Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

When it's in a can, it is quite good Ak-bby
And you can fry it in a pan, and really like it maybe
But if instead, you post bad links
We'll all think it really stinks...
This rhyme is why I was never hired to write children's books, nor for the baby

(or adult ones for that matter...) sigh

Jumbuna will be along directly - or at least, after he wakes up and has his tea...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 05:09 AM   #2627
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

SPAM is now off the menu gents, cheers

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 06:03 AM   #2628
johnboy1958
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Stuck

Hi Neal ( i hope ) I recently decided to have a go at downloading wolves of steel, and it appears much bettert. However the problem i have is the dialog is in GERMAN Is it possible to change the language. Sry for posting this here if i am in the wrong place
Old 12-22-21, 09:23 AM   #2629
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy1958 View Post
Hi Neal ( i hope ) I recently decided to have a go at downloading wolves of steel, and it appears much bettert. However the problem i have is the dialog is in GERMAN Is it possible to change the language. Sry for posting this here if i am in the wrong place
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=7766
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 11:08 PM   #2630
Sarge2nd11th
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default Depth guage and hydrophone direction needle

Hey guys...Anybody experienced hydrophone needle not moving when turning the wheel? At the same time, I noticed my depth gauge stuck at I think 120 meters, no matter what depth my boat was at. Anybody know of a fix for this in TWOS? It first happened to me when I entered the Mediterranean campaign.
Sarge2nd11th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 01:24 AM   #2631
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2nd11th View Post
Hey guys...Anybody experienced hydrophone needle not moving when turning the wheel? At the same time, I noticed my depth gauge stuck at I think 120 meters, no matter what depth my boat was at. Anybody know of a fix for this in TWOS? It first happened to me when I entered the Mediterranean campaign.

I had this issue sometime in past too and for me only reload of the last save solved it.
I tried also to save if I had this issue and load this save again but mostly without any change.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 03:06 PM   #2632
Sarge2nd11th
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Default Hydrophone/Tiefenmesser issue

I went back to La Specia and ended the patrol. That worked too on leaving the bunker.
Sarge2nd11th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 11:28 PM   #2633
jayTHREEpoint0
Nub

Downloads: 12
Default The Game In The Corner Bug

Hi guys! Long story here but I'm a fairly new Captain here but upon finally getting SH5 to work the first time- I loved it. I got the hang of everything fairly quickly and sunk many ships.

Wanting even MORE of a challenge- I decided to go download the Wolves Of Steel mod. It didn't work so I went to uninstall the base game- reinstalling that- and reinstall both Steam and Ubisoft Connect again to see if it would fix it.

After doing that- now the games intro simply pops up to the left of the screen and then crashes. I looked it up on every forum that pops up with people having the same problem- have tried everything from checking my drivers- troubleshooting- running it as administrator- but nothing works anymore.

I'm confused. Does anyone know this issue as well and had a solution when they did it? As of now I've simply uninstalled the game and Steam and Ubisoft Connect. I'm not very well-versed in computers as this is my first time computer or PC gaming but if there's any advice you can give me- I'd appreciate it- thanks!
jayTHREEpoint0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 11:54 PM   #2634
TheNolan
Seaman

Downloads: 0

jayTHREEpoint0 the main things that could cause problems that I remember are:

1. You need to run in admin mode for both the installation and when you run the game

2. If you are not using the default 16×9 you need to install the correct resolution module using the Generic Mod Enabler

This isn't an exhaustive list but they are the easiest to deal with. Win11 also causes problems for some people.
TheNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 07:09 AM   #2635
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayTHREEpoint0 View Post
Hi guys! Long story here but I'm a fairly new Captain here but upon finally getting SH5 to work the first time- I loved it. I got the hang of everything fairly quickly and sunk many ships.

Wanting even MORE of a challenge- I decided to go download the Wolves Of Steel mod. It didn't work so I went to uninstall the base game- reinstalling that- and reinstall both Steam and Ubisoft Connect again to see if it would fix it.

After doing that- now the games intro simply pops up to the left of the screen and then crashes. I looked it up on every forum that pops up with people having the same problem- have tried everything from checking my drivers- troubleshooting- running it as administrator- but nothing works anymore.

I'm confused. Does anyone know this issue as well and had a solution when they did it? As of now I've simply uninstalled the game and Steam and Ubisoft Connect. I'm not very well-versed in computers as this is my first time computer or PC gaming but if there's any advice you can give me- I'd appreciate it- thanks!
Possible that when you installed base game, then added a mod over it, then uninstalled base game - you forgot to delete game folder which in this case would still contain files from the mod. Cue problems when you try to install game again in the same folder.
Old 01-15-22, 08:41 PM   #2636
jayTHREEpoint0
Nub

Downloads: 12
Default Update:

Thanks for all of your replies! I read all of them and honestly I fixed the first part- the game popping on the left hand part of the window was fixed. I had forgot to set screen display settings and I set them to 100% and it loaded full screen once again.

TWOS is still having troubles working and when loading the mod- I get this message that has been popping up which I'll attach. Is there anyone knows what it means and what's wrong? Modding is still new to me and I'll appreciate any advice- thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220115_203247.jpg (94.2 KB, 10 views)
jayTHREEpoint0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 12:39 AM   #2637
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If you have a Steam version of the game, be certain you are using the "Steam fix" with the installer. If you have UPlay (UConnect), then you might need to do THEBERBSTER's "fix" Uplay Download Version Fix. The big thing is to follow vdr1981's instructions completely.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...21#post2165721

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 01:29 AM   #2638
straks
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1

I've seen some mentions of this, but my search skills lack the capabilities of finding the solution/answer.

System: Win 10
Platform: Steam
Mods: Happens both on Vanilla as well as with Wolves of Steel
Things tried: Several fresh installs, cleanups, update DirectX with the the End User Runtimes. Tried the "Run as administrator", Compatibility mode, High DPI stuff, etc etc...
Symptoms: Every time I load a save, it loads with the sub having no/grey textures. The moment I "encounter" another ship, the game crashes. If I start a New Campaign, it works fine. It's only on loading saves (And I'm really not going to keep playing the same mission over and over again...)

Screenshot attached.

Anyone any clue what to do about this?

*Edit* Found this thread: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...exture-problem, nothing useful on it, it seems...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220120_SH5_Win10_grey-ship-texture_small.jpg (6.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by straks; 01-22-22 at 12:56 AM.
straks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 09:59 PM   #2639
Lionfour
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Default Game crashes "Depth Reading"

Howdy all new to installing Mods on SH5
I installed some and I know Sumpthin' was installed because the
"loading sonar" screen changed from gray to green ...
I am sorry I do not have the name of the MOD causing the issue which is:
The game boots-up fine but as soon ask I ask for a DEPTH READING
the game CRASHES
Lionfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 05:20 AM   #2640
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionfour View Post
Howdy all new to installing Mods on SH5
I installed some and I know Sumpthin' was installed because the
"loading sonar" screen changed from gray to green ...
I am sorry I do not have the name of the MOD causing the issue which is:
The game boots-up fine but as soon ask I ask for a DEPTH READING
the game CRASHES
Well, with so little information it would be hard to identify what causes the issue. I recommend wiping out the game entirely and reinstalling it, then if you want to add any mods install JGSME mode enabler first, it will let you enable/disable mods without breaking the game if you happen to do something wrong.