SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-17-14, 09:54 PM   #691
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

never mind got it LOL

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-14, 08:43 AM   #692
Lastman
Torpedoman

Downloads: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Nothing is wrong here, it's just your angle measurement, it's not 100% accurate (and never will be) . Also target is pretty far away...

Here what will happen when target is just a little bit closer...
little question.... How do you have a so clear e smooth ship in from yours periscope?
when I look a ship it looks all pixelated, especially the thin parts such as mast and ropes
Lastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-14, 10:08 AM   #693
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastman View Post
little question.... How do you have a so clear e smooth ship in from yours periscope?
when I look a ship it looks all pixelated, especially the thin parts such as mast and ropes
I don't know...Antialiasing maybe?

Last edited by vdr1981; 06-18-14 at 10:34 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-14, 03:15 PM   #694
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Default Question Again

2 questions here for ya .. I am currently on patrol in the med I see that was release of patch 4 . should I wait till I port ? also within the mod accurate german flags are installed , but I dont see the flag on my boat . anything that I need to do ?

thanks VAD

Old 06-18-14, 03:37 PM   #695
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimuraijn View Post
2 questions here for ya .. I am currently on patrol in the med I see that was release of patch 4 . should I wait till I port ?
I think it's better to wait until you reach the port...
Quote:
also within the mod accurate german flags are installed , but I dont see the flag on my boat . anything that I need to do ?

thanks VAD
This is not "sub flags mod", this one only adds swastika to the game...Unfortunately, sub flag mod in combination with this modlist will always result in CTD...
Old 06-19-14, 06:47 AM   #696
mattius
Watch

Downloads: 102
Default One a couple of little question to save me much reading:-

1.What advantages does this MOD have over Sobers Mods, if any?

2. I have a pretty powerful PC & get 60fps at all times. Are there any options/Mods to get the Graphics better than those realized in The Wolves Of Steel Mod?

Many Thanks,

Last edited by mattius; 06-19-14 at 07:06 AM.
mattius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-14, 06:56 AM   #697
Captain_AJ
Crusty

VDR Said .. This is not "sub flags mod", this one only adds swastika to the game...Unfortunately, sub flag mod in combination with this modlist will always result in CTD...

Thanks for the reply .. Question again . I wanted to make the hydro sound more clearly as it appears to be sporadic in holding sound on a contact , or listening for that manner . I went to the Options Py file under "fix broken Hydro sounds . I checked and all options as true and than went back to the game , when I tried to go back to the hydro station I would get a CTD as soon as I clicked that station . The question is. did you as a author of your mod decide to make contacts behave like this at the hydro station ? I went to the ioptions editor and set the hydro back too what it was before . CTd did not happen after that . What was the idea behind this concerning the hydro station ? I do not know what historical evdiance that would make this more realistic .. I can live with it I always have played at 100%

Thanks VDR

Old 06-19-14, 08:59 AM   #698
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
VDR Said .. This is not "sub flags mod", this one only adds swastika to the game...Unfortunately, sub flag mod in combination with this modlist will always result in CTD...

Thanks for the reply .. Question again . I wanted to make the hydro sound more clearly as it appears to be sporadic in holding sound on a contact , or listening for that manner . I went to the Options Py file under "fix broken Hydro sounds . I checked and all options as true and than went back to the game , when I tried to go back to the hydro station I would get a CTD as soon as I clicked that station . The question is. did you as a author of your mod decide to make contacts behave like this at the hydro station ? I went to the ioptions editor and set the hydro back too what it was before . CTd did not happen after that . What was the idea behind this concerning the hydro station ? I do not know what historical evdiance that would make this more realistic .. I can live with it I always have played at 100%

Thanks VDR
This must be due to "realistic hydrophones" optional mod...If you like, you can remove it and continue your campaign...You can also check this thread...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=208473heck
Old 06-19-14, 09:12 AM   #699
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattius View Post
1.What advantages does this MOD have over Sobers Mods, if any?

2. I have a pretty powerful PC & get 60fps at all times. Are there any options/Mods to get the Graphics better than those realized in The Wolves Of Steel Mod?

Many Thanks,
Well, the main advantage is obvious...This is single file download (almost) while Sober's maintaining classical modlist. This is also the biggest disadvantage too, because of limited customization options.

Regarding graphics, not much really. Maybe you could try some Sober's lights mod or realistic contrast...
Old 06-19-14, 02:24 PM   #700
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Default Understand better

Quote:
This must be due to "realistic hydrophones" optional mod...If you like, you can remove it and continue your campaign...You can also check this thread...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=208473heck

Indeed this is a better and seemingly more realistic than when TDW came out with his exe patch . it enhances the hydrophone to higher degree .. Keeping it this way after reading and watching the videos on you tube .. Thanks Again VDR for your explanation

Old 06-19-14, 02:32 PM   #701
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Indeed this is a better and seemingly more realistic than when TDW came out with his exe patch . it enhances the hydrophone to higher degree .. Keeping it this way after reading and watching the videos on you tube .. Thanks Again VDR for your explanation
Keep in mind that TDW it selves isn't so impressed with the mod. The mod is very buggy and unfinished (you'll see for your selves first time when you encounter large convoy), but it has good potencial so I decide to save it as optional mod for TWoS. The real thing will be when TDW decide to step up to the task and create his version of realistic hydrophones...
Old 06-20-14, 03:14 AM   #702
mattius
Watch

Downloads: 102

Quote:
Well, the main advantage is obvious...This is single file download (almost) while Sober's maintaining classical modlist. This is also the biggest disadvantage too, because of limited customization options.

Regarding graphics, not much really. Maybe you could try some Sober's lights mod or realistic contrast...
Many Thanks!
mattius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-14, 08:04 PM   #703
Jaystew
Sparky

Downloads: 50

My Windows install got porked have to redo everything. Trying to redownload the mod, dropbox says you are over your file hosting limit. Any idea when that clears up?
Jaystew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-14, 01:43 AM   #704
Philbo
Nub

Downloads: 16

Hey Guys,

thanks for the great mod!

I can´t download the 1.02, because the Dropbox got too much traffic.
Any idea, maybe a second Download Location?

Thanks!
Philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-14, 01:44 AM   #705
vdr1981
Navy Seal

It seems to me Dropbox is the same crap like others file hosts... Looking for solution...

Try mediafire download again...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6h...Steel_1.02.rar