Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-21, 09:54 AM   #1
AP514
Gunner

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default TWOS will not load with new Ubi update

I just tried to launch SH5-TWOS. I got an update from Ubisoft. Now after the update I get all the way into loading saved game and CTD.

Any Ideas ?
AP514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 06:07 AM   #2
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP514 View Post
I just tried to launch SH5-TWOS. I got an update from Ubisoft. Now after the update I get all the way into loading saved game and CTD.

Any Ideas ?
Well, Steam version works fine (despite being launched through Ubisoft Connect too). What version of the game do you have?
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 09:37 AM   #3
AP514
Gunner

Downloads: 6

I ave the latest version and the latest TWoS..Dam update screwed me...guess i will redownload and start again. I hope I can import my Save Games.

Still not sure how the update happened because I had it turned off
AP514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 03:31 PM   #4
Dolemite-
Watch

Downloads: 162

Yep, I tried playing SH5 last night, hit with an ubi update out of nowhere, ok whatever, I let it update.... welp, no more SH5 for me!

Let me know if you get it fixed,AP514, I'm not even going to bother trying to figure it out right now
Dolemite- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 02:42 PM   #5
Dolemite-
Watch

Bump, anyone else have this problem? SH5 (non steam) is completely unplayable with TWoS after last months UBI update
Old 08-16-21, 04:08 PM   #6
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

i got off ubi 2 months ago after they wanted me to verify my email which i hadn't had in years i try support never got an answer so i went to steam but i would try to change the exe see if that helps you dont have nothing to lose by trying it
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x48vge...5/sh5.zip/file
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 08:55 PM   #7
JerseySeven
Random#

Downloads: 142

Are you putting Ubisoft Connect into offline mode before loading TWoS?

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now without a problem, and Ubi Connect just updated right before playing it tonight. But I was offline, and the game started fine.

Sorry I can't offer any solutions. Hope you get it running again soon!
JerseySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 10:20 AM   #8
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySeven View Post
Are you putting Ubisoft Connect into offline mode before loading TWoS?

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now without a problem, and Ubi Connect just updated right before playing it tonight. But I was offline, and the game started fine.

Sorry I can't offer any solutions. Hope you get it running again soon!
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=930
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 07:21 PM   #9
Dolemite-
Watch

Let me try and be more specific, I can start SH5 stock, and I can start SH5 with TWoS installed, ubi is in offline mode, and the game does start, my install is from the physical DVD. I can get to the new/modded TWoS loading screen with the red bar at the bottom, and the message that warns you that your screen might be black for 5 minutes after loading is complete before you get to the actual SH5 in game menu. I see that. I get to that point, but when the loading bar is complete, that's it, infinite black screen, the game never loads and I have to ctrl alt delete and sign out to regain control of my computer.

A couple of weeks ago that 'black screen' you get warned about would only last about 10 seconds on my PC with an SSD to load. Now it is simply infinite.
Old 08-18-21, 12:33 PM   #10
adrians69
Engineer

Downloads: 299

This is due to Ubisoft forcing an update to Ubisoft Connect version of the game which was designed to stop TWoS from working. If you have the Ubi Connect version, you will no longer be able to use TWoS. You will need the Steam or DVD version to continue with the mod pack

Click here to view my MS Flight Simulator X, Silent Hunter, Space Shuttle Mission Simulator, X Plane 11 & Train Simulator 2020 screenshots!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrians69/
adrians69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 01:15 AM   #11
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians69 View Post
This is due to Ubisoft forcing an update to Ubisoft Connect version of the game which was designed to stop TWoS from working. If you have the Ubi Connect version, you will no longer be able to use TWoS. You will need the Steam or DVD version to continue with the mod pack
A little correction - Steam version is also launching through Ubi Connect, but despite this it does work with TWoS.
Old 08-19-21, 01:19 AM   #12
adrians69
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
A little correction - Steam version is also launching through Ubi Connect, but despite this it does work with TWoS.
That is correct, they all launch through Ubi Connect, but only Ubi version has to be run from the "Play" button there (which becomes an "Update" button so the update is forced on you), so it's the only one affected by their stupid update. I've also noticed that SH5 is suddenly available again on their storefront. It hasn't been sold by them for ages.

Click here to view my MS Flight Simulator X, Silent Hunter, Space Shuttle Mission Simulator, X Plane 11 & Train Simulator 2020 screenshots!!
Old 08-19-21, 02:22 AM   #13
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
That is correct, they all launch through Ubi Connect, but only Ubi version has to be run from the "Play" button there (which becomes an "Update" button so the update is forced on you), so it's the only one affected by their stupid update. I've also noticed that SH5 is suddenly available again on their storefront. It hasn't been sold by them for ages.
Hmm... I don't have Ubi version to try this but I wonder if launching through KSD would work to bypass "Play" button
Old 08-19-21, 12:30 PM   #14
adrians69
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Hmm... I don't have Ubi version to try this but I wonder if launching through KSD would work to bypass "Play" button
No mate, it doesn't. I used to have the Ubi version and all it does is launch Ubi Connect to the game's loading screen with the "Update" button glaring back at you. I found a copy of the Collector's Edition on DVD so use that now instead

Old 08-19-21, 12:33 PM   #15
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
No mate, it doesn't. I used to have the Ubi version and all it does is launch Ubi Connect to the game's loading screen with the "Update" button glaring back at you. I found a copy of the Collector's Edition on DVD so use that now instead
when i had ubi connect i use to launch all the time from KSD and not mess with the play button from there and it was just last month when i switch over to steam
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote