SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-18-16, 08:19 PM   #166
verganojoda23
Watch

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0
Default Thanks for replying! but i have no experience with programing or modding

hello! thank you for the welcome!
i read the documentation but i have no idea how to get it working, i use tdw 7.5.0 with the 168 patch, but no twos, i use sobers megamod. i have no idea what do i need to pick from the mods, i only downloaded the twos update 17 .06 (i think) because the mod is melted into the other mods. wanst there a stand alone version?
verganojoda23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-16, 08:31 PM   #167
verganojoda23
Watch

Downloads: 75
Default maybe if anyone could help me, i dont find the mod files

if anyone could shade with me the stand alone mod. or the worked around mod i would be so grateful, this becaus i have no idea how to modified it myself, besides i dont know wich files are the one i need to add only the enigma mod, and not the rest of the stuff in the update, thank you btw!
verganojoda23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-16, 06:59 AM   #168
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by verganojoda23 View Post
if anyone could shade with me the stand alone mod. or the worked around mod i would be so grateful, this becaus i have no idea how to modified it myself, besides i dont know wich files are the one i need to add only the enigma mod, and not the rest of the stuff in the update, thank you btw!
You should know that stand alone Enigma mod doesn't contain any encrypted messages so you wont see much use of it without TWoS.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-16, 02:43 PM   #169
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

This mod is a brilliant addition to TWoS.

However I can not for the life of me find the manual! I'm just learning how to use it and want something I can use in game whilst de-cyphering messages.

Can anyone tell me where to find it or if they have a crib sheet they would like to share?
Old 11-27-16, 02:59 PM   #170
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi bart
There is a KSDCommander pdf manual in Mods/The Wolves of Steel 1.6

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-16, 03:53 PM   #171
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
This mod is a brilliant addition to TWoS.

However I can not for the life of me find the manual! I'm just learning how to use it and want something I can use in game whilst de-cyphering messages.

Can anyone tell me where to find it or if they have a crib sheet they would like to share?
TDW Real Navigation and Skybaron's M4 Enigma- two best mods ever developed for any SH game. Ende!

Pdf manual... "Silent Hunter 5\The Wolves of Steel - Documentation\ENIGMA M4 by SkyBaron

Last edited by vdr1981; 11-27-16 at 04:03 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-16, 06:12 PM   #172
bart
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
TDW Real Navigation and Skybaron's M4 Enigma- two best mods ever developed for any SH game. Ende!

Pdf manual... "Silent Hunter 5\The Wolves of Steel - Documentation\ENIGMA M4 by SkyBaron
Agreed......both fantastic mods and add realism and immersion 1000%

Thanks for the location of the manual Vecko
Old 12-09-16, 01:14 PM   #173
Herr Minger
Soundman

Downloads: 101
Default Enigma tutorial video

Ok I must be slow on the uptake but in the instruction video in section 4 at 2.26 where does he get WGLQ from. I have followed the process up until that point but I'm stumped as to why those particular letters are imputed.

Bart,
where is the location of the manual please

Last edited by Herr Minger; 12-10-16 at 12:02 PM.
Herr Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 01:29 PM   #174
bart
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Minger View Post

Bart,
Sorry for late reply.

It's here in Pdf format...

"Silent Hunter 5\The Wolves of Steel - Documentation\ENIGMA M4 by SkyBaron
Old 01-14-17, 12:55 AM   #175
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Minger View Post
Ok I must be slow on the uptake but in the instruction video in section 4 at 2.26 where does he get WGLQ from. I have followed the process up until that point but I'm stumped as to why those particular letters are imputed.

Bart,
Alright I finally found what video you were talking about (first post of page 3). If you just watch the video on the first post.....clicky to you tube below:

it should clear up your confusion.

Basically you need the books (as did the Allies) to make this work....

The first two groups of letters (XVUO CMVL) are the ones you have to use to solve to get the WGLO. Break it up into:

XV
UO
CM
VL

You then use the Top book (top left of the M4 machine) to set the month..in this case June of 1940....to break each pair of letters to get two more letters . example being you would start at the top...go to column X then look down the column until you saw V...then next to that would be your new 2 letters.

On the first post of the thread...this is code book is under #3.

The end result is you take the NEW letters and split them vertically...as in if you look above...if you use the OLD letters as an example...you would break it up like this...since I don't have the books myself....I generically filled in your NEW 2 letters with $ = and unknown first letter..and your second new letter being WGLO (which again comes from the book)

XV = $W into $$$$
UO = $G
CM = $L WGLO
VL = $O

The top letters $$$$ would represent your group that verifies what network the message is for since different networks use different codes.

The bottom Letters are what you would input after you set the box for the day. This would give you 4 letters that would light up....you use those 4 new letters to reset the wheels one last time. The box is now set to decode the rest of the message. Clear as mud? I hope that helped...but honestly it's all in the video.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-17, 02:24 AM   #176
Bard Skye
Nub

Downloads: 3
Default Q

Hope there's nothing really important in those encoded messages, because I just can't make this thing work. I've watched the video and printed out the instructions to follow, and I still get nothing but gibberish. It doesn't help that the message font makes it really hard to tell the difference between an O and Q, even when I blow things up until the letters are an inch high.
Bard Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 04:31 AM   #177
bratwurstdimsum
Sparky

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 4

Hi there, This is an amazing addition - but I was wondering if we have the mod just on its own. The wolves of steel doesn't work too well on my spec machine and I would appreciate if someone had the original download link so I can add this one manually. I'm not fussed if it is an earlier version.

Thanks

The convoy lights are dead ahead
The merchantmen lay in their bed
The thump of diesels hammers down
In the oily sea-the killing ground
His knuckles white his eyes alight
He slams the hatch on the deadly night
A cunning fox in the chickens lair
A hound of hell and the devil dont care

-Iron Maiden
bratwurstdimsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 06:56 AM   #178
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard Skye View Post
Hope there's nothing really important in those encoded messages, because I just can't make this thing work. I've watched the video and printed out the instructions to follow, and I still get nothing but gibberish. It doesn't help that the message font makes it really hard to tell the difference between an O and Q, even when I blow things up until the letters are an inch high.
Don't blow them up....use the "Force".....your mind will start to recognise the difference between O and Q without even thinking about it after a short while!

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 05:05 PM   #179
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Downloads: 673
Uploads: 2

There's no "stand alone" version of this mod. There's a file called for modders.txt under the Enigma documentation that shows what modifications were done to TWOS. Anyone with some SH5 scripting/modding knowledge can take a look at that file and adapt this mod to any other megamod or installation, as long as proper credit is given.

SkyBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-17, 07:22 AM   #180
Gandalfi2005
Sailor man

Downloads: 32

Hi,

i got the following message from Enigma :
Reposition a None eight nine nine radius 120 KM 24 H.

I didn't understand the eight nine nine part. Can anyone help out please ?

Gruß
Gandalfi2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enigma, sh5