Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-14, 07:25 AM   #1
Kira96
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default 1st post- What computer to get?

Hello everyone, I noted that this is the place to introduce oneself. So here goes. My name is Steve (Kira96) and I originally joined subsim in 07 +- but never used the facilities, too shy I guess. Played SH III, loved the game, crashed the game when I started to use patches and mods via Game Shadow. We (the wife and I) retired the old computer then got a new one quickly, but it was not up to SH III standards.

So now I would like to revisit SH III after these yrs and need to get a "New" computer to do it. My question to the community is this: What should I get? I've followed a number of threads and there seems to be some question as to which os is best, what up to date graphic card/sound card to use that is DirectX9 compatible, and is XP the right choice now that Microsoft is dropping support?

There are some posts from guys who are running the game on Win 7 - how do they do it? I'm not a techie and I am getting someone to build a system for me (or off the shelf) as well as getting all the downloads i.e. GWX 3,SH Commander, MD5, JSGME and others. I'm learning.

So in a nut shell what system should I get that will run the game without too many hassles.

Thank you for any suggestions,
Kira96

Last edited by Kira96; 02-22-14 at 02:16 PM.
Kira96 is offline   Reply With Quote