My little lovely female cat
Old 05-13-22, 01:28 PM   #3932
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Russia will stop delivering electric power to Finland from Saturday on.

It should be hardly surprising that this is another shot-in-the-own-foot. Russia transfers slightly more electricity to Finland than Finland transfers to Estonia and slightly less than Estonia transfers to Russia (directly or via Latvia).
Finland, Estonia and Latvia have already announced that they will cut their respective transfers, so Russia just cuts of its own supply.
Old 05-13-22, 01:41 PM   #3933
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254

Quote:
Mapuc wrote:

What is their task ?

25 minutes ago - 44°25′N 33°19′E
All operating submarines of the Russian Black Sea Fleet went to sea from Sevastopol
I hope no SSBN !? et voila...........
Old 05-13-22, 01:42 PM   #3934
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
What is their task ?

All operating submarines of the Russian Black Sea Fleet went to sea from Sevastopol

According to wiki Black Sea Fleet has 7 subs where two of them are in the Mediterranean and elsewhere

From liveuamap
Maybe they fear an attack from Ukraine or they gone attack, "Russia has withdrawn from Sevastopol Bay to the Black Sea almost all ships with missile weapons included." The Black Sea Fleet’s six improved Kilo-class submarines make it the No. 2 undersea power in the region, after the Turkish navy with its dozen German-made boats. The subs’ targets could be deeper inland. All six Kilos carry Kalibr land-attack cruise missile. One of the boats, Rostov-No-Donu, has fired Kalibrs at rebels in Syria. Kalibrs could be the main weapons for these deep strikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 05-13-22, 01:54 PM   #3935
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
It should be hardly surprising that this is another shot-in-the-own-foot. Russia transfers slightly more electricity to Finland than Finland transfers to Estonia and slightly less than Estonia transfers to Russia (directly or via Latvia).
Finland, Estonia and Latvia have already announced that they will cut their respective transfers, so Russia just cuts of its own supply.
Stop talk me dizzy.
Old 05-13-22, 02:07 PM   #3936
Dargo
Admiral

<Putin> Nice calls with Olaf Scholz and Emmanuel Macron. Thanked Olaf for their pro-Russian stance on heavy weapons & said I support a ceasefire for the Ukrainian army.

Quote:
Old 05-13-22, 02:11 PM   #3937
Dargo
Admiral

Institute for the Study of War: “the Ukrainian counteroffensive near Kharkiv is starting to look very similar to the counteroffensive that ultimately drove Russian troops away from Kyiv and out of western Ukraine entirely.”

Quote:
Old 05-13-22, 02:17 PM   #3938
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Stop talk me dizzy.
Would you prefer a German version?
Old 05-13-22, 02:23 PM   #3939
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Germany can’t send heavy weapons because it’s been shown they don’t have anything to give that works. However it seems they may be sending other things like theses stocking stuffers.

https://www.militaryfactory.com/smal...allarms_id=556

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 05-13-22, 02:34 PM   #3940
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Had a talk with a friend today and this friend said to me that one of our common friend has taken the trip to Ukraine.

My friend said that this other friend wants to be part of this special Ukrainian forces.

Let me say it this way..he fits among these Ukrainian men.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 05-13-22, 02:46 PM   #3941
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
What is their task ?

According to wiki Black Sea Fleet has 7 subs where two of them are in the Mediterranean and elsewhere

From liveuamap
It may be something as simple as protecting the subs against sabotage, Ukraine missiles and commando raids. Which would indicate to me Russia no longer feels secure in Sevastopol. Plus a submarine has a purpose which can’t be accomplished tied to the dock.

I’m surprised they were still there, I would have thought they’d put to sea before or shortly after Russia invaded Ukraine.

Old 05-13-22, 02:50 PM   #3942
Dargo
Admiral

Israel granted Estonia's request to transfer one Blue Spear 5G SSM missile system to Ukraine. The Blue Spear Missile System is a precision weapon that can strike out of line of sight against mobile and stationary targets at sea. One such complex is enough to sink the entire Russian fleet in the Black Sea. The maximum range of the missile is 290-300 km.

Quote:
Old 05-13-22, 03:32 PM   #3943
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Israel granted Estonia's request to transfer one Blue Spear 5G SSM missile system to Ukraine. The Blue Spear Missile System is a precision weapon that can strike out of line of sight against mobile and stationary targets at sea. One such complex is enough to sink the entire Russian fleet in the Black Sea. The maximum range of the missile is 290-300 km.
Interesting. That transaction may come in handy for Ukraine

Russia recognized the use of submarines for shelling Ukraine – news from Ukraine,

https://www.ilovekyiv.org/russia-rec...-from-ukraine/

Quote:
April 30, 2022

The Russian Defense Ministry on Friday admitted for the first time that it was using submarines to bombard Ukraine.

Read us in Telegram: proven facts, only important

“The crew of a diesel-electric submarine of the Black Sea Fleet from the Black Sea carried out a salvo launch of Kalibr cruise missiles at the military infrastructure of the Armed Forces of Ukraine,” the Russian ministry said.

For the first time, a British newspaper wrote about the shelling of Ukraine from submarines Times last Friday, April 22nd. The next day, the Odessa military administration confirmed this fact, adding that we are talking about Project 877 Halibut submarines.

However, in the messages of the occupiers, so far there has been no mention of missile strikes by submarines.

On Friday evening, Maxar Technologies published in Twitter satellite image of Sevastopol, showing the loading of missiles on one of the Russian submarines.

Andrey Vodyany

Old 05-13-22, 03:42 PM   #3944
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
<Putin> Nice calls with Olaf Scholz and Emmanuel Macron. Thanked Olaf for their pro-Russian stance on heavy weapons & said I support a ceasefire for the Ukrainian army.
Oh, we have an army of TV celebs and public opinion moguls over here who say that Zelensky should stop provoking Russia, and that Russia has legitimate interests. Itds all nto the Russians fault, but Ukrainians made them to do what they did. The absent peace in the past ten years is only because the Ukrainians did not play ball.

And it surprises me time and again to realise how many people know that a victim resisting is not better than its attacker, that self-defence lowers you to the rank of the attacker, and that weapons do not make peace, and that they should "start" talking "serious". Especially the Ukrainians. Its amazing what cognitive dissonance makes people to talk in rubble and BS.
Old 05-13-22, 03:58 PM   #3945
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Interesting. That transaction may come in handy for Ukraine
The range quoted for that system is roughly the line Odessa-Sevastopol (around 300km). So that covers that body of water, which may help to protect any merchant shipping from Odessa to to the Turkish Straits (wheat transports) in the future. If the system really reaches out 300km, it might also be able to strike Russian ships already when they leave Sevastopol if the missile base gets moved a bit to the East of Odessa.