SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-21, 04:13 PM   #1
InterstellarMarbles
Nub

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0
bullhorn Project 941 Typhoon Interior For SH4

Hi everyone, I posted several years ago on this site searching for help with making a better interior for the Typhoon SSBN by Jhapprich. My interest in the project still persists. I have started up on it again with renewed excitement. Starting to layout the interior in blender and hoping this thread will be a place where I can go for assistance as needed. I have begun digging into files using S3D and organizing what i learn from each trip down the rabbit hole.

I have also spoken with vickers03 (creator of the incredible Fleetboat interior quarters mod) to get some preliminary advice on what the workflow should look like.

My background is design engineering, I have no problem working blender, the artsy fartsy stuff that goes into making a game mod is new to me. However, it would seem that I can begin by focusing on the 3D modelling of the boat interior and then worry about room breakup, texturing and making it play with SH4 later.

Hunt for Red October had a permanent effect on me. I MUST have the Red October to walk around in game while I sail the world!

As far as what I intend the flavor to be my thinking is a hybrid of the movie boat and what images I can scrounge of the real thing. For now i'm thinking the command center will be very much themed after the movie. The captains cabin will probably be very similar to the movie as well if I can glean enough data from the film. To fill out the interior my hope is to also include many elements found in pictures of the real sub, lounge, pool etc.. And of course the gramophone will play the soundtrack!

Things are still at the beginning stages, what has changed is I now have discovered blender, an easy way to create the geometry. It's going to be slow going with a newborn and 2 year old around but I plan to get there. I will post questions and updates here.

I'm going to make this beauty happen!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg emdf96ycuaoy.jpg (97.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 3F0056D500000578-0-image-a-98_1491487024536.jpg (98.1 KB, 22 views)
InterstellarMarbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 07:03 PM   #2
sithlordmaligant
Mate

Downloads: 1033
Uploads: 0

I will be very interested as the typhoon is my boat that I use playing the game even a better exterior would be welcomed

DO UNTO OTHERS THEN RUN VERY FAST
sithlordmaligant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mod, mod issue, red october, sh4, typhoon