SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-12, 08:03 AM   #1
BMN_Avenger
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Operation Monsun question

First of all this is the best mod for SH4 for me, hands down and no questions asked.

Now that's out of the way, do sub upgrades work? I started in the first flotilla with the IIB (for fun) but despite having done pretty damn well in several patrols (especially since I only get 5 torpedoes and no deck gun) I haven't got anything. No equipment upgrades and most of all no sub change. All they gave me was a bigger machinegun which doesn't get used much anyways.

Also is the thing still being developed? It should be. It's the best mod after all and since we're never, EVER getting a new Silent Hunter, SH4 will have to suffice quite possibly for several decades before anyone decides to make a new WW2 sub-sim with germans.
Old 04-19-12, 08:59 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

The only upgrades are those that were available historically. The Type II didn't get too many of those.

As for the game itself, there isn't much development going on. More people are still making mods for SH3 than SH4. Operation Monsun could use some upgrading, but mostly what's missing are the little immersion mods that could be transferred from SH3. For details check out this thread.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181139
Old 04-19-12, 09:18 AM   #3
BMN_Avenger
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yeah I can understand the IIB won't get gigantic conning towers with 2 huge machineguns and a full auto anti-air cannon, but I would have expected to be gived at least the IIC by now.

Could you just confirm if sub changes work? If they don't that'd be quite a shame.

If you can confirm it works then it simply means I had a bit of bad luck so far not getting a new shiny boat.
Remaining in the ace boards with the IIB is TOUGH!
Old 06-20-12, 06:56 AM   #4
MrGoTime
Swabbie

Downloads: 190
Uploads: 0

I also am wondering the same thing. Is it possible to get promoted to a new boat (of a different type) in OM (the way sh4 stock promotes you)? I love my Type II...but I'd like to move into one of the nice big IX boats sometime. Did this ever get figured out?
Old 06-20-12, 07:27 AM   #5
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

That, I don't know. I've never tried to get a new boat. On the other hand I run simultaneous careers out of each flotilla, so I'm always in a different boat.
Old 02-09-15, 02:13 PM   #6
Jax von May
Sailor man

Downloads: 213

Spot on. ExAcTlY.

On 5th patrol, and nothing can be upgraded. Running around at 13kts with 5 torps, until when...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMN_Avenger View Post
First of all this is the best mod for SH4 for me, hands down and no questions asked.

Now that's out of the way, do sub upgrades work? I started in the first flotilla with the IIB (for fun) but despite having done pretty damn well in several patrols (especially since I only get 5 torpedoes and no deck gun) I haven't got anything. No equipment upgrades and most of all no sub change. All they gave me was a bigger machinegun which doesn't get used much anyways.

Also is the thing still being developed? It should be. It's the best mod after all and since we're never, EVER getting a new Silent Hunter, SH4 will have to suffice quite possibly for several decades before anyone decides to make a new WW2 sub-sim with germans.
Jax von May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 02:15 PM   #7
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

I started with a II then switched Flotillas because I wanted to be at Brest and got a Type VII. Somewhere around Sept-Dec of 43 I got an upgrade to the conn. Although that was wonderful there is now no slot for the conn in personnel and the boat can do everything ... except go forwards and backwards LOL

I now have to figure out a way to not get the upgrade since you can not decline it when it is offered.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 01:53 PM   #8
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

I know it doesn't help much. Err, at all.

But I start OM careers in VIIB's. It avoids all of these issues.