SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-17, 05:31 AM   #7501
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Thank you very much for your detailed response Blitz. That made things quite clear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post
The user is asked to "activate" the patcher by providing the path to the game root folder as you call it.
And put that data into GenericPatcher.cfg.
Note: Can this not be automated by the way?
Probably it can. I always wished that correctly configured GenericPatcher.cfg file can be created automatically after the app is started. It's just that something like that would require some serious code editing, which is beyond me I'm afraid...

Quote:
The bug is that the patcher uses that path, but the code of "TDW New UIs" ignores that same information and takes that path from an entire different place.
=> That is inconsistant.
Of course...TDW Generic Patcher was always a "standalone" application and it has nothing to do with rest of the mods. It can be used form anywhere (even form desktop ect) as long as correct path(s) are precised in its cfg file...

Quote:
The background is that I am used to making backups and to use multiple installations in particular. Momentarily I have 17 (!) installations with varying mod-combinations on my SH3-partition. Likewise, I installed SH5 and made a number backup-copies to try things out without interference (MultiSH5) - here is the crucial point: For such backup-copy one obviously CHANGES THE DIRECTORY PATH NAME.

The bug is that the patcher uses the path that the user enters in GenericPatcher.cfg, but the code of "TDW New UIs" ignores that same information and takes that path from an entire different place: The registry. And the registry shows the ORIGINAL location of the FIRST INSTALL. So consequently the 8 files were NOT written into my test-install and the missing 8 files cause the problem that my screenshot shows: The black chart boxes.
I understand now... Quite expected behavior with most applications I would say. I'm not sure that heavily modded SH5 can easily be converted to "portable" application...

Quote:
Yes. TDW New UIs should use that same path provided in the GenericPatcher.cfg (which it clearly does NOT!), so the 8 files are not written elsewhere than needed.
That would make thing easier for some, but note again that the Patcher is originally developed as a completely standalone app ...

Quote:
My question to you: Can you fix which path TDW New UIs uses?
OK, this one is easy...No...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-17, 11:11 AM   #7502
Perry Reinhart
Swabbie

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi PR
Check this out as the original version no longer works correctly.
Go over these installation instructions and see what went wrong.
Post #161 TDW’s Generic File Patcher Steam Installation Instructions By sirrawsrsalot > Updated Version
Peter
thanks for reply still getting message i am a little confused with step 12 do i have to have this sh5.exe in the main directory with the patched.exe and steam.exe?
Perry Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 05:57 AM   #7503
YoshiroNatsume
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Icon9 Silent Hunter 5 stopped working

I downloaded this mod and applied it but after I installed the mod, for some reason the game just started crashing and stopped working when the loading screen in campaign was done, it says "Silent Hunter 5 has stopped working" and i return to my desktop,

please someone help?
YoshiroNatsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 06:15 AM   #7504
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > YoshiroNatsume
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.

Post #74 Run Both SH5.exe And Ubisoft Game Launcher Application's As Administrator's
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-17, 01:42 AM   #7505
gezahu
Mate

Downloads: 156

Hello Sailors!
I am sorry if it has already been discussed, but I am not able to find it. I find WOS a great game changer. I have some questions:
2. Is there any possibility to go over 64 time compression when somebody is around?
3. I would definatelly like real navigation but nt the way it is, I think it is unuseable (or I am lame). When I order navigator to fix position via celestial he doesnt do it. I understand that there is a weather problem, but he never says he cant. Is there any workaround to be faster?

Last edited by gezahu; 03-28-17 at 02:30 AM.
gezahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-17, 02:29 AM   #7506
gezahu
Mate

Well I found how to find grid. I also learned that for the navigator it takes 1-2 hours to fix celestial position (however I dont understand why, I am not an expert but given the thread about sextant usage it shouldnt take more than 30 mins).

But still I cant change interface. I want to play with SH3 interface but have no idea how to change it.....
Old 03-28-17, 02:54 AM   #7507
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

gezahu!After a long silent run! & YoshiroNatsume!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-17, 03:01 AM   #7508
gezahu
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
gezahu!After a long silent run! & YoshiroNatsume!
Ye..
I re-discovered SH with WoS. At the time when I played there were no good mega mods, no RAOBF disc (I love it), the game was unstable etc.. WoS mod is great, both visually and gameplay-wise. Now I have lots of time I can go hunting...
Old 03-28-17, 04:56 AM   #7509
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > gezahu
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.

Use the Real Navigation Tab in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer to change how long it takes the Navigator to plot.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 12:44 PM   #7510
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gezahu View Post
Ye..
I re-discovered SH with WoS. At the time when I played there were no good mega mods, no RAOBF disc (I love it), the game was unstable etc.. WoS mod is great, both visually and gameplay-wise. Now I have lots of time I can go hunting...
Welcome on board gezahu. Have fun and happy hunting!
Old 03-30-17, 11:43 AM   #7511
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post

Is TDW not anymore around?

I don't think so...He is probably done with modding.
Old 03-30-17, 01:28 PM   #7512
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
My little mix of environmental mods with few tweaks of mine looks quite good indeed... Almost photo realistic at certain moments...
Amazing work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
He is probably done with modding.
Maybe someone or something pissed him off, he is busy with RL or he got married. I remember him complaining at times that he had to stop works on SH5 due to a date with his girlfriend, only to pop up a few hours later with a modding idea he had while he was off with her. His lady might have taken a revenge

Anyway it is not the first time he disappears for months or years from the subsim scene, and I wouldn't be surprised if at some moment he turned up again
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-17, 03:03 PM   #7513
fire-fox
Chief

Downloads: 70
Default search auto script issues?

Hi guys, been off the site for a few years but gotten back in and all I can say is having a blast with TWoS again - though most are duds and DC's

running TWoS 1.6 + update 11 + realnav + enigma

but seem to be getting some odd issue with the search scripts for in shipping lane and patrol area scripts

they will run through for the first 1 - 2 course changes then send me charging off in a seaming random heading at flank...

sometimes only to spot it at the next Navigation Fix.

Running SH5 @ 100% difficulty + TWoS 2.2.19(RealNav + BDU + port smoke + food) + Carotio_IntercontinentalRadioPack tweaked + The Little Ships of SH5 - Coaster Pack
fire-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-17, 03:09 PM   #7514
zuff
Watch

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire-fox View Post
Hi guys, been off the site for a few years but gotten back in and all I can say is having a blast with TWoS again - though most are duds and DC's

running TWoS 1.6 + update 11 + realnav + enigma

but seem to be getting some odd issue with the search scripts for in shipping lane and patrol area scripts

they will run through for the first 1 - 2 course changes then send me charging off in a seaming random heading at flank...

sometimes only to spot it at the next Navigation Fix.
Noticed this yesterday. The Shipping Lane script runs your sub at flank speed when on the surface at 128 TC! Quick way to lose your fuel and be stranded in the Atlantic.
zuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-17, 01:46 AM   #7515
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328
Default Real navigation questions

Hi mate
I have 2 questions about real navigation sail from Memel for example at 16.10 ...and set real nav automation 16h-20h...It must remain so for all mission days .. right? I do not change when they get 21h ... right? second question when I save and then reloading carrier the game automation of real navy disappears ... I will reset .. is this normal? or is it a problem in my installation?
Thanks