SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-25-23, 07:07 AM   #151
clowncarsplatoon
Swabbie

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by clowncarsplatoon View Post
I get constant CTDs when starting a new career (1st Flotilla, 12/1942) with a Full version. On loading screen red bar reaches full after few minutes load time and crashes to desktop. Lite version works fine. Have not tried any other flotillas or starting dates.
I have found solution to this problem. May be only related to laptops with hybrid graphics.
Game crashes with Full version of Merchant ship pack if I have set sh3.exe program to run in *High performance mode* (GPU:Nvidia xxx ) under Windows 11 Settings/Screen/Graphics . If I choose option *Let Windows Decide* game loads fine with Full version of Merchant ship pack.
clowncarsplatoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-23, 07:11 AM   #152
clowncarsplatoon
Swabbie

Downloads: 65

thanks for amazing christmas gift and all the hard work Kyle, merry Christmas & happy New Year to you too.
clowncarsplatoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-23, 08:12 AM   #153
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by clowncarsplatoon View Post
I have found solution to this problem. May be only related to laptops with hybrid graphics.
Game crashes with Full version of Merchant ship pack if I have set sh3.exe program to run in *High performance mode* (GPU:Nvidia xxx ) under Windows 11 Settings/Screen/Graphics . If I choose option *Let Windows Decide* game loads fine with Full version of Merchant ship pack.
I run in nvidia control panel for high performance and I have no issues on my end, also main download links updated again.

- Added Alex B's new Troop Transport Ajaria and named it Small Troop Transport type 04

- Removed T13A (Large Tanker) as I found issues with that model that was causing issues with the mod loading during Dec 42-Mar 43

- Revised some tonnage values on Medium and Large Tankers (only Fleet Replenishment Oilers, T2 & T3 Tankers will be over 10,000 tons now)

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-25-23 at 08:24 AM.
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-23, 09:10 AM   #154
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
I just want to wish the whole community a merry Christmas and a happy new year, and hope for exciting time in 2024 for the subsim community.

As a nice Christmas gift I have released a new version of the merchant fleet mod, in this new version I added Alex B's beautifully done Troop Transport AJARIA. Main links on the first post of the main page have been updated.
Many thanks and Happy Christmas!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-24, 06:21 PM   #155
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816

Default Merchant Fleet mod (Onealex mod version)

Hey kyle 9154 happy new year
I would like to thank you for this work which continues to improve.. Downloading now..
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 08:03 AM   #156
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Default New version released

I know its been a while everyone, but I have just uploaded new versions of my Merchant Ship Pack for Onealex mod. In this new version I have removed 7 HD ships made by Alex B in the full version that took up a lot of resources (preventing me from adding anymore ships due to game engine limitations) and didn't have equipment or cargoes on them anyways (I would have to mod these into the ships' .dat files and I don't know how to do that). It should now work throughout all times of the war and with submods like Night Surface Attack Project.

In the lite version I kept the Alex B ships and added the 5 new ones he released in the last three months (Design 1020 ship, Design 1022 ship, Design 1023 ship, Small Steamer type 04 and a Coastal Cargo type 02. This way im able to keep all ships without overloading one of the versions.

NEW LINKS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE MAIN POST ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THE THREAD, HAPPY HUNTING!

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 10:26 AM   #157
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Thank you

Thank You Kyle, Just up-dated my OneAlex and taking U-27 for a spin.