SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-27-14, 02:12 PM   #91
diablo82
Seaman

Downloads: 197
Uploads: 0

Is this MOD will work with my version of the game. I SH5 ver.1.2.0, the original downloaded and registered in uplay.com (not bought on DVD).
diablo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 02:24 PM   #92
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Nice
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 03:01 PM   #93
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo82 View Post
Is this MOD will work with my version of the game. I SH5 ver.1.2.0, the original downloaded and registered in uplay.com (not bought on DVD).
it's work ...
and also work the generic patcher too if is not a steam version ...
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-14, 08:00 AM   #94
Skvid
Seaman

Downloads: 33

Hey.

Huge thanks for a modpack, it saves a lot of hassle. I hope you keep working on it and improving it.

However, even after aplying the patch, compass nav tool continues to be misaligned (others tools are working properly now, however marks are a bit off when i try to place them)

I also have an issue with one of the mods, im not sure which one causes it but my underwater vision looks like ****, its very distorted and pixely and it seems like someone sticked a shiny foil film in front of my periscope. Is there anyway to disable this mod?

Also while i agree that das boot is an awesome film... change of the portraits i can deal with... but overwriting audio files for my crew with the ones that are cut out from that film (with all the ambient sounds and whatnot) just doesn't work, im sorry. It sounds completely out of place.
Skvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-14, 08:32 AM   #95
diablo82
Seaman

Downloads: 197

How to run the tutorial? I click on any tutorial but nothing happens.
diablo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-14, 12:12 PM   #96
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Quote:
If you followed the instruction, the Tutorial is considered Completed!

Step 3:
Start new campaign and exit the game. Open CareerHistory.cfg (my documents/SH5/data/cfg) and make following changes...
Code:
HasCompletedTutorial=true

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-14, 12:59 PM   #97
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
To start any tutorial you must click on Tutorial in the main menu screen.

Then select the tutorial you want to run, from the list.

Next click on Historical Missions. If the tutorial requires a set mission, it will be highlighted for you. Click on it. You will see the u-boat selection switch to this mission
If no missions are highlighted, select any one of them.

Finally click start and the mission will load and the tutorial will start.
Old 01-29-14, 04:32 AM   #98
trebby
Medic

Downloads: 210

Awsome Job vdr1981!

Re-installed SH5 after almost 2 years to try this....

One more try to see what has happened since late 2012 with a simple talk through, just what I needed.

I will have to learn real Navigation, but that might be an enrichment...

The only Thing I would like to Change is the underwater blurry effect.

Do you have a file that corrects that? I even prefer one with a very limited visibility, a la openingsscene dasboot.

If youre too busy maybe you can tell me which file to replace with one from another mod, if that is doable?

Thanks for sharing your great work,

Trebb.
Old 01-29-14, 07:20 AM   #99
BigBANGtheory
Officer

Downloads: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
So what people want is clear underwater visibility , GPS plotting , bright nights so that you can see ships in total darkness miles away etc etc etc LOL .
What people want I think is a gentle learning curve, introducing more realism over time and then ending up with DCS : U-boat

Your mod list Sober is a good example in that caters well for the more experienced player, I consider it aspirational.

The other day I did my first venture into Scapa Flow, on the way out I died for what appeared to be no apparent reason I actually thought the game glitched me out and I collided with the terrain. It wasn't until my 3rd attempt that I used External View camera and saw my first mines in SH5. Had I not seen that and assumed wrongly that it was a glitch I'd have probably given up. Next time I go to Scapa Flow I'll do it without map updates and external cam
BigBANGtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 09:04 AM   #100
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

@BigBANGtheory

If you think you're in mines-infected waters, just raise your observation-scope just enough to get a view forward over the edge of the conning-tower.
Use it to scan for mines in front of your sub (during the day, obviously), as you can tilt it down just enough to see your bow up ahead.

Paajtor is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 10:51 AM   #101
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skvid View Post
Hey.

However, even after aplying the patch, compass nav tool continues to be misaligned (others tools are working properly now, however marks are a bit off when i try to place them)
Hm, looks like problem with plotting tools appeared because of high compression rate of the archive with winrar. Maybe you should try to extract the megamod again and tell me do you have some errors. If patch doesn't help try to download EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM and install it manually after the megamod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skvid View Post
I also have an issue with one of the mods, im not sure which one causes it but my underwater vision looks like ****, its very distorted and pixely and it seems like someone sticked a shiny foil film in front of my periscope. Is there anyway to disable this mod?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebby View Post
Awsome Job vdr1981!

The only Thing I would like to Change is the underwater blurry effect.

Do you have a file that corrects that? I even prefer one with a very limited visibility, a la openingsscene dasboot.

If youre too busy maybe you can tell me which file to replace with one from another mod, if that is doable?

Thanks for sharing your great work,

Trebb.
If you are not satisfied with current underwater visibility you should try to install latest Sober's Realistic underwater visibility FX8 mod, but again, don't expect miracles.
Due to engine limitation it isn't possible , for now, to have realistic underwater view like we had in SH3 and SH4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBANGtheory View Post
What people want I think is a gentle learning curve, introducing more realism over time and then ending up with DCS : U-boat
You can take all the necessary learning curves in the thread with Stoianm video tutorials. Really , he covered up almost every subject. Until then, your gameplay should be gentle. If you want more "customization" , then maybe it is better solution for you to use sober's modlist and choose which mod you want to use.

Unfortunately, SH will never be DCS but it shouldn't be Hawks or WoT either IMO...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 03:04 PM   #102
Cond
Watch

Downloads: 16

I'm having a bit of a problem during the request process of refueling in the east coast of the USA. I had successfully refueled once during a patrol before but on this patrol something is very very wrong.

The situation is: I ask for resupply. The icon pops up on the map. So far so good,but here comes the strange thing. At the point where the refueling icon is a SUBMARINE will appear and he will travel from there. And there isn't any kind of tanker ship nearby. Tried to load an earlier game without luck. Tried multiple resupply calls but every single refuel icon's have the same problem and on every single marker a submarine will appear.

But it's strange because one patrol before I could do it easily.
Cond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 04:06 PM   #103
Bosje
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 89

Fantastic effort. well done man!

now all we need is a comprehensive manual with the end result of the modsoup
as much as I love the idea of 'what does this button do? let's press it and see', i remember a couple of hours spent reading the huge GXW3 manual. It was very very helpful to get the most out of the game
Old 01-30-14, 05:17 AM   #104
Yobakz
Nub

Downloads: 67

Hey there,

Thanks for the compilation, works like a charm. I have been crusing around and trying to learn the real navigation and enjoying the sights. As an engineer in the digital age im happy to work with pencil, protractor, ruler and compass again. In my opinion its the best immersion one can get in the game.

However i have a problem, it has been stated above in different forms. The underwater visibility. I know it should be distorted to add realism, but sometimes (out of combat and not being serious) i just loved to see the vessel glide within the water. It is kinda soothing for me and i was dedicating a monitor at work to it

Is there any way to disable this feature? I promise i wont use it to cheat If i see any mines on the periscope, ill just drive onto them and end that particular patrol there, i promise.
Yobakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-14, 09:11 AM   #105
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobakz View Post
Hey there,

Thanks for the compilation, works like a charm. I have been crusing around and trying to learn the real navigation and enjoying the sights. As an engineer in the digital age im happy to work with pencil, protractor, ruler and compass again. In my opinion its the best immersion one can get in the game.

However i have a problem, it has been stated above in different forms. The underwater visibility. I know it should be distorted to add realism, but sometimes (out of combat and not being serious) i just loved to see the vessel glide within the water. It is kinda soothing for me and i was dedicating a monitor at work to it

Is there any way to disable this feature? I promise i wont use it to cheat If i see any mines on the periscope, ill just drive onto them and end that particular patrol there, i promise.
the underwater visiblity is made by sober remove that u are not cheating at all ... but i am not sure how u can remove from this compilation ...
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote