Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-04-10, 12:56 PM   #1
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevz View Post
Pressing Enter (on the keyboard not numpad) brings up the Sub Systems window so you can quickly check Fuel, Battery, CO2 and Compressed Air.

I've been seeing a lot of complaints about multiple clicks to see this info when it's really just one button away. Of course the manu... I mean, pamphlet doesn't relay this very well.
I'm sorry that doesent qualify as 'quickly checking' in my book. Quickly checking would be glancing at a tool bar at the bottom of the screen at an indicator not having to step through a series of menus.
Old 03-04-10, 01:09 PM   #2
Sub Commander
Mate

Downloads: 53
Default Im a nub

Well im a nub when it comes down to manual torpedo fire, but even if i have everything off, and realism = 0% i still have to manually input data or the watch officer says: Unknown contact, fire on my bearing. (I cant find German voices on my disk anywhere please help me!)
Sub Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 03:35 AM   #3
loerelau
Gunner

Downloads: 13

I have a question. How many torpedo's do you need (on average) to sink a queen Elisabeth battleship? I hit one yesterday with 3 torpedo's but it was still not sinking... (is this realistic??)
loerelau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 04:08 AM   #4
stellaferox
Soundman

Downloads: 51

You need exactly four torps, no matter head on hull or below keel. Also the torps impact with a much duller sound then on merchants. Don't know whether this is intended due to the armour or a bug.

The Wintergarten double flak comes available after a period. I got it end june 1940.

Marc
stellaferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 05:32 AM   #5
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

For taking down the Queen, it depends on if you're using torpedo mods at all.

With improved Torpedos, you can get away with two (one if your lucky) usually under the keel shots directly below a stern and bow turret.

Stock you can get away with three but it may take a bit to sink
Old 03-25-10, 10:54 AM   #6
moty
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8

How to determite draft of the ship if TDC is off?

Is it normal that heavy flaming/half underwater ship don't sink?

Last edited by moty; 03-25-10 at 11:44 AM.
moty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 01:19 PM   #7
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by loerelau View Post
I have a question. How many torpedo's do you need (on average) to sink a queen Elisabeth battleship? I hit one yesterday with 3 torpedo's but it was still not sinking... (is this realistic??)
I shot four with two hitting sinking her in under five minutes.

Rip
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 12:19 AM   #8
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83
Default Blockade mission

I have completed the east coast missions and the South West approaches missions twice but I am having trouble with the blockade mission. I can't find an aircraft carrier at sea. I sank the Ark Royal at acnhor at Plymouth and 6- 10 ships between Iceland and northern Ireland but the mission never shows as complete.

My question is do you have to sink a special type of merchant only? Where is everyone else finding aircraft carriers?

THanks for any suggestions you have
loreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 12:45 AM   #9
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreed View Post
I have completed the east coast missions and the South West approaches missions twice but I am having trouble with the blockade mission. I can't find an aircraft carrier at sea. I sank the Ark Royal at acnhor at Plymouth and 6- 10 ships between Iceland and northern Ireland but the mission never shows as complete.

My question is do you have to sink a special type of merchant only? Where is everyone else finding aircraft carriers?

THanks for any suggestions you have
Check this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165848 I have a picture there where you'll find the 5 ships you need to sink for that mission.

For the aircraft carrier, I sunk three of them. One up north of Scotland, one south of Scotland and one in the channel. Only the channel one qualified. It was a Furious type, or something.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 09:58 PM   #10
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83
Default How do you do that?

Kylania,

You have found out a lot about this game, I would have never guessed from the mission brief that I had to sink a carrier in the English channel. I would be totally lost in this game without this forum to help me out.

I missed the Carrier hint because I was zoomed to the northern 5 ship hunting ground, pays to expand the map occasionally!

Thanks for your effort and assistance.

Last edited by loreed; 03-27-10 at 11:13 AM.
loreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 05:34 AM   #11
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 216

In The blockade of Germany part of the Total Germany campaign. The objective state sink 5 AMC along the northern patrol line.
I cant for the life of me work out what AMC stands for. Can anyone enlighten me?
Old 05-14-10, 06:51 AM   #12
SabreHawk
Captain

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chris View Post
In The blockade of Germany part of the Total Germany campaign. The objective state sink 5 AMC along the northern patrol line.
I cant for the life of me work out what AMC stands for. Can anyone enlighten me?
I saw that change too, as im on that mission as well. It used to read "Sink 5 ships".
And I can only assume since the only ship I've sunk up here that counted was an "Armed Merchant" that AMC must be "Armed merchant Class".

But I've only found one so far, and I've been up here for uhhh, well I've forgot how long but it's been quite a long time probably two weeks or more. I keep finding merchants but not these armed ones.
BDU has repostioned me twice now, but the second time it didn't indicate a new location and says objective complete even though the white bar on the mission description box isn't full but only about 1/4 for the 5 ship portion. Nothing for the carrier as I have yet to go down there where it's supposed to be. Still trying to finish up in the north.
Old 05-14-10, 07:08 AM   #13
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Ah thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-14-10, 07:44 PM   #14
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

The "5 ships" to sink spawn in Loch Ewe harbor, south of the middle island there.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 11:19 PM   #15
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
The "5 ships" to sink spawn in Loch Ewe harbor, south of the middle island there.
I take it sinking them in the harbour does not count?
As for the Aircraft carrier part of the mission, I thought i saw a post somewhere that the is only, a certain time frame that she is in the patrol area?