Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-13-16, 07:11 PM   #1
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Default Reinstalling SH5.Help pleae

Hello, love this game, and cant get enough. I recently tried to play it again, and my uplay/ubisoft account is corrupted, so HAD to wipe the files for uplay and SH% (I had it modded just like I like it)...but..I deleted the game and think its now time to do a complete reinstall...QUESTION:

I want to do one of the megamods..BUT must I use completely realistic targeting computers with them? Also, can anyone recommend what complete MOD they feel is the nicest? I really want to install one..I just dont have the eyes to read through 100 pages plus of threads to find ALL the ins and outs of the mods..so..I really need help (cornea transplants)...Im basically looking for an ALL in one mod that will let me choose IF I want to use the totally realistic TDC computer or not...but still give me all the good eye candy and realism..thanks a lot!

Additonally, on another serious note..I've tried to make a NEW ubisoft account..it says my ip address has been banned..I tried over and over to change password to log into it..before I deleted the ubisoft/uplay account..now..when I go to create a new account, I get this..is it just too many attempts? Dont know what to do..I try to contact ubisoft tech support..but..they say "log into your account for help"..and I cant log
into an account which wont let me use it..this is really a nightmare..help please.
ingsoc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-16, 08:20 PM   #2
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

So..was able to fix the uplay account issue..now just need to know others thoughts on best all in one mod..I would like to play with not always the most realistic settings..is that allowed with the all in one mods? thanks
Old 05-14-16, 08:31 AM   #3
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703 without the Real Navigation part should be pretty awesome for you.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-16, 02:09 AM   #4
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Default Another Glitch...help with BASIC install

Hello, did what I thought was a clean install of the game..through Uplay..
Previously, I had many mods in the game with jgsme (this is pre mega mod days).When I unisntalled the game, and uplay downloaded it again..its seems all my mods were still there..and the jgsme exe file..however.the game looked totally generic..unmodded...

Question..how do I get a REAL clean install..without anything left over from the first one? Do I need to check elsewhere to delete some files?

Should I instead install the game from the original SH5 disc, and let uplay update it? Kind of confused..as I said..the clean install did not make a clean install...and something seems really mucked up..thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-16, 03:13 PM   #5
steinbeck
Frogman

Downloads: 808
Default uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsoc84 View Post
Hello, did what I thought was a clean install of the game..through Uplay..
Previously, I had many mods in the game with jgsme (this is pre mega mod days).When I unisntalled the game, and uplay downloaded it again..its seems all my mods were still there..and the jgsme exe file..however.the game looked totally generic..unmodded...

Question..how do I get a REAL clean install..without anything left over from the first one? Do I need to check elsewhere to delete some files?

Should I instead install the game from the original SH5 disc, and let uplay update it? Kind of confused..as I said..the clean install did not make a clean install...and something seems really mucked up..thanks in advance.
I woud uninstall all the Ubi stuff, uninstall the game, via the disc, then look at where you had it installed. See if its gone, Look in your Documents folder for any SH5 folders delete those.
Use CCleaner (Free Download very safe)to to do a cleaning of your system

After that try 'Search' for any SH5 stuff, if any get rid. Not your mods.

Then, do a new install, patch it.use cleaner again. Download Uplay from their site Should be good to go. Install JGSME
steinbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-16, 07:15 PM   #6
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi ingsoc
Quote:
I want to do one of the megamods..BUT must I use completely realistic targeting computers with them?
No, you can set your new career realism setting to how you wish to play the game, Manual or Auto TDC.
You can then customize these settings further from the Main Menu > Options > Game Play Settings.
Post #12 How To Change Your Game Play Settings In The Bunker
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question) (Do not post your problems here if you have added additional mods to TWOS make a new thread)

The problem with your Uplay account is that your original game in whatever format it was in is locked to the;
Login
Email address
Password that was used for it.

It sounds like you had two versions a download, and a dvd installation at some point.
This would cause a problem as each would have its own identity and only one or the could be installed at anyone time.

When you uninstall SH5 it only uninstalls the game plus the option to delete the SH5 games folder.
Post #52 Career History CFG File Why You Need To Make A Copy Of It > Includes Download Copy
Any other applications like JSGME and mods are not removed.
To remove everything you need to delete the Ubisoft folder.
The Game Launcher that you see in the Control Panel does not need to be uninstalled.
The re-install will automatically detect it.

Re-install from the dvd.
Use the Custom install option to select German crew language.
Do not install in the default Program file (x86) folder.
Post #5 Update SH5 From v1.0.5.0 To v1.2.0 Immediately After Installing

Your dvd has a key number which is locked to your original email address and password and is then put into your Uplay account.
This recognizes that you have already got SH5.

You do not uninstall from the dvd but from the Control Panel's Progam & Features.
You then delete the Ubisoft folder example C:\Ubisoft.
Post #70 How To Use The Free Registry Cleaner Ccleaner
Run the Registry Cleaner and then reboot your system.
Re-install.
Run the SH5 updater.
Set your SH5.exe to run as an Administrator and then pin it to the Task Bar.
Post #74 Run The SH5.exe Application As Administrator
Start SH5.
Login to Uplay.
Post #69 How To Play Silent Hunter 5 Offline!
Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 06-27-16 at 07:40 PM.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote