Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-22, 08:53 AM   #1
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

Default New keyboard reference sheet for Red Storm Rising

I just wanted to share with you all this custom keyboard reference sheet I made for my own RSR use, 6 years ago. The wish was to have a tidy and structured control reference, instead of the big overlay with the huge cutout hole. So I carefully cut out all the individual "keys" from a very high resolution scan of the Amiga 500/2000 RSR overlay. (https://openretro.org/file/311c3a338...20%28en%29.png) Using Paint.net I carefully placed them all up on a grid and corrected what was askew in the scan. I added a hint of transperancy to have a nice background of a LA class boat. Also had to keep the awesome RSR logo. The reference should be valid for both pc and amiga, with exception of the help key. Personally I play the amiga version.

The resolution is very high, a whopping 6151x2555! So this should be a nice print-out. The PNG file is over 60mb though . Download here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i_4...ew?usp=sharing

Andreas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 06:42 PM   #2
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Thanks ! I fired up RSR again for quite a bit last year, this will be handy.
Old 01-29-22, 12:34 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Very nice Andreas86. I have two "favorite" aspects of the original overly. Number one of course, is sitting back in the chair, relaxed, reading a book or something, while letting the game do its thing. Get a contact or "Incoming!!!", get the feet back on the floor and the hands headed for the keyboard, only to whack the overlay, sending it flying, and not remembering what half of the keys do. The one time, the overlay went under the 2-drawer filing cabinet... "now, how do I pause this thing??" My number two favorite is changing keyboards, and the overlay doesn't fit it properly... sigh. That is a much neater, and more useful tool. Thank you. Now... where did I leave my game disks?... lol - I did find my C-64 disk / cartridge cache the other day, and fired-up The Hunt For Red October... that's a cool one also, in spite of all of the disk swapping with the C-64 version. Kind of adds to the tension...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-22, 11:51 AM   #4
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Get a contact or "Incoming!!!", get the feet back on the floor and the hands headed for the keyboard, only to whack the overlay, sending it flying, and not remembering what half of the keys do. The one time, the overlay went under the 2-drawer filing cabinet...

I got a good laugh picturing this..

I love how airborne papers always home in on the narrowest slot under some big and heavy object. It has happened suspiciously many times.
Andreas86 is offline   Reply With Quote