SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-14, 08:41 PM   #811
LCQ_SH
Lieutenant

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Did you enable schnorchel by some chance maybe?
you mean in port? For first patrol, snorkel is not available and I wouldn't have enough renown neither.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Why so? I stated in the second post clearly for players to avoid as much as possible game saving near active AI units...

Are you sure you performed steps 5 and 6 correctly?
Well, since my first posts about no tonnage recording....I just figured it out that this happens either way I am close or not to the AI......also that depends on how close you mean......... For example, my last save......was about 10km away from a unit.......sunk it (first ship in my "career")......no recording........I reload the saved game again........in which I was supposed to have cero sunk vessels...........and there it was in the map the mark of a destroyed one (where it came from?).......... . That has happened to me a lot..... Also, sometimes the message white box register sunk vessels, sometimes it doesn't (when it doesn't, my tonnage is not reflected).......but they are always registered in the capt's logbook, so when I quit a game, the last screen does know I sunk them. (within my patrol area)...

About 5 and 6..........yes, I did it correctly, I changed some stuff though, (not big deal)........just map colors, mouse in, mouse out stuff...........none "advance users" options......changes did took effect...........

Even I reinstalled everything........and same troubles

Thanks for the reply!
LCQ_SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-14, 01:43 AM   #812
quad5
Soundman

Downloads: 581

There is a question: the company has to begin in Memel port?
quad5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-14, 03:15 AM   #813
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCQ_SH View Post
you mean in port? For first patrol, snorkel is not available and I wouldn't have enough renown neither.......

Well, since my first posts about no tonnage recording....I just figured it out that this happens either way I am close or not to the AI......also that depends on how close you mean......... For example, my last save......was about 10km away from a unit.......sunk it (first ship in my "career")......no recording........I reload the saved game again........in which I was supposed to have cero sunk vessels...........and there it was in the map the mark of a destroyed one (where it came from?).......... . That has happened to me a lot..... Also, sometimes the message white box register sunk vessels, sometimes it doesn't (when it doesn't, my tonnage is not reflected).......but they are always registered in the capt's logbook, so when I quit a game, the last screen does know I sunk them. (within my patrol area)...

About 5 and 6..........yes, I did it correctly, I changed some stuff though, (not big deal)........just map colors, mouse in, mouse out stuff...........none "advance users" options......changes did took effect...........

Even I reinstalled everything........and same troubles

Thanks for the reply!
if doesn't show the sunk ship tonnage then u have enabled some features from Advanced section in TDW's generic patcher ....
If u have the latest version of TDW's Genericpatcher do not enable patches from Advanced User.
If u don't have the lates version of TDW's GenericPatcher then do not enable the fallowing patches:
- Disable Orbit Listener checks in main game loops
- Disable Orbit Listener account sharing check
- Render Patch ( from rande patch u can enable the fallowing patches 1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 13,14 )
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-14, 09:48 AM   #814
LCQ_SH
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
if doesn't show the sunk ship tonnage then u have enabled some features from Advanced section in TDW's generic patcher ....
If u have the latest version of TDW's Genericpatcher do not enable patches from Advanced User.
If u don't have the lates version of TDW's GenericPatcher then do not enable the fallowing patches:
- Disable Orbit Listener checks in main game loops
- Disable Orbit Listener account sharing check
- Render Patch ( from rande patch u can enable the fallowing patches 1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 13,14 )
But that's the thing, I havn't messed up with any advance setting

Actually, this started to happen by just patching it (before knowing I could change some stuff)

Last edited by LCQ_SH; 07-26-14 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-26-14, 10:03 AM   #815
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
But that's the thing, I havn't messed up with any advance setting
that's sound like a "non offcial game" if u know what i mean .... only thoes game have this problem ....
u have made a backup for the patched files ?
try without any mods and any enabled patch ....
Old 07-26-14, 03:16 PM   #816
LCQ_SH
Lieutenant

Quote:
that's sound like a "non offcial game" if u know what i mean .... only thoes game have this problem ....
u have made a backup for the patched files ?
try without any mods and any enabled patch ....

lol....it's an official game..... I can assure you that......... Yeah,I have my backup........so, should I try patched and unmodded.........modded but not patched it or with none of those options above??
Old 07-26-14, 07:11 PM   #817
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
lol....it's an official game..... I can assure you that......... Yeah,I have my backup........so, should I try patched and unmodded.........modded but not patched it or with none of those options above??
i didn't said that yoy game is not legal ...i have said that non legal games have the same problem

first try without any patch and mods then try enable 1 by 1 from patches...
and at last 1 by 1 from mods
Old 07-27-14, 02:18 AM   #818
Dragon81
Engineer

Downloads: 68

Hi guys,

is it normal that the minimap is invisible with this mod?
Why? Is there a way to enable it?
Dragon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 02:24 AM   #819
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon81 View Post
Hi guys,

is it normal that the minimap is invisible with this mod?
Why? Is there a way to enable it?
u mean the TAI map ?
there i littel yellow knob in the Left side of the UI under map tools from where u can show/hide the TAI map...
Old 07-27-14, 05:04 AM   #820
Dragon81
Engineer

Hi Sjizzle,

I know but the TAI map is transparent. Only the border with the blue triangles is visible.
I installed the modpack as descriped in the first posting but without real navigation and without resolution patch.

A second problem is: When I'm at the surface and I click the icon for "crash dive" then the icon is flashing, my view gets teleported to the periscope (why?) but the sub is not diving.

Please can somebody help? any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh5 2014-07-27 12-02-38-25.jpg (29.9 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Dragon81; 07-27-14 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-27-14, 05:19 AM   #821
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Quote:
I know but the TAI map is transparent. Only the border with the blue triangles is visible.
Same here.

Quote:
A second problem is: When I'm at the surface and I click the icon for "crash dive" then the icon is flashing, my view gets teleported to the periscope (why?) but the sub is not diving.
Teleporting on crash dive is a feature of NewUIsTDC. Configure it with the OptionsFileEditorViewer in data/Applications. For order crash dive you have to be inside the sub.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 09:00 AM   #822
Dragon81
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echolot View Post
Teleporting on crash dive is a feature of NewUIsTDC. Configure it with the OptionsFileEditorViewer in data/Applications. For order crash dive you have to be inside the sub.
This was the crucial point! Not only the teleporting also for the TAI map! You can adjust the size of it there. It is set to "0". That's why it is "transparent". Thank you very much!
Old 07-27-14, 10:24 AM   #823
LCQ_SH
Lieutenant

Quote:
i didn't said that yoy game is not legal ...i have said that non legal games have the same problem

first try without any patch and mods then try enable 1 by 1 from patches...
and at last 1 by 1 from mods
I'll give it a try.........another noob question, for restoring backup, is just a copy paste pf the original files? Or do I have to do it with the patcher?
Old 07-27-14, 10:42 AM   #824
yihoshua
Nub

Downloads: 12

I follow the tutorial on how to use the patcher, but it still comes up with the same issue. It refuses to patch half of the files, saying I have an outdated version of the patcher. I don't have the steam version, as I know that doesn't agree with the patcher, so I'm kinda at a loss.
yihoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 03:15 PM   #825
Dragon81
Engineer

Hi yihoshua

I had the same Problem. Then I noticed that I have forgotten to patch the game to version 1.0.2.

Last edited by Dragon81; 07-27-14 at 03:42 PM.