SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-26-21, 03:51 PM   #4081
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Merry Christmas Fitzcarraldo,

The problems you are experiancing has nothing to do with either FotRSU or Vickers03 most excellent mod "Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN"

My mod load is as follows:
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7
Nippon Maru v1.6
Nihon Kaigun v1.1
Combined Roster
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7

Like PP, i have ran serveral campaign starts with S-Boats, with and without Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN and cannot find any issues..

The probelm has to be with your install. Did you check the follwing after you downloaded? Did you empty the docs > Sh4 name folder before the new start ?
SHA1 hash of 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7.7z:
02afaae658e91ebd13d5bab6464427637ce7d885
I discover the problem in my installation, WITH and WITHOUT FBIQ:

The addin 802 TMO Torp tex fotrsu...

This mod changes the Torpedoes_US.dat file in some way the S class boat causes CTD. Not with the others subs, so I think is the Mk. 10 fish in the pigboats the badass.

If you add this mod to FOTRSU 1.7 you will have a CTD with the S class. It was compatible until v1.6P but it seems with the new v1.7 causes problems. Do you test the addin on V1.7? I use the latest addins for 1.7, and the TMO torp tex is causing my CTDs. I tried with and without the 802 addin, and ever had a CTD with it, and all works fine without it.

Of course is not a problem of FBIQ. With and without this mod, CTDs with pigboats appears when you have the 802 addin.

BTW, with the fabulous interiors, I have a constant 30 FPS fixed via Nvidia Inspector, 1/2 frequency (30/60 Hz). Also, I can run from bow to stern the old piggy and all runs flawesly.

If you could test the 802 addin, verify please if you have a CTD charging a S class with it. If we can confirm this, that addin shouldn´t be used until it is repaired.

All this need verification in other installations. My FOTRSU 1.7 now is working very well, with FBIQ but without the 802 addin.

Many thanks for all the support

I continue to investigate the issue with the periscope wake mod. Comparing with S3D the dat files...No solution at this moment.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 04:12 PM   #4082
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
I discover the problem in my installation, WITH and WITHOUT FBIQ:

The addin 802 TMO Torp tex fotrsu...

This mod changes the Torpedoes_US.dat file in some way the S class boat causes CTD. Not with the others subs, so I think is the Mk. 10 fish in the pigboats the badass.

If you add this mod to FOTRSU 1.7 you will have a CTD with the S class. It was compatible until v1.6P but it seems with the new v1.7 causes problems. Do you test the addin on V1.7? I use the latest addins for 1.7, and the TMO torp tex is causing my CTDs. I tried with and without the 802 addin, and ever had a CTD with it, and all works fine without it.

Of course is not a problem of FBIQ. With and without this mod, CTDs with pigboats appears when you have the 802 addin.

BTW, with the fabulous interiors, I have a constant 30 FPS fixed via Nvidia Inspector, 1/2 frequency (30/60 Hz). Also, I can run from bow to stern the old piggy and all runs flawesly.

If you could test the 802 addin, verify please if you have a CTD charging a S class with it. If we can confirm this, that addin shouldn´t be used until it is repaired.

All this need verification in other installations. My FOTRSU 1.7 now is working very well, with FBIQ but without the 802 addin.

Many thanks for all the support

I continue to investigate the issue with the periscope wake mod. Comparing with S3D the dat files...No solution at this moment.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
My Apologies Fitzcarraldo,

Good investigation work, this is the culprit of the CTD, as I have just had the same thing happen with that mod installed, normally I do not use any of these, so would not have spotted this.
I will look into this straight away.

+++Update+++
Problem CTD traced and corrected...

Root cause;
The author of "802 TMO Torp tex fotrsu" added different texture calls to > data > Library > Torpedo_US.dat, and in this process they gave node 26 a new ID, which was not needed.
And also gave the node a new name, again not needed, and did not link the change of ID to the sim file etc, so anyone using this mod, may have had problems during the game.

vickers03 and his great - Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN, is based on the default files within FotRSU, so would not be aware of this "other mod" and the different ID found within it during his testing.
To fix the problem, I gave Node 26 back it's original FotRSU ID, it now re-links to the sim file and is now CTD free when running alongside "Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN"

Really sorry for the issues this caused guys, expect a patch out very soon to fix this and the date issues raised by Torpedobait.
In the meantime, the Add-on pak, will be checked for anymore surprises.

Last edited by s7rikeback; 12-26-21 at 07:08 PM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 07:23 PM   #4083
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 817

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
My Apologies Fitzcarraldo,

Good investigation work, this is the culprit of the CTD, as I have just had the same thing happen with that mod installed, normally I do not use any of these, so would not have spotted this.
I will look into this straight away.

+++Update+++
Problem CTD traced and corrected...

Root cause;
The author of "802 TMO Torp tex fotrsu" added different texture calls to > data > Library > Torpedo_US.dat, and in this process they gave node 26 a new ID, which was not needed.
And also gave the node a new name, again not needed, and did not link the change of ID to the sim file etc, so anyone using this mod, may have had problems during the game.

vickers03 and his great - Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN, is based on the default files within FotRSU, so would not be aware of this "other mod" and the different ID found within it during his testing.
To fix the problem, I gave Node 26 back it's original FotRSU ID, it now re-links to the sim file and is now CTD free when running alongside "Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN"

Really sorry for the issues this caused guys, expect a patch out very soon to fix this and the date issues raised by Torpedobait.
In the meantime, the Add-on pak, will be checked for anymore surprises.
Hey friends .. I confirm all of this the same issues as Fitz ..
I had problems with the winter clothing .. my guys missing from the bridge ??? when I surface .. while I tested in January 1941 .. but it takes another try ..
It is not yet as I want .. I have not finished the assembly but it is taking shape soon ...

Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 07:46 PM   #4084
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15 Re: Speaking of...

Winter clothing...??? or lack there of, with regards to running a career in Sugar boats, out of D.H. Alaska...

Have 2 copies of v1.7 set up...

1 for all boats, including the S class.... out of warm climes &...

The 2nd set up, for running nothin' but... S class career's from the harsh winter climes of, Alaska.

Seriously... crew being kitted out in tropical digs... in a harsh, winter climes... whilst, sailing out int the frigid waters, of the unforgiving Alaska waters...

This is not right...

is a wonder that My crew, ain't got icicles, hanging off various body parts...

Any word/thoughts on a cold weather gear mod that's FotRS-U v1.7 ... approved, here...?????

M. M.
Old 12-26-21, 07:56 PM   #4085
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Winter clothing...??? or lack there of, with regards to running a career in Sugar boats, out of D.H. Alaska...

The 2nd set up, for running nothin' but... S class career's from the harsh winter climes of, Alaska.

Seriously... crew being kitted out in tropical digs... in a harsh, winter climes... whilst, sailing out int the frigid waters, of the unforgiving Alaska waters...

This is not right...

Any word/thoughts on a cold weather gear mod that's FotRS-U v1.7 ... approved, here...?????

M. M.
MM,

You crew and your officers need to man up quick, war is a dynamic theatre, things change fast, the US postal service cannot keep up.
I would suggest as an officer, you improvise until a time, the uniforms arrive.

You are dismissed
Old 12-26-21, 08:02 PM   #4086
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hey friends .. I confirm all of this the same issues as Fitz ..
I had problems with the winter clothing .. my guys missing from the bridge ??? when I surface .. while I tested in January 1941 .. but it takes another try ..
It is not yet as I want .. I have not finished the assembly but it is taking shape soon ...

Sorry about the desertions Kal_Maximus_U669,
Rest assured the uniforms will arrive soon...

Old 12-26-21, 08:06 PM   #4087
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Where is the changelog for the 1.7 version?
A combination of the ReadMe stuff on the first post here, the download page, a "LastMinute_ReadMe17" and "FotRSU_RunningLog" pdf files in the Support folder. I did manage to lose most of the "... RunningLog" file, so it is rather short, but we'll try to gather it all back for the next release .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
EAX needs to be activated last or it stops working.
Small issue found there also, and s7rikeback is wrassling with it in the mud right now. He likes wrasslin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post

This is not right...

M. M.
Refer to "805_CWC_All" in the AddInModzPak folder. However, be aware that the mod is NOT fully tested, and will over-write vickers Interior crew assignments. Also, vickers Interior mod will overwrite the CWC (Cold Weather Clothing) mod, so one or the other, not both. We'll try to do an "Interiors" version, since I am going to say, that it is the "MOD of the Year" winner... lol - as is vickers03 the "Modder of the Year"!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 08:21 PM   #4088
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
A combination of the ReadMe stuff on the first post here, the download page, a "LastMinute_ReadMe17" and "FotRSU_RunningLog" pdf files in the Support folder. I did manage to lose most of the "... RunningLog" file, so it is rather short, but we'll try to gather it all back for the next release .

Small issue found there also, and s7rikeback is wrassling with it in the mud right now. He likes wrasslin'...

Refer to "805_CWC_All" in the AddInModzPak folder. However, be aware that the mod is NOT fully tested, and will over-write vickers Interior crew assignments. Also, vickers Interior mod will overwrite the CWC (Cold Weather Clothing) mod, so one or the other, not both. We'll try to do an "Interiors" version, since I am going to say, that it is the "MOD of the Year" winner... lol - as is vickers03 the "Modder of the Year"!
Agreed... vickers03, certainly has My vote on that.

Interior for the S class... is... marrrvelllousssss... simply marveeloussss...

Will have My men, stand firm on the uni req's to catch up with the boat... until then... in the meantime... will enjoy the view inside the boat...

M. M.
Old 12-26-21, 09:10 PM   #4089
propbeanie

Go stand by the engine room man (rank and identity unknown at this time), and watch the gauges panel above him as you change speeds... or look at the clock over the hatch between the galley and forward battery. Absolutely amazing... but I will not be using the head... too many rats. We need some cockroaches running around the place though. Seems kind of lonely without them... lol

In the meantime, we are cooking-up a small add-in patch, and once that is done, we'll see if anything else rears its ugly head. Then do another release that includes the patching. More later, like give us roughly 24 hours... (famous last words.)

Old 12-26-21, 09:57 PM   #4090
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Go stand by the engine room man (rank and identity unknown at this time), and watch the gauges panel above him as you change speeds... or look at the clock over the hatch between the galley and forward battery. Absolutely amazing... but I will not be using the head... too many rats. We need some cockroaches running around the place though. Seems kind of lonely without them... lol

In the meantime, we are cooking-up a small add-in patch, and once that is done, we'll see if anything else rears its ugly head. Then do another release that includes the patching. More later, like give us roughly 24 hours... (famous last words.)
Many thanks... will wait with bated breath for that... no rush.

M. M.
Old 12-28-21, 11:27 AM   #4091
propbeanie

I apparently used an incorrect version of the Cold Weather Clothing mod (an interim version), since what I have left on my computer after "house-cleaning" does not have an Argonaut or Nautilus in it... This makes me recommend to all to not do your hard drive house-cleaning until AFTER you are certain of ALL of your files... sigh - Anyway, this is necessitating a complete re-do of the CWC for all, as well as making a version for the Interiors mod... Hopefully by tomorrow.

Old 12-28-21, 12:10 PM   #4092
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 705
Uploads: 37

Quote:
I apparently used an incorrect version of the Cold Weather Clothing mod (an interim version), since what I have left on my computer after "house-cleaning" does not have an Argonaut or Nautilus in it... This makes me recommend to all to not do your hard drive house-cleaning until AFTER you are certain of ALL of your files... sigh - Anyway, this is necessitating a complete re-do of the CWC for all, as well as making a version for the Interiors mod... Hopefully by tomorrow.
i never throw away my working files, just keep buying new hard drives..
vickers03 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 12:13 PM   #4093
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 817

Hello friends..I could not connect rather sorry ...
No offense to Mr. Mad Mardigan, I give him a small one.

Nothing serious Mad Mardigan you are forgive
Okay, I'm on patrol. but I am still not satisfied with my editing ...
[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7=1
Nippon Maru v1.6=2
Nihon Kaigun v1.1=3
Com Roster Nipon Maru & Nihon Kaigun=4
301_MoreDifficultAI00=5
302_MoreDifficultAI001=6
303_MoreDifficultAI_Air=7
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar=8
450_MoonlightzSonarLines=9
453_TMOstyle_NavMapAirMarks=10
525_StickieCamera=11
650_MoreDudz=12
801_UMark Invisible=13
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=14
804_RUIM_EnlistedAddIn=15
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=16
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN=17
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7=18
I had some small problems ... but I think it is due to the interior mod with AddInModzPak it must be said that it is new ... so let's be patient ... sir Vickers wanted to spoil us for Christmas .. we really can't blame him on the contrary ... what matters is to relate the facts and progress ... same fight for the FOTRS team ..
ah yes..the association vickers03 & Jeff-Groves..c is the bomb a killer at the job level ..

well I will go back on patrol continue and see ........
were you able to repair the torpedoes? "802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU"
will these mod be available?
1-Periscope Wake Splash for FOTRSU 1.46
2-Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOTR SU

Thank you all here Kind regards KM_U669

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 12-28-21 at 12:22 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 12:49 PM   #4094
Rock Storm
Watch

Downloads: 26

Hi all,

game ran perfect. No CTD's, no bugs, everything perfect, even after the first new command (upgrading from GAR to GATO).
Normally i got the first CTD in the first patrol after a new command, and then onwards. Never had Crashes before that point, that was also the case with TMO. But now everything is fine.

Problem again:
-Fuel

After my last patrol i transfered to Brisbane and after leaving the harbor, i realised that my "fuel gauge" (?), the line that starts with 100 and decreases from there doesn't went down.
I then loaded a save in port right before the transfer, so still in Pearl Harbor, but the same problem.
I mean everything works fine, but...

Rock Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 01:18 PM   #4095
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
i never throw away my working files, just keep buying new hard drives..
The CFO does have her say in that matter though, so appropriating funds can be difficult... - I do still have the files, all zipped up in an archive, but there are several versions of the CWC, and I don't feel like extracting it all again and looking... half of it was wrong anyway, which leads us to Kal_Maximus_U669 below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post

[MODS]
804_RUIM_EnlistedAddIn=15
I had some small problems ...
were you able to repair the torpedoes? "802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU"
will these mod be available?...
Well, I don't know what happened with my edits to my post above, but there are links on the First Page, as well as on the Download Page for a "TemporaryPatch_v17" (that is also a link to it)...

As for the Chief's hat with the helmet, I would almost guarantee you that it is the RUIM addition. The Interiors mod functions as intended, but adding anything either before or after that which alters the upc files will cause issue... The RUIM is probably still done the "old" way for the crew clothing, so drop it out, and see if most of your people don't show-up in proper uniforms and other attire then... There are a LOT of nooks and crannies to do that... Sorry for your trouble. We'll put out a real patch, but the RUIM will require at least another day... yeeesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Storm View Post
Problem again:
-Fuel

After my last patrol i transfered to Brisbane and after leaving the harbor, i realised that my "fuel gauge" (?), the line that starts with 100 and decreases from there doesn't went down.
Same as before. We have not attempted to get "accurate" fuel usage, and it is a pipe dream to expect it anyway. However, we will attempt to get closer with it. That is not a "problem". Also, be certain that you have the Options Gameplay settings from both the Main Menu, as well as in the Captain's Office for the Career set to how you want them. That is two different sets of Options. Click on the radio console in the Captain's Office to get to the set for the Career. Just in case you were not aware of that. However, you still won't use an "accurate" amount of fuel. The batteries charge about right, but the fuel doesn't go down as fast as it should yet...