SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-10, 01:13 PM   #736
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303_Michcich View Post
Is is possible to use AIl`s Smoke 1.7 with Env 3.1 as Ail seems to be doing rahter better job in terms of smoke ?
Strange...
Tested:
Environment mod 3.0
AilSmoke 1.7
EnhancedFunnelSmoke
...and in each ot these mods BB Littorio class (historic Pedestal) has no smoke...

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-10, 08:53 PM   #737
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 111

Environmental 3.2 MOD for SH5_1.2

1. Adjust the color all of the environment.
2. Adjust moon to the more dark .
3. Adjust smoke more black .
4. Adjust sun to the more bright.
5. Adjust the wake of the color again.
6. Remove wave's BUG(Waves have stopped).

Just install with JSGME. W_clear2010.8.17
W_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-10, 09:13 PM   #738
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Does this update incorporate the fixes made by SV? Just wondering because I just crashed while leaving Brest...
Old 08-16-10, 09:21 PM   #739
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Does this update incorporate the fixes made by SV? Just wondering because I just crashed while leaving Brest...
yes
W_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-10, 09:41 PM   #740
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Cheers,

Man you guys really add style to this game

Thanks for all your hard work W_clear
Old 08-16-10, 11:00 PM   #741
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Sorry for two things:

One for the double post.

Two for the Nitpicking.. there is some weird action going on on my horizon.. it looks almost like I am close to land.. it goes like Water, then odd darker coloured Sky, and then regular Sky.. what is this
Old 08-17-10, 01:24 AM   #742
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163

Nice with an update but this one is worse again when it comes to CTD. It crashes as soon as i get close to the english coast. I used SV's climatezone with ENV 3.1 and it didn't crash half as much as it does now.
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 01:13 PM   #743
Frantic8882
Mate

Downloads: 72

It didn´t crash at all with SV fix and 3.1 so far. Now I´m worried.I´m getting black flickering though after entering my game. It stops after a short while but it always comes on after loading my file (usually when looking at scenes very different in their lighting effects). I get ctd after being in port and loading to get on a new cruise sometimes / and very seldom in action situations trying to reload after a fail attempt to attack a vessel. Sorry for maybe off-topic, I am just not sure where these instabilities come from. Theres no game w/o env.mod though!

Will post system if needed
Frantic8882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 01:44 PM   #744
stoppro
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 493

Installed 3.2 froze one hour out of lorient on 1tc reloaded tried again same thing. removed 3.2 I'm running going on 3hours now some things up with this mod .hope there is someway to fix it . I miss it when it's not there.
stoppro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 09:58 AM   #745
303_Michcich
A-ganger

Downloads: 82

any fix to CTD - it`s unplayable in current state...
303_Michcich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 01:42 PM   #746
ChainReaction
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

First off, great mod, it makes the game look so much better

Second, I'm experiencing a lot of CTD after I installed the mod, although I did just install the fix, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know if it fixed it.

Also, is there is a way to make the nights less dark, because it's very beautiful at night, and it adds atmophere, but it's really too dark to see anything (I can barely make out my own sub). I can crank up the gamma in my settings, but that just makes everything brighter (including the menus etc)

Greetings

EDIT: The fix isn't working (I think I installed the one for version 3.1 ^^)
ChainReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 01:51 PM   #747
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainReaction View Post
First off, great mod, it makes the game look so much better

Second, I'm experiencing a lot of CTD after I installed the mod, although I did just install the fix, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know if it fixed it.

Also, is there is a way to make the nights less dark, because it's very beautiful at night, and it adds atmophere, but it's really too dark to see anything (I can barely make out my own sub). I can crank up the gamma in my settings, but that just makes everything brighter (including the menus etc)

Greetings

EDIT: The fix isn't working (I think I installed the one for version 3.1 ^^)
I need to know what geographical location you are experiencing the CTDs in. I have been compiling a list of areas which need more work to stop the CTDs.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 03:10 AM   #748
ChainReaction
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

I've only been around Britland , so (based on the .jpg from the mod) envcolors tempera?

I sometimes see ice on the boats though, is that normal (cool touch by the way ;D).
Crashes seem to occur when I'm exiting TC, (like when I'm going at 2k compression, and then I close the map) it might crash.
Another time it might crash (rather call it a freeze) is when I try to load a game, then I have to ctrl+alt+del and close the game.
Sometimes I just randomly crashes.

I hope some of this is helpful to you, because the mod is gorgeous, and I'd hate to have to remove it. Is there maybe a previous, stable version I could use?

Greetings
ChainReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 07:20 AM   #749
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainReaction View Post
I've only been around Britland , so (based on the .jpg from the mod) envcolors tempera?

I sometimes see ice on the boats though, is that normal (cool touch by the way ;D).
Crashes seem to occur when I'm exiting TC, (like when I'm going at 2k compression, and then I close the map) it might crash.
Another time it might crash (rather call it a freeze) is when I try to load a game, then I have to ctrl+alt+del and close the game.
Sometimes I just randomly crashes.

I hope some of this is helpful to you, because the mod is gorgeous, and I'd hate to have to remove it. Is there maybe a previous, stable version I could use?

Greetings
Sadly, no there is not a stable version to be had. Your information sinks up with other bits and pieces I have gotten before that the coast of Britain is a problem area. I am thinking of taking out the coastal change zones entirely which should eliminate the last of the CTDs people are getting.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 07:20 AM   #750
Schultzy
Commander

Downloads: 48

Just to add that I have just had a crash too. I was about 1 day (of game time) out of Bremen in the Happy Times campaign. I disengaged TC (backspace) and the 'Silent Hunter has stopped working' box appeared. Don't know if that is of any diagnostic help, but thought I'd mention it.

Oh and this is the first time I've used 3.2 as I was finishing up a previous patrol on 3.1 before upgrading in port.
SH5 is to history what Star Trek is to science...it is exciting and inspiring, but eventually you have to come home from the convention, take off the pointy ears, and come to the realization that it was all just pretend and make-believe.
Schultzy is offline   Reply With Quote