SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-16-21, 12:36 PM   #13861
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostfacexx115 View Post
I've been trying to download this mod every day for 3 years and still won't work. Just one detailed explanation on how to download this thing would be nice but I'm ready to throw myself and this computer out the window
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
1100 download attempts! That's some dedication

Don't throw yourself anywhere. Keep calm and we'll get you through this.

Don't throw out the computer too, you'll need it.

Detailed instructions are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ru57h...tions.pdf/file

If you get stuck at any point, post at which step you had a problem and we'll see what could be done.
indeed ... and don't forget that the subsim download site gets blocked by most browsers anymore, and there is a message at the top of the download page concerning that. Either use a different browser, or put subsim.com on a "white-list" to allow it to pass through.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 05:21 PM   #13862
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I've been trying to download this mod every day for 3 years and still won't work. Just one detailed explanation on how to download this thing would be nice but I'm ready to throw myself and this computer out the window
also what your internet speed if it slow you will get a time out even if you use a download manger you can't resume the download
Old 06-17-21, 03:25 AM   #13863
ghostfacexx115
Swabbie

Downloads: 30
Default cant even download the mod

computer just keeps blocking it
ghostfacexx115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 03:30 AM   #13864
Propnut17
Mate

Downloads: 68

You have some good advice, I would try a different browser and then add subsim.com on your "white-list" to allow the download to pass through your browser. Also I would make sure that your anti-virus program is disabled for the time of the download. Good luck.
Propnut17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 03:35 AM   #13865
ghostfacexx115
Swabbie

I've tried all that. whitelisted, taken down all anti-virus and SmartScreen for windows 10. it's like everything I try to do is just something else that blocks me. I've used different accounts and even different computers and yet every single time it just blocks it. I've downloaded a lot of mods before but this is by the most confusing I've ever seen
Old 06-17-21, 04:11 AM   #13866
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 580
Uploads: 7

Quote:
I've tried all that. whitelisted, taken down all anti-virus and SmartScreen for windows 10. it's like everything I try to do is just something else that blocks me. I've used different accounts and even different computers and yet every single time it just blocks it. I've downloaded a lot of mods before but this is by the most confusing I've ever seen

Do you get an error message in browser or is the download just canceled after time X?

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 06:49 AM   #13867
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
And there lies one problem...multiple accounts are not allowed and I have to manage them as per the forum rules.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 07:14 AM   #13868
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
And there lies one problem...multiple accounts are not allowed and I have to manage them as per the forum rules.
Hy Jim, I only have one account .. (you can check ..)
but I have already had these loading problems several times .. I am at Downloads: 392 whereas I should have some in the 260 ~ because for 1 downloaded file it opened 8 to 10 download these problems started in September of last year !! or sometimes he does not want to download squarely .. I am still under Windo .. 7 this can come from adblock it must be configured for "Subsim" to check its defender & firewall more .. because I noticed a lot of updates day in this period ... at the moment it works rather well but I do more updates than those that I deem necessary. here is Jim ... Respect & Greetings kindly .. KM_U669
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 02:20 AM   #13869
ghostfacexx115
Swabbie

I've downloaded the mod, followed all the steps the pdf file says, but when I go to start SH5 it says, "game startup fail. please check Ubisoft installation". I've downloaded it many different ways, but each time that's the end result. and the worst part is I only want this mod so the tonnage bar bug can go away, I'm not even interested in the graphics, realism, or anything else. I just wanna make this game playable by removing that one stupid bug
Old 06-18-21, 02:31 AM   #13870
ghostfacexx115
Swabbie

is there any way to fix the tonnage bar bug without having to download this huge mod?
Old 06-18-21, 06:30 AM   #13871
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
I've downloaded the mod, followed all the steps the pdf file says, but when I go to start SH5 it says, "game startup fail. please check Ubisoft installation". I've downloaded it many different ways, but each time that's the end result. and the worst part is I only want this mod so the tonnage bar bug can go away, I'm not even interested in the graphics, realism, or anything else. I just wanna make this game playable by removing that one stupid bug
if you downloaded it once and your getting game startup fail you dont need to keep downloading the mod did you change the sh5 exe if your using uplay or uconnect
Old 06-19-21, 02:33 AM   #13872
ghostfacexx115
Swabbie

how do you change the sh5 exe?, because I am using uplay version
Old 06-19-21, 07:11 AM   #13873
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

THEBERBSTER has a post Uplay Download Version Fix For SH5 And TWoS - just follow his instructions

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 10:48 AM   #13874
Raptor82
Lost in the Waves

Downloads: 78

I just want to post my appreciation for this mod

10 out of 10 would chase down whale only to be sad
Raptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 02:28 AM   #13875
Nicolai
Watch

Downloads: 63

Wanting to dl this great modpack again after a long hiatus, but the mediafire link gives me about 8-10 hours of downloading.. is there an alternative mirror/torrent or should I just bite the bullet on this?
Nicolai is offline   Reply With Quote