconic and immersive mods. I look forward to seeing your progress with it!
Way2co0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:46 PM   #432
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 6,388
Downloads: 521
Uploads: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2co0l View Post
Been away for awhile but after playing some UBOAT got the itch to come back and give this game another go! Didn't expect to see the supermods still in active development. Going to be giving the others a try later, but TMO was what I used most previously so the one I'm most eager to start with. Yes, that's probably a big mistake but I can handle it. haha.

Too impatient to wait for the update with the pre-pearl harbor start date but really excited to hear it's expected soon and will definitely be playing it once it's available! Just gonna be getting my feet wet until it's available.

Anyway, the point of this message is actually just to say thank you for taking the time and putting in the effort to continue improving on one of this game's most iconic and immersive mods. I look forward to seeing your progress with it!

Thank you. I am really pleased by all the feedback on the mod as it was a lot of time and work, but worth it.

Yes, don't hold up your patrol time waiting on the next release lol. While it is coming soon, enjoy the mod. Currently, I am working on some bugs with the new patrol objectives/missions I added into the campaign. Just finished texting the Makin Island raid for Narwhal Class in August 42, worked out pretty great overall.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:34 AM   #433
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 6,388
Downloads: 521
Uploads: 37
Default

Depth Charge Disturbance Mod for TMO 2.5 Update BH. See link below. Please make sure to actually read the README file.



https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=251703
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:31 AM   #434
fitzcarraldo
Argentinischer Kaleun
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 4,549
Downloads: 2585
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Depth Charge Disturbance Mod for TMO 2.5 Update BH. See link below. Please make sure to actually read the README file.



https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=251703
In the old TMO this TDW Mod caused several CTDs. Do you correct the issues?

Many thanks for the job!

Fitzcarraldo
__________________



My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:39 AM   #435
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 6,388
Downloads: 521
Uploads: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
In the old TMO this TDW Mod caused several CTDs. Do you correct the issues?

Many thanks for the job!

Fitzcarraldo
There is a TMO "patch" as part of the mod to prevent CTD. I have had no CTD's with this mod.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2022 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.