SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-20-21, 06:12 PM   #16
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

radar CWA Progress ---->

Ive added My port & Starboard tubes mod to my new CWA From my old CWA mod with Own Vessel Map icon to keep track of which side is facing what for added information on tube selection

also New DEX mod is enabled giving Weapon information easier (Description Expansion Mod) like i use to do for My older works (THIS WILL BE OPTIONAL Extra MOD Selection)

also new counter measure's are being tested too these still WIP tho so Ecl & IcL (External Countermeasures Launcher's) & (Internal Countermeasures Launchers)

these add added realism and survivability to Nato Boats and Greatly Expand on the Basic Moss only stuff All nations Extra countermeasures are being added over time

Lastly New Damage Control Panels are Being created for all player Controllable Vessels these WIP as i go

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 02-19-22 at 08:39 AM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 06:56 PM   #17
steel shark
XO

radar Re~Introduction of Att,s & Cat,s In CWA

The very lightweight torpedo

so a USN ATT or CAT Possible Addition (Anti-Torpedo-Torpedo) for added game weapons & Defense

The compact rapid attack weapon (CRAW) is the offensive version of the torpedo and the countermeasure anti-torpedo (CAT) is the defensive version.

“The only difference fundamentally between the defensive capability of the very lightweight torpedo, which is CAT and the offensive capability, which is CRAW, is the software that gets loaded onto the weapon at time of launch,”

a previous iteration of the Penn State-so designed torpedo was fielded as a defensive weapon intended to take out incoming torpedoes fired at aircraft carriers. That program has since been canceled, although the system remains on a small number of carriers, said David Portner, program manager for the very lightweight torpedo at Northrop Grumman.

The submarine community expressed an interest in the technology because of its size and weight, he said. Northrop Grumman has invested internal research-and-development funding to improve the design.

“The nice thing about it is it’s about one-third the size of the existing Mark 54 [lightweight] torpedo,” he said. That weighs about 600 pounds.

“The submarine force recognized that having this very capable torpedo on a submarine would allow them to increase the weapons load without impacting the size of the torpedo room, because this weapon will fit into the six-inch launcher devices"

So rather then decoying incoming torpedo's Hard Kill em

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 01-06-22 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-26-21, 01:11 PM   #18
steel shark
XO

gear Progress --->

K All 4 Ohio SSGN Conversions are made .... added relevant new weapons too + CAT need testing though

So Work In Progress

With the SSGN,S Firepower & new added Defense's these are very Lethal Vessels

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 11-02-21 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-02-21, 02:50 PM   #19
steel shark
XO

gear Finished New Ohio SSGN Configuration

Ok i decided to Re-Make the Ohio SSGN,s Weapons selection for more Faster Fire Power & also Split the Land & Anti-Ship Load outs as anti ship really needs to be faster ....WELL it is now .....98 on tap no delay Trying out 8 weapons loads for added Weapons and equipment selection adding New Stuff as I go so WIP .... Just for a change

Slightly Aggressive test but went well

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 05-25-22 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-02-21, 03:02 PM   #20
steel shark
XO

radar Near Final Ohio 84 Version

The 1984 SSBN Ohio is Just about Finished just a few refinements still left to do then she's ready for sea

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 05-22-22 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-29-21, 02:18 PM   #21
steel shark
XO

gear New SSBN Flooding & Damage ~ Redo

New Ohio D.C & ... ive set up New flooding compartments Positions to ignore the missile center as in CW this isn't a section anyways

ive moved the labels locations for the spanner too bar the mid or middle one which needs to be mid for reactor call out

This system ill carry one with for all SSBN & SSGN Vessels Remakes were its needed ,, this new Damage Control set up makes the Boomers lay out more Realistic for Cold Waters when you take damage & Flooding

"The Very Deep depth was me i changed the crush depth to give me time to test out flooding the various sections while i moved the positions of the flooding"

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 02-18-22 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-28-21, 07:46 AM   #22
steel shark
XO

date CWA Lite Packs add-ons for DM 0.3

I,ll be releasing 3 Small Mods soon when I get some time in the next few days

CWA Lite Pack 1 ( C-Sharp ) Ver 1.a
CWA Lite Pack 2 ( Subs ) Ver 1.a
CWA Lite Pack 3 ( Surface ) Ver 1.a

These 3 Mods will add some new options and game play elements for more ways to play DotMod and add more Challenge to missions & Campaigns

Pack 1 will be For Normal Dot mod or DM + 2004 add-On

OR

For use with DM & pack 2 or 3

OR

DM + 2004 + Pack 1 & pack 2 or 3

Or not use Pack 1 so :

DM or DM + 2004 & Or pack 2 or 3

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 12-28-21 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-04-22, 02:13 PM   #23
steel shark
XO

bullhorn Actual Surface Ships Damage Control & Flooding Re-Do

Ok as Dot Mod Added a New Surface ship I though id try something new

A dedicated Surface Ship Damage Control

I've Changed Flooding arrangement Too

so now the Control room cant flood nor the torpedo tubes which are Generally High up or on the On Deck on Most ships

the ones with Hull Torpedo tubes ill place in the hull Of Course ,, when i get to redoing Others ,, So No More Submarine Damage Control Layouts for Surface ships

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 05-27-22 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-23-22, 11:53 AM   #24
steel shark
XO

SHO Torpedo Tube Doors & Tubes Rework

This is my New Reworked CWA Torpedo Tubes Idea

So I've added Torpedo Tube Doors & Reworked the tube Display Boxes & Sprites

This will Help keep track of what tubes doing what Easier and give a new look to Coldwater's Torpedo Tubes

The Tube Door Appears Straight off this will indicate loading time better as you have a tube door which will line up with the tube Now

I've also reworked the Wired Guided Graphic Too I went with a Flooded torpedo tube with a wire in it and external door open to sea

New Tube Disabled Graphic too so Tube Door sealed & Yellow Backlight and warning symbols

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 05-25-22 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-17-22, 09:35 AM   #25
kongovsfuso142
Torpedoman

Downloads: 863
Uploads: 0
Default Is this mod still active.

Is anyone still working on this mod.

Kongo.
Old 06-21-22, 02:58 AM   #26
steel shark
XO

Icon1 its underway still

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongovsfuso142 View Post
Is anyone still working on this mod.

Kongo.
First off sorry for late response not been at home

have a lot on atm but yes im still on with it and am working on dotmod also as well as my own CWA add-on

also check this :

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=252021

Steel Shark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DM sns comp hide.jpg (84.6 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by steel shark; 06-21-22 at 03:08 AM.
Old 06-30-22, 02:37 PM   #27
steel shark
XO

radar Depth Redone

Decided to add realistic depth i did do this before for a older cw mod version but have now decided to re add it to CWA

This scales to actual real life depths as close as I’m happy to do in FEET & METERS so you will always be able to find the sea floor were ever you are
you can also set the dive depth to the max visible depth too also submarine crush depth permitting of course.

The Different Zones within the Pelagic Zone
The open ocean lies over the continental shelf. The seafloor is not included in the open ocean.

Epipelagic zone (ocean surface to 200 meters deep). This is the zone in which photosynthesis can occur, because light is available.
Mesopelagic zone (200-1,000m) - This is also known as the twilight zone, because light becomes limited. There is less oxygen available to organisms in this zone.

Bathypelagic zone (1,000-4,000m) - This is a dark zone where water pressure is high and the water is cold (around 35-39 degrees).
Abyssopelagic zone (4,000-6,000m) - This is the zone past the continental slope - the deep water just over the ocean bottom. This is also known as the abyssal zone.

Hadopelagic zone (deep ocean trenches, greater than 6,000m) - In some places, there are trenches that are deeper than the surrounding ocean floor. These areas are the hadopelagic zone. At a depth of over 36,000 feet, the Mariana Trench is the deepest known point in the ocean.

Also noticed that the Ocean Surface & Floor share the same Graphic in Cold Waters a line well as you can now all ways find the floor I've changed that so all 3 are different

Hears a nice link too for reading also on Deep Diving

https://www.forgottenhistory.me/amaz...ge-to-the-deep

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 12-13-22 at 04:26 PM.