SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-14, 04:48 PM   #586
Shalafi
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
No, Auto. target recognition is disabled for realism purposes. I don't think it's realistic to identify the ship 20 km away just by clicking one button...Sinking enemy shipping is is already to easy...
Too bad.

Im curious. At what range and how fast do you identify ships? And can you identify them at night at all?
Old 05-25-14, 04:54 PM   #587
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
Too bad.

Im curious. At what range and how fast do you identify ships? And can you identify them at night at all?
Because crew management in SH5 is totally dumbed down I use long Atlantic days without action to study recognition manual. If you do the same and survive until happy times starts, you will also become the expert in ship recognition without cheats...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 09:33 AM   #588
wombat778
Swabbie

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
Thanks for the info. Im hoping someone else knows of a solution that doesnt involve that much manual labour.
I think I have an easier (although not perfect) solution. Try opening "Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\Commands.cfg", then search for "0x3F130002" in that file. Under that line, insert the following line:

Code:

Key0=0x49,Cs,"Shift+I"
After that, pressing Shift-I should identify the target.
wombat778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 09:42 AM   #589
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat778 View Post
I think I have an easier (although not perfect) solution. Try opening "Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\Commands.cfg", then search for "0x3F130002" in that file. Under that line, insert the following line:

Code:

Key0=0x49,Cs,"Shift+I"
After that, pressing Shift-I should identify the target.
You cheater!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 06:27 AM   #590
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

While watching stoianm's tutorials on intercepting a convoy, I noticed that in his game BdU reports the exact course and speed of a convoy. When playing with TWoS, I only get the exact speed, but not the course (only approximations such as NW, N, etc.). Without getting into the problem of realism, is it possible to tweak the game so that it reports the exact course of the convoy? I tried doing it in TDW's options file viewer under the Radio tab, but nothing was changed.

If this cannot be changed, or if you think that it shouldn't be changed due to issues of realism, how do you plot out the course of the convoy? Just by drawing a line that imitates that tiny little line extending from the square by which the convoy is represented on the map? I find that this often leads to inaccuracies, naturally.

Also, when using the mod I noticed that clicking on a reported convoy on the map does not cause the game to show the details of that convoy at the top of the map. Can this be reverted back to the old system? I understand that you can simply go into the captain's log and look for that information, but it gets a bit tedious searching for everything in the rather clunky scrolling window of the log.
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 06:25 PM   #591
Shalafi
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

CTD when I tried to manual input the mast height with mouse wheel.
Old 05-29-14, 09:57 AM   #592
MicroMax
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
Default Damaged items

I got shot by the destroyer and it damaged some of the modules inside of the sub, but when I clicked onto the module to repair it, istead of repairing it, it destroyed the module. And if module is orange coloured, then it wont do anything to it at all.
Game patched to 1.2, with mod patched with latest patch too.
I also don't have that little map that you can expand on the left bottom corner.
Any idea how to fix both?
MicroMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 11:12 AM   #593
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63

Welcome MicroMax

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 11:14 AM   #594
MicroMax
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Welcome MicroMax
Thank you!
Old 05-29-14, 11:36 AM   #595
Sartoris
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMax View Post
I got shot by the destroyer and it damaged some of the modules inside of the sub, but when I clicked onto the module to repair it, istead of repairing it, it destroyed the module. And if module is orange coloured, then it wont do anything to it at all.
Game patched to 1.2, with mod patched with latest patch too.
I also don't have that little map that you can expand on the left bottom corner.
Any idea how to fix both?
Don't know about the module, but I assume you can open the little map by turning it on (by clicking the small circle on the top of the vertical tab that shows your depth, tools etc., it should be somewhere on that tab) and then clicking the small triangles that appear in the bottom left corner that allow you to expand it.
Old 05-29-14, 11:40 AM   #596
MicroMax
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
Don't know about the module, but I assume you can open the little map by turning it on (by clicking the small circle on the top of the vertical tab that shows your depth, tools etc., it should be somewhere on that tab) and then clicking the small triangles that appear in the bottom left corner that allow you to expand it.
Yea, it does open the triangles when I click on the circle, but when I click triangles or expand that map, I only see borders of it and map it self is invisible.
Old 05-29-14, 11:52 AM   #597
Sartoris
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMax View Post
Yea, it does open the triangles when I click on the circle, but when I click triangles or expand that map, I only see borders of it and map it self is invisible.
I think the map is only supposed to show your immediate surroundings, not the entire map of the world, so you'll probably just see a blue background of the sea that you can draw in... I'm not sure if that's the case, I don't really use that mini map that often.
Old 05-29-14, 11:55 AM   #598
MicroMax
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
I think the map is only supposed to show your immediate surroundings, not the entire map of the world, so you'll probably just see a blue background of the sea that you can draw in... I'm not sure if that's the case, I don't really use that mini map that often.
It looks like when you post image on internet but image is missing and has only borders and little image in the middle, so the same in the game but without image.
Im going to resintall everything and see if it will help.
Old 05-29-14, 12:23 PM   #599
MicroMax
Swabbie

Okay, reinstalled game patched it and installed mod with patch and now modules with even 99% wont repair even if its showing that it is being repaired.
BTW, module names that you click on is in German, rest of the descriptions is in English.

Little update, I have tried another mega mod wolves from under sea, and it has same issue.
Vanilla game is fine.

Last edited by MicroMax; 05-29-14 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-29-14, 06:18 PM   #600
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A warm welcome “Micromax“ to the Subsim family.

You will always find someone here to help you.

Link to my SH4 - SH5 posts:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote