SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-14-13, 03:53 PM   #16
Grizwald
Seaman

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Awesome job man, they look great!
Grizwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 03:54 PM   #17
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I do believe that this is the first new GR2 unit in the game.
Probably yes. For sure the first one being released
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 04:16 PM   #18
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Nice Good to see someone putting the GR2 Editor/Viewer through it's paces I do believe that this is the first new GR2 unit in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Probably yes. For sure the first one being released
I can garantee you - not the last one

I am working on the ixb_ai unit re-import from shIII (sorry, the hull from sh4 is a hull from ixd not ixb, and after extencive research - they are different). It's just a pain to allign everything nicely.

With this one: I'll see what is going on with the draft. If someone could test and see how it looks in game - I would appreciate.

The reason I'm asking, because the draft has been changed in sim file, the mass has been adjusted (though it has been causing me issues when I managed to put accidentally 1500t instead of 1.5t in the mass - the boat would just not render in game at all), but the waives vs size of the boat making it hard to predict what would be too much.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 04:20 PM   #19
keysersoze
Ensign

Downloads: 344

Great work!
keysersoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 04:23 PM   #20
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
With this one: I'll see what is going on with the draft. If someone could test and see how it looks in game - I would appreciate.
Okay.. I will/can look at it.. what values in the .sim should I change?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 04:41 PM   #21
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I can garantee you - not the last one

I have some small requests for you, yet. I will discuss them at the right moment, if you don't mind
Old 03-14-13, 04:45 PM   #22
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Okay.. I will/can look at it.. what values in the .sim should I change?
Thank you very much, volodya61, really appreciate it. Lack of time is my biggest annoyance atm.

primary: draft
secondary: mass, surfaced/submerged displacement

I'm hoping that it can be perfected with just fixing the draft. If I remember correctly (i'm at work atm) it is set to 0.4m at the moment.

The problem that I am having with the game files is an annoyance, that I will see different values between cfg file and .sim file of many units - and I don't know how that affects exactly those units in the game.

Same is happening with this particular unit: the cfg file has been updated with historical values. The actual weight of the boat from the historical page, which I'll post in about 2-3 hours (at work and can't seem to find it).
Old 03-14-13, 04:47 PM   #23
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Quote:

I have some small requests for you, yet. I will discuss them at the right moment, if you don't mind

You should know by now, that I take criticizm very well So just put it here or throw me a pm, bud
Old 03-14-13, 04:56 PM   #24
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
You should know by now, that I take criticizm very well So just put it here or throw me a pm, bud
no, no, it is not relative to your work, and it is actually totally out of topic here

Since you insist I will tell you in short: I have noticed that SH5 uses the same meshes as antenna of various radar warning receivers devices, which actually had the most various shapes. I was wondering if you could have replaced the old meshes with new, more accurate ones, if I provide you with pictures of the real antennas. That's all
Old 03-14-13, 05:01 PM   #25
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
no, no, it is not relative to your work, and it is actually totally out of topic here

Since you insist I will tell you in short: I have noticed that SH5 uses the same meshes as antenna of various radar warning receivers devices, which actually had the most various shapes. I was wondering if you could have replaced the old meshes with new, more accurate ones, if I provide you with pictures of the real antennas. That's all

ooooooh!! This could be a very interesting work.

I can promis that I will try. I'll explain why: I learn 3d modeling on my own, with no background. I bet that more experienced people would have done even the lifeboat better then I did. But I'm enjoying it and that is why I have released this mod: the more feedback I get, the better I will become in the future - which I am excited about.

My next, very big and very very very SIDE project right now is to build IX b/c from scratch (as I mentioned before, the SH3/SH4 models I'm just not happy with, as they are not as nice as model of VII). So, if I have a chance to practice on making smaller detailed things - I will be very very happy!
Old 03-14-13, 05:09 PM   #26
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Thank you very much, volodya61, really appreciate it. Lack of time is my biggest annoyance atm.

primary: draft
secondary: mass, surfaced/submerged displacement

I'm hoping that it can be perfected with just fixing the draft. If I remember correctly (i'm at work atm) it is set to 0.4m at the moment.
I'll test it tomorrow..

Quote:
The problem that I am having with the game files is an annoyance, that I will see different values between cfg file and .sim file of many units - and I don't know how that affects exactly those units in the game.
as to me, I already edited values in the .cfg and the .sim files of Uboats.. now they are the same..
as to other units, I had never thought about it..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 05:09 PM   #27
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
ooooooh!! This could be a very interesting work.

I can promis that I will try. I'll explain why: I learn 3d modeling on my own, with no background. I bet that more experienced people would have done even the lifeboat better then I did. But I'm enjoying it and that is why I have released this mod: the more feedback I get, the better I will become in the future - which I am excited about.

My next, very big and very very very SIDE project right now is to build IX b/c from scratch (as I mentioned before, the SH3/SH4 models I'm just not happy with, as they are not as nice as model of VII). So, if I have a chance to practice on making smaller detailed things - I will be very very happy!
Thank you Targor, you are my hero!

I will send you instructions and pictures (hopefully our keysersoze will help me finding good ones) as soon as possible!
Old 03-14-13, 05:10 PM   #28
keysersoze
Ensign

Quote:
Not to further derail this thread, but are there any more resources you need for the Type IX? I have not been able to find any really good IXB schematics yet but will keep looking.
Old 03-14-13, 05:13 PM   #29
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
as to me, I already edited values in the .cfg and the .sim files of Uboats.. now they are the same..
as to other units, I had never thought about it..
yes, that's true: often cfg file specs and sim file specs are different, and one always wonder which ones are actually applied.
Old 03-14-13, 05:24 PM   #30
keysersoze
Ensign

Quote:
Thank you Targor, you are my hero!

I will send you instructions and pictures (hopefully our keysersoze will help me finding good ones) as soon as possible!
I'm on it... (gap, check your PM)