SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-18, 09:20 AM   #16
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I doubt they would ever re-visit the title, and SSI is gone . It would be nice though to see a Fighting Steel II from some game company with updated graphics & an "onboared", real-time UI, like the SH series - but something that doesn't crash at the outset...

Can you not get it to run on your computer, Markus_1987? Do you have the Project Add-On files? Do you have D3DRM.DLL on your computer? Can you describe what happens when you try to run the game? If it doesn't run, or has "smearing" in the display, let us know your computer specs, the OS and the video card. Several on here have it running "OK".

As far as I know, this is the site now for the project:
NWS Fighting Steel Project

I'm not sure of the "D3DRM.DLL" file downloads you can find out there...

I've got all of that on an older dual-core desktop downstairs with Win7-64 and an nVidia 6200, and it runs better than what it did on my old AMD Thunderbird (no surprise there). However, the game has always frustrated me in the way the UI works, but that's just me (not)...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 06:53 AM   #17
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

i recently had to upgrade to windows 10 and have gotten Fighting Steel to work on it at last and looking fairly decent with only a minor negligible graphics glitch

that D3DRM.DLL file is all over the place, i found many downloads and links and such for it , the one that i ised which is fine is here https://www.dll-files.com/d3drm.dll.html - just scroll down to the available mirrors and select the first one to download

you need to also install the NWSonline Fighting Steel Project mod of course too.

also what you need is dgvoodoo2_53.zip - this voodoo wrapper thingy is good at emulating older gfx it seems and after adding its files - the dlls from its ms folder and the dgvoodoo exe to my fighting steel folder and fighting steel runs at very high resolution now on my Windows 10, 64bit

one other thing i had to do was switch off the "waves" setting in the graphics because that one thing seems to cause all the see and sky textures to get very messed up
agathosdaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 10:44 PM   #18
wiekniera
Nub

Downloads: 74

Can anyone point me where to download this fighting steel project? the link from navalwarfare seems empty. I can't find this FSP v10.43 anywhere..Thanks for the help!
wiekniera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-21, 02:33 AM   #19
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
Can anyone point me where to download this fighting steel project? the link from navalwarfare seems empty. I can't find this FSP v10.43 anywhere..Thanks for the help!
Have you tried this link?

https://nws-online.proboards.com/thr...-steel-project
Old 04-30-22, 08:31 AM   #20
kongovsfuso142
Torpedoman

Downloads: 863
Default Hi there i want to ask.

I have got the disk for this game but when i start the setup it doesnt boot up any ideas why this would be a thing.
Old 05-06-22, 08:53 AM   #21
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I do not remember the specifics of my installation routine with the game, but you must remember that it is an old DirectX v9 game. At a minimum, in Windows 7 or 10 or 11 install, you would have to right-click on the setup.exe file and choose "Run this program as an administrator". You might also have to use the "Compatibility" tab on the "Properties" page for the exe, and noodle with the DPI settings and compatibility mode for the setup.exe file. Notice JapLance's settings used for the game executable above in Post No.9 - For some games, I have copied the entirety of the disk over to the hard drive, and then done the same there. Not all disks will allow that, since some install routines use the disk as a "dongle" for the install and / or running of the game. Once the game is installed, do NOT run it, but rather follow the link from JapLance's Post #19 above, and do the FSP updates. Follow their instructions to the letter.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 04:32 AM   #22
ntblood
Nub

Downloads: 3

Mine was booting up but crashing after a bit with 1.1 patch installed. Then I installed the Fighting Steel Project and it didn't crash but the graphics are all messed up for the ships. And cursor is leaving ghosts
https://nws-online.proboards.com/thread/17/fighting-steel-project

// Graphics Fix - install dgVoodoo2 :
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/DgVoodoo_2
copy the following files: dgVoodoo.conf, dgVoodooCpl.exe and all the files from the x86 folder inside the MS folder (don't leave them in the x64 and x86 folders)... move them into the main SFC3 folder.

Last edited by ntblood; 09-30-22 at 04:50 AM.
ntblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 01:12 PM   #23
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

ntblood! after a 17 year 'silent run!'

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote