SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-30-23, 01:31 PM   #481
MK2
Loader

Downloads: 205
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Do we have a british voice pack for this mod yet? If not. lot of Brit's on this site, surely someone could record some dialogue . lol

I downloaded the mod before and enjoyed it but immersion killer having all american accents in a Royal Navy sub.
I have the British voice pack completed if you would like to help me test it.
MK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-23, 05:48 AM   #482
flush deck
Mate

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The problem with any RN mod, is that there are no "proper' English accented voices, no RN submarine uniforms, and no tea time!... There are issues with the mod also, but definitely interesting.
I've developed a small mod to have RN crew uniforms, to use with the Keltos Triton class, and others RN submarine you could use in this great mod. I've planed to make also a summer style. It's JSGME ready, just replace the basic game uniform by RN ones for all the crew in all the situation.

Let me know if you could be interested for the WDAD Mod.

Against the overwhelming odds

Last edited by flush deck; 07-17-23 at 06:37 AM.
flush deck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-23, 08:47 AM   #483
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Oh! Count me in as definitely interested flush deck!!!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-23, 09:47 AM   #484
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 162

Some time ago I had the idea to rework on WDAD, adding new features:
- a 1939-1941 campagin in north sea and Norway against Germany;
- some missions in 1942 in the bay of Biscay, huntung german u-boats;
- 1940-43 med campaign against the Italians;
- 1943-45 eastern campaign against the Japan.
I always thought it was an impossible dream (I have no modding skills ), but after seeing all the efforts of you and VonDos on remaking the navies of Germany and Italy, maybe, remake this mod is possible.
it could be also added to the the campaign, the new WoW british sub models, a converted version of the SH5 U class submarine and a nice Parthian class sub on turbosquid (actually i already have all of them), with all the permissions, obviously.
What do you think about it guys?

Rapidi Ed Invisibili-the campaign (an italian mod for SH4)
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-23, 02:32 PM   #485
flush deck
Mate

Quote:
Oh! Count me in as definitely interested flush deck!!!
I'm on the way. Pack you that in the next few days.

Old 07-18-23, 03:45 PM   #486
flush deck
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
Some time ago I had the idea to rework on WDAD, adding new features:
- a 1939-1941 campagin in north sea and Norway against Germany;
- some missions in 1942 in the bay of Biscay, huntung german u-boats;
- 1940-43 med campaign against the Italians;
- 1943-45 eastern campaign against the Japan.
I always thought it was an impossible dream (I have no modding skills ), but after seeing all the efforts of you and VonDos on remaking the navies of Germany and Italy, maybe, remake this mod is possible.
it could be also added to the the campaign, the new WoW british sub models, a converted version of the SH5 U class submarine and a nice Parthian class sub on turbosquid (actually i already have all of them), with all the permissions, obviously.
What do you think about it guys?
That's sound great. Glad to see that our work with Von Dos could be useful and reboost you on this ambitious and so interesting project.

I don't use WDAD, as any big Mod, I just pick some elements that I need on those Mod, like submarine or IA units to built some short missions. I work with a Stock version with U-boat missions. My aim is always to take something and try to update it by reworking textures. Make a sort of homogeneous render for all the units, that's the goal we want to reach for each fleet with my friend Von Dos. We have achieved the Regia Marina, the Kriegsmarine is in progress, we work actually on torpedo and minelayer units, next will be Royal Navy.
So, about all those units, it's SH3 base but I've tested some transfers to SH4 and it work fine for my small test. The plan is to convert all the units we have made and will make for SH3 to SH4 and share them for those who might be interested to build something with.

If I could help you to rework this great Mod, and make an up to date version with our last work, that will be with great pleasure. The Keltos Triton class bring me so much fun, that's the less I can do to thanks him for this great model. It would be a fair return of things.

As I don't use WDAD, I don't know where the development has stopped. What you need ? But I've lot of elements that could be useful to rework campaigns for WDAD.

I've no skills to build a campaign, I just work on texture, and make some stand alone IA units and sub from Mod to my personal use.

What I can propose you, if everyone is agree with this project

- Regia Marina/Kriegsmarine/Royal Navy/French Navy units from my collaboration with Von Dos. That guarantee you an homogeneous render for all the units. I make the conversion to SH4 and test

- The Keltos Triton class model, with reworked textures, Royal Navy crew uniform for 3D crew.
I work actually on the Vicker03 Fleet boats Class S full interior that I've adapted to the Keltos Triton model, and I rework the texture to give a more "Royal Navy" interior finish inspired by HMS Alliance inside colors (what you can see in the picts that show the uniform crew mod)

- Some stuff that you probably already have in WDAD, new crew board with RN face icon and ranks and a new silhouette from my reworked Triton. I'll post you some picts of that stuff.

- New cinematic menu and loading page in more Royal Navy spirit.

- Some battle maps with units movements, dates and times, that could be useful to build campaign and mission if needed.

And I forget the MK2 speech pack! Top job to complete the board. I guess we have all we need to start an update of this great Mod

Last edited by flush deck; 07-19-23 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-21-23, 01:33 PM   #487
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 162

Uuu that’s nice )
By now we should just find someone to help with the campaign layers. propbeani or bubblehead maybe 🤔

Rapidi Ed Invisibili-the campaign (an italian mod for SH4)
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-23, 02:38 PM   #488
MK2
Loader

Downloads: 205

This mod brings the great work of Lurker and JapLance together in one download . This also includes the British Klaxon mod created by Karl Heinrich and the Speech mod I created (their work is untouched and is simply contained in Mod download for ease of install).

The British Speech mod was created using Nakreet,an A.I. online voice app and then another app to convert the MP4 files to .OOG

Use a fresh install of the game for these mods.

Install the JGSME app.Make sure you have a MODS folder in your install.

Place mod folders in MODS directory (created by JGSME) Install just the folders contained in the zip files and NOT the zip files.

Install order

1 - WDAD_v100
2 - WDAD_V100_Patch1
3 - WDAD_V100_Patch K
4 - WDAD AI Italian Sub Adua v1.1
5 - WDAD HMS Triton Refit 1.1
6 - WDAD missions 1940
7 - MedCampaign 2.5 release
7 - British Speech Mod (this mod may take a while be patient)
8 - SH4 British Dive Klaxon

enjoy!

Mk2 (Alex Aguila)

Link and everything you need in one download here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6357
MK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-23, 10:34 AM   #489
Karl Heinrich
Soundman

Downloads: 60

Great to see a voice pack has now been added, I started making one manually last time I was active here but now with decent AI voices (which I've since used for an RAF Battle of Britain project) it's definitely a bit more doable - but still time consuming to do all of the different elements!

Nice to see a bit of life in WDAD again, and for my klaxon to be be bundled in with it, great stuff! Back working on my paper charts again primarily but will be following this with interest, and may be able to contribute a bit more at some point
Old 02-22-24, 03:03 AM   #490
smm
The master

Downloads: 9

Hullo,
I got WDAD, and am trying to install it, but running into problems.

Here's what I did:
- a clean install of SH4 (all "SH4" references here will be uboat missions, so 1.5) on C drive, and tried to install the mod (using JSGME unless mentioned otherwise), including the med campaign, in the order suggested a few posts above. Result: fails to load, crashes in about middle of the load bar.

- a clean install of SH4, non-C drive, only the base (base base, i.e. only Royal Navy_WDAD_v100) mod. Result: nothing in the menu, no WDAD loading screen either. American career shows, well American career.

- a clean install of SH4, non-C drive, base (all mods in the wdad zip, no med campaign). American career shows British career, but on starting a mission, gets black screen. Tabbing out shows a few "File missing 'DATA/Menu/Data/SubmarineClasses/Triton_Class_01.tga'" dialogs, which when oked, get me into mission, where sort of little works.. Search for this file in the SH4 folder (and sub folders) returns nothing.

Any help appreciated!

--smm
smm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-24, 10:31 AM   #491
propbeanie

After activating the mod, but prior to running the modded game, did you empty the save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH)?

Old 02-22-24, 12:07 PM   #492
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

PM sent to MK2 about broken download link.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-24, 12:56 PM   #493
smm
The master

Quote:
After activating the mod, but prior to running the modded game, did you empty the save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH)?

Nope.

But even with that, I got the same behaviour - Med tour crashes, w/o med tour it fails to find Triton tga

--smm
Old 02-22-24, 02:29 PM   #494
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm View Post
Nope.

But even with that, I got the same behaviour - Med tour crashes, w/o med tour it fails to find Triton tga

--smm
Open JSGME.exe then, click on the "Tasks..." link in the middle of the app, and use "Export activated mods list to --->", and if you use "Clipboard", you can paste that directly into your next post, or use "Text file", you can copy that and paste the info into your next post.

Old 02-23-24, 02:17 AM   #495
smm
The master

Quote:
Open JSGME.exe then, click on the "Tasks..." link in the middle of the app, and use "Export activated mods list to --->", and if you use "Clipboard", you can paste that directly into your next post, or use "Text file", you can copy that and paste the info into your next post.
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific\MODS]

Royal Navy_WDAD_v100
Royal Navy_WDAD_V100_Patch1
WDAD_V100_Patch k
WDAD AI italian sub Adua v1.1
WDAD-HMS Triton refit 1.1
WDAD missions 1940
Med Campaign 2.5 Release

Edit:. Doh, stupid me. I assumed the mods were immediately, but in the first two files there's and extra directory. On fixing that, it all appears well!

--smm

Last edited by smm; 02-25-24 at 06:31 AM.