SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-11-10, 03:26 PM   #721
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy1177 View Post
hello, still have ctd when i return from patrol and want to start a new one.
i have the fix installed.
Please specify exactly where and how it is occurring.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 07:58 PM   #722
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0

Just be thankful you're not an axolotl, they live in caves and never see the sun - there are many other animals and insects who live like this, I have not heard of any plants that live in caves because they need to photosynthesise - Recently a species of algae was discovered living around volcanic vents at the bottom of some of the deepest mid ocean trenches on the planet

I would hasten to add though that relativly few Axolotl's play Silent Hunter 5 and there is no known instances of algae playing computer games

Best Regards
Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Why is my sky completely dark and it is 12 o'clock January on the American seaboard just east of Norfolk.. it is nice and sunny out at 20:40 though..
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 05:57 AM   #723
snoopy1177
Swabbie

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Please specify exactly where and how it is occurring.

i mounted the mod, made a new career and everithing worked fine, i return to base after i finished my patrol an then i talk to the officer ta get a mission, after that i click on start a new patrol. at that time it crashes to the desktop.
this happens with or without the fix mounted.
sorry for my bad english

greetings
snoopy1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 09:29 AM   #724
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy1177 View Post
i mounted the mod, made a new career and everithing worked fine, i return to base after i finished my patrol an then i talk to the officer ta get a mission, after that i click on start a new patrol. at that time it crashes to the desktop.
this happens with or without the fix mounted.
sorry for my bad english

greetings
That does not sound like it is coming from this mod. Please uninstall just the CTD fix and Env3.1 and try again. If it works, please tell me what port you were in when the CTDs were occurring and I will take a look at it.

Old 08-12-10, 10:33 AM   #725
snoopy1177
Swabbie

Quote:
That does not sound like it is coming from this mod. Please uninstall just the CTD fix and Env3.1 and try again. If it works, please tell me what port you were in when the CTDs were occurring and I will take a look at it.
i m in wilhelmshafen and without the mod and fix i have no crash

thx
Old 08-14-10, 07:03 AM   #726
Fansadox
Watch

Downloads: 80

I keep getting CTD's with 3.1patch over 3.0 even when i download the 3.1 complete package you posted i CTD.

When i disable your mod the CTD's are gone Man i love the mod but the game is simply not playeble with it....

Since i had to reinstall the game i started a new game so my experience with the CTD's are all around the coast of england. I tried the new climatezone.tga file and not setting TC higher then 1024 but still it CTD's.
Fansadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 10:50 AM   #727
Deimos01
Frogman

Downloads: 18

I also get random CTDs with Env 3.1 installed with and without the fix. I tried to pin it done to specific areas but it just goes whenever.
Old 08-14-10, 11:09 AM   #728
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_clear View Post

Environmental 3.0 MOD replace all the Environmental MOD
Bug is spotted.
In 'Pedestal' historic mission the Italian BB have no smoke:
(image with high-contrast to show a smoke).
Used Env. 3.0

At this mission when I used stock environment (3 tests), my sub was attacked by 50 enemy aircrafts (my submarine was sunk with TDW's IRAI mod). I install Env 3.0 mod, and at this mission I saw only one aircraft attacked Italian taskforce... the weather looks better with Env 3.0 mod...

Last edited by PL_Andrev; 08-14-10 at 11:21 AM.
PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 03:39 PM   #729
303_Michcich
A-ganger

Downloads: 82

Is is possible to use AIl`s Smoke 1.7 with Env 3.1 as Ail seems to be doing rahter better job in terms of smoke ?
303_Michcich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 03:42 PM   #730
eon850aye
Mate

Downloads: 19

Yes you can, I'm having no conflicts between the 2 mods.
eon850aye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-10, 11:41 AM   #731
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Just found out that the CTD issues that I'm having are also related to this mod as I couldn't load one save without a CTD and loading a previous one and getting to the same area (British Coastal Waters Mission) it would CTD. SO I disabled this mod and was able to load the previous save that would CTD and then when going to the area where it would CTD after an earlier save gave no issues. So I feel it was definitely related to this mod. I was just cruising along on the Nav mapp using 1024 TC and CTD every time in the same area- off the eastern shores of Britain. Hope the info helps as it's a nice looking mod. One other thing I noticed, and I'm assuming it's related to this mod (haven't been back to port yet so I can't see if it's gone now that I've disabled the mod) is I will see a bunch of brown smoke/fog all over the right side of the port area when I have a ship or two in front of me with smoke. I'll also occasionally see some brown smoke dots randomly appear as I pan around. It may also be due to graphics settings but I thought I'd mentioned it in case it isn't.
Old 08-15-10, 11:53 AM   #732
SteelViking
The Old Man

Yes, it is common to experience CTD when in coastal zones. I have fixed all the CTD problems in open oceans, but I still have yet to fix the coastal areas. I may simply get rid of coastal changes, and go with a simpler setup which would be more reliable. Just be patient folks, a fix is coming....

Old 08-15-10, 12:02 PM   #733
snoopy1177
Swabbie

Quote:
Yes, it is common to experience CTD when in coastal zones. I have fixed all the CTD problems in open oceans, but I still have yet to fix the coastal areas. I may simply get rid of coastal changes, and go with a simpler setup which would be more reliable. Just be patient folks, a fix is coming....
very nice thank you
Old 08-15-10, 12:15 PM   #734
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Ah, okay, you're already aware of this stuff then. Cool. Sorry to add to anything here, I just received the game as a gift a couple of days ago so I'm new to many of these mods and haven't read all of the pages for each of them. I'm patient , take your time and keep up the great work!
Old 08-15-10, 12:27 PM   #735
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Avatar View Post
Ah, okay, you're already aware of this stuff then. Cool. Sorry to add to anything here, I just received the game as a gift a couple of days ago so I'm new to many of these mods and haven't read all of the pages for each of them. I'm patient , take your time and keep up the great work!
No problem. In the mean time, I have already put out a partial CTD fix for this mod, I think it is one or two pages back. It should take care of about 50% of the the CTD occurrences.