SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-22, 04:06 PM   #946
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMasterSteven View Post
Been running the 2.0 patch and can't get Fleetboat Interiors to work properly. Camera bugs out to an external underwater view.

Had a few other problems as well:
1. Selected PacDiv 2 from campaign start menu (based out of Pearl) and selected the 'docked outside of harbor' option when first taking command of the boat... it starts me at Midway rather than Pearl. Not sure if that's meant to happen but selecting 'docked at tender' keeps me at Pearl.
2. Game continues to CTD moving out of Midway. Tried lowering TC to see if that would help but it didn't.
3. (edit) I also noticed that the Sub School training missions are no longer there. Again, not sure if that's supposed to be that way.

Any help is appreciated. I'll post the load order below. One thing I noticed is that when installing the Fleetboat Interiors mod, vickers' instructions say to delete the Users/Documents/SH4 folder. Not sure if that would have anything to do with causing problems.

Attachment 5227
Try without Gato ladder. Not for FB interiors...

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 05:26 PM   #947
StickMasterSteven
Watch

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Try without Gato ladder. Not for FB interiors...

Fitzcarraldo
Worked a treat, thanks. Doing that also seemed to solve all of the other issues that I was having. Very much appreciated.
StickMasterSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 06:48 PM   #948
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Been running the 2.0 patch and can't get Fleetboat Interiors to work properly. Camera bugs out to an external underwater view.

Had a few other problems as well:
1. Selected PacDiv 2 from campaign start menu (based out of Pearl) and selected the 'docked outside of harbor' option when first taking command of the boat... it starts me at Midway rather than Pearl. Not sure if that's meant to happen but selecting 'docked at tender' keeps me at Pearl.
2. Game continues to CTD moving out of Midway. Tried lowering TC to see if that would help but it didn't.
3. (edit) I also noticed that the Sub School training missions are no longer there. Again, not sure if that's supposed to be that way.

Any help is appreciated. I'll post the load order below. One thing I noticed is that when installing the Fleetboat Interiors mod, vickers' instructions say to delete the Users/Documents/SH4 folder. Not sure if that would have anything to do with causing problems.

Attachment 5227

As stated in the README, you should not use the Pacific Fleet Div 2 campaign start in this version. Patrol objectives and Flotillas were extensively reworked. "Fremantle Div 2" is now "SPYRON" as it was actually called and focuses mostly on special missions, primarily to the Philippines 1943-1945, per history.

Pacific Fleet far as have found, did not have a specific SPYRON type operation , boats were selected as COMSUBPAC saw fit. Nautilus and Narwhal, before were sent to SPYRON in Australia, performed some special missions such as Makin Raid, landing scouts on Attu, . After that, boats were assigned special missions based on mission requirements, suitability ofr boat, crew, availability etc. For example, in 1944 and 1945, most of the older fleet boats such as Salmon and Sargos that were not sent stateside , began to patrol areas of bypassed bases such as Truk, conducting lifeguard, as well as other special missions,

In a future patch, Pacific Fleet Div 2 will be reworked or eliminated, have not decided yet. I tried to eliminate it from this release but would result in CTD, its linked somehow, so I restored it as did not want to waste time figuring it out.

Please make sure to review the README.

Not sure about Midway, I have had no issues. Please provide more info such as Date/Time (per the README) so can easily isolate any potential issues.

Not sure about the sub school missions. Will check into it.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 06:51 PM   #949
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
I started but there is to do.. as I suspected... it would have been too easy haha..

here there are no guns yet then there are connection problems with cables and other...
good after flying over all that .. there is a lot to do I think with the knots etc .. lots of Verif to do I don't have time for that I leave this work to our experts who are much better than me and will know how to be fast for the job.. BH.. vickers.. Beanie.. and many others here.!!! Otherwise there will be problems let the design guru operate...
I'm going back to enjoy BH's masterpiece... otherwise I'll never play and enjoy...

The Donation Narwhal, is a bit out of date. The TMO patch is for old versions of TMO, its not compatible with my update at this time.
Old 05-22-22, 07:35 PM   #950
StickMasterSteven
Watch

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
As stated in the README, you should not use the Pacific Fleet Div 2 campaign start in this version. Patrol objectives and Flotillas were extensively reworked. "Fremantle Div 2" is now "SPYRON" as it was actually called and focuses mostly on special missions, primarily to the Philippines 1943-1945, per history.

Pacific Fleet far as have found, did not have a specific SPYRON type operation , boats were selected as COMSUBPAC saw fit. Nautilus and Narwhal, before were sent to SPYRON in Australia, performed some special missions such as Makin Raid, landing scouts on Attu, . After that, boats were assigned special missions based on mission requirements, suitability ofr boat, crew, availability etc. For example, in 1944 and 1945, most of the older fleet boats such as Salmon and Sargos that were not sent stateside , began to patrol areas of bypassed bases such as Truk, conducting lifeguard, as well as other special missions,

In a future patch, Pacific Fleet Div 2 will be reworked or eliminated, have not decided yet. I tried to eliminate it from this release but would result in CTD, its linked somehow, so I restored it as did not want to waste time figuring it out.

Please make sure to review the README.

Not sure about Midway, I have had no issues. Please provide more info such as Date/Time (per the README) so can easily isolate any potential issues.

Not sure about the sub school missions. Will check into it.
I don't see anything about avoiding selecting PacFltDiv 2 in the readme. I changed my load order around and removed GatoLadder while using Fleetboat Interiors and that seemed to work. Something I did also solved the issue of spawning at Midway instead of Pearl, not sure what I did though to fix that, same thing with the training missions. They have suddenly reappeared and seem to be working.
StickMasterSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 07:50 PM   #951
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
I don't see anything about avoiding selecting PacFltDiv 2 in the readme. I changed my load order around and removed GatoLadder while using Fleetboat Interiors and that seemed to work. Something I did also solved the issue of spawning at Midway instead of Pearl, not sure what I did though to fix that, same thing with the training missions. They have suddenly reappeared and seem to be working.

99.9 percent sure I mentioned it in the documentation for the reason it causes CTD. if somehow it was left out, my error. I am on patrol right now and do not want to shell out to windows as it will foul the sim up. I will look later.

Anyways, don't use Pacific Fleet Div 2 for now, I have to figure out what to do with it. Special missions were completely reworked ( I know I mentioned this for sure) to eliminate the absurd, boring hollywoodesque missions and to make them interesting. Since SUBPAC did not have a SPYRON, these were merged into the campaign for all subpac boats, so have a chance in a "Regular" subpac career of getting special missions, where appropriate for time period and class of sub.

If you want to do a special mission oriented career in Subpac, select a Narwhal, the orders for Narwhal follows that of Nautilus...youll be on patrol missions mostly in 41/42, then have the Makin Raid in Aug 42 and start having more special missions esp into 1943. In 1944 you are transferred to Australia (SPYRON) and its special missions for rest of war. Of course there are opportunities to patrol while at sea and a pretty dramatic Wolfpack action in 1944 off Mindoro (I posted about it when testing).

If don't mind going to Australia, can start SPYRON in January 1943...Tambor or Gar...special missions, in June 1943 Narwhal becomes available there as well.

Outside spyron Australia boats may get special missions as well. Orders randomly assigned by the sim.

Glad things are working now.
Old 05-22-22, 08:03 PM   #952
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
This is the problem with scales in the recognitio manual. See the arrow of the mouse. The scale under the ship silhouette.

With or without Interiors.

The imags are from Museum, but it is the same in patrol and in all boats.

My resolution is 1920x1080.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Not sure about the "scale" issue, the line , its not present when I look at the rec manual
Old 05-23-22, 07:52 AM   #953
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Default Recon Manuel

the problem with this scale... it is the screen resolution which does not work as it should.!! I have the mod mounted on 1920x1080 the scale on the right..
1368x768 she on the left is still not good. So correct something in INI the position of the Edition of this scale..
here is BH.. greetings...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 08:15 AM   #954
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
the problem with this scale... it is the screen resolution which does not work as it should.!! I have the mod mounted on 1920x1080 the scale on the right..
1368x768 she on the left is still not good. So correct something in INI the position of the Edition of this scale..
here is BH.. greetings...
Maybe addon mods for several resolutions. In general, the GUIs needs them.

Also I tried with different resolutions and the scales are wrong and displaced in different places.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 02:34 PM   #955
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default the Eclipse

hey soon we will be entitled to the Eclipse...
it was while spotting this destroyer... that I had this phenomenon...

Old 05-23-22, 10:39 PM   #956
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

October 2 1943 on patrol in Area B4 South China Sea, nearly got it.

Low flying EMILY patrol flying boat spotted at 5 miles, not detected on SD as altitude was below 1000 ft. Ordered a crash dive. Fortunately in a Balao and got to 150 ft, leveled off, few explosions above but no serious damage, just some busted lights and glass fixtures.

Anyone else enjoying the new SD in TMO? lol

Outside of testing, first time in a "real" campaign have experienced this.

I think the SJ (Early) radar may need some tweaking, seems like range may not to be raised, typically only getting contacts at 8 miles should be 10 Wondering if just me or...
Old 05-24-22, 12:38 PM   #957
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Anyone else getting a CTD after sinking ships? After theyve had time to sink.
Old 05-24-22, 12:44 PM   #958
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Anyone else getting a CTD after sinking ships? After theyve had time to sink.
so....CTD, not at hit time, but when the target is sinking?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 01:53 PM   #959
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default TMO BH V2

hello Kaleun Marco..
I had CtDs chasing a destroyer at the start of the night in the Marshall Islands I'm playing a pre war campaign Pearl Harbor approaching Uss Nautiluss.. the moment I opened fire I hit them CtD
I also had the blow with the torpedoes at the time of the shooting... since then I redid a whole fresh Install... does it seem to be better I have had nothing since...
I think this is due to a certain update, there must be a problem with the GUC backup, piss us off again...as I said, some update means that I have to reset everything...
Good but that said the mods of BH is really very good... the destroyers are very clever.. is difficult to fight if you pay the nerve to type one do not miss it...!! with these early war torpedoes you never know..
there are so many things that I haven't seen yet... there is already a sacred atmosphere, especially with the work of Vickers, the marine fauna... the interiors...
the pressure in the submarines when I spot a target there really is an atmosphere of attack that I do not find in FORTS (Beanie will kill me ..) no I do not criticize his work but in his I do not have the same apprehension his work is different as always what one has.. the other does not.. and aims towards that.. there are a lot of things to deal with which means that he will necessarily have adjustments I know that BH takes care of his foal and it's very good.. because I "loved" RFB.. now his has the podium for me...
USS Gar

USSnautilus

good continuation BH Regards Kal_Maximus U669...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 05-24-22 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-24-22, 01:57 PM   #960
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
so....CTD, not at hit time, but when the target is sinking?

Yes, twice now. October 1943...after attacking convoys, sunk a tanker (ichiyu maru) on first attack. Second one, after fresh install of SH 4 and mod, same boat though, one day later, prob same convoy as in nearly same position...

After sinking ships...while was submerged deep and evading after took a few depth charges, about 10-15 minutes in, roughly time it takes most ships to sink. External cam was off but heard the sinking noises. Assuming they reach a certain point in sinking and then CTD, both times. I've ruled out depth charges, etc. Four days before when I ran into a lone merchant en route to patrol area, sunk it with no problems. No CTD. Took depth charges for 12 hours a few days later in Sibutu Pass when a patrol detected me, no CTD.

Second ship was the Ryusei Maru (not a clone, formerly the Ryunn Maru , a "native" TMO ship) and boom another CTD under nearly identical circumstances.

Something related to sinking OR running the interiors, perhaps too much for system to handle, but would be shocked as plenty of RAM etc and never had these issues in TMO. I had no CTD issues in testing. I'm wondering if its related to the cloned ships as the Ichiyu Maru is a cloned ship from Nippon Maru for TMO.

I am about to test out V2.0 without interiors on another clean install, see if same issue happens. Just wondering if anyone else had issues.