SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-15-22, 11:35 AM   #136
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Interesting. After release of my next update for TMO and a some patrols. I plan to to go the ATO for a while, look forward to trying this out.

"Convoy rework convoys shouldn't disperse now after an attack"

Curious, would you mind sharing how you accomplished this? I hate how convoys disperse when attacked.
I increased convoy formation spacing to 800 or 900.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition

Last edited by Niume; 04-15-22 at 11:50 AM.
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-22, 03:23 PM   #137
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810
Uploads: 0

Default KsD ace ???

why did you use Large Address Aware personally, it "null" this thing..!!! there is nothing better for the "CtD"
I have just started I immediately have smoke problems on the buildings already present in the other version...

at the start all immediately the feeling that there is something that is no longer there .. indeed several "ctd" we start I suspected it ... with this LA .. of Mdr
now something else the n navigation is the same the foam train etc..
I find that this race to the bottom totally distorts Luckner's work with wolfpack3.2 at the time..
the atmosphere has clearly regressed under the water too blurry the water is too dark on the surface ... the sound also we are far from what was done .. good is something else again but I'm going to stop there ..
I will not continue trying because we are no longer in the same mod...
for me it's the translation done which is good...
I prefer the original work of Luckner I do not criticize your work but it does not correspond to me anymore...
since we are leveling down.. I would not have put this one..

Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-22, 07:44 AM   #138
Niume
Sea Lord

Are you saying that Large Adress Aware causes CTD? I didn't added this rusty ship model.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Last edited by Niume; 04-17-22 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-16-22, 09:04 AM   #139
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Are you saying that Large Adress Aware causes CTD?
Yes you understood correctly... I have used this software several times as well as other versions in the past... it gives me too many CtDs...
with the 4go patch never any problem at least for me...
it does not have the same stability 4 go patch and much more reliable...
even for Fotrs or even RFB or TMO Enhanced I only use the 4go patch
why dismantle a work that was working very well...
delete all the best .... there were certainly some corrections to be made ... but not demolish the original mod ...
I find it regrettable that this mod takes this wrong path now it only engages me and fortunately I have the original Ksd base...
as I told you, I am not criticizing your work, but it happens to take a direction that does not suit me at all...
translation is really your best job...
I wish you good luck in your business for the future.
kind regards Kal Maximus U669 GLORY TO UKRAINE!
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-22, 12:54 PM   #140
Niume
Sea Lord

Where did you encountered crashes? I have noticed that submarine pens are eating up the performance. So I have reduced harbor traffic to reduce chances of ctd.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 04-17-22, 04:41 AM   #141
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338

Old 04-17-22, 07:47 AM   #142
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-190 View Post
How do you upload such big photos?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 04-17-22, 07:59 AM   #143
Niume
Sea Lord

Small patch 1.4.1
Fixed CLAbdiel.cfg file error
Added optional mod for increased underwater visibility
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TyH...ew?usp=sharing

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 04-17-22, 08:38 PM   #144
Jean Led
Seaman

Downloads: 44

Great mod despite quite a few ctd.

I have a question about objectives. for example currently I have to patrol

AM 4, but on the map the patrol sticker is on AM 5.

Before that I had to patrol in a 30 km zone near the sticker. I did it for 72 hours without completion.
For this new mission I patrolled both AM 4 and AM 5 for 48 hours each respectively each. No completion.

I had it complete after engaging a convoy nearby and sinking a ship sometime after. But my game crashed and the save wouldnt load.
Now I cant get it completed anymore and low on fuel and no more torpedoes so heading to base anyways.

Any insight on how to complete patrol objectives?

Thank you
Jean Led is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-22, 09:58 PM   #145
Jean Led
Seaman

update**

So everytime after I attack this convoy all my saves get corrupted. Second time it happed. I have 3 hours of game time with 4 saves, in safe save location ( away from ships and wreckage and planes and on surfaces) and none of them will load. Only the one before I attack a convoy.

Second times it happens and its weird. Also game always crashes when I try to make it back to wilhelmshaven
Old 04-18-22, 03:59 AM   #146
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Led View Post
Great mod despite quite a few ctd.

I have a question about objectives. for example currently I have to patrol

AM 4, but on the map the patrol sticker is on AM 5.

Before that I had to patrol in a 30 km zone near the sticker. I did it for 72 hours without completion.
For this new mission I patrolled both AM 4 and AM 5 for 48 hours each respectively each. No completion.

I had it complete after engaging a convoy nearby and sinking a ship sometime after. But my game crashed and the save wouldnt load.
Now I cant get it completed anymore and low on fuel and no more torpedoes so heading to base anyways.

Any insight on how to complete patrol objectives?

Thank you
About the objectives, trust the arrow which points in what place to patrol instead of the mission text. It is misaligned . Most of the time patrol objectives completes when you sink 7000 tonnage or 10000. I would like to rework the missions a bit but sadly I don't have much time now for over 1000 patrol objectives. About the crashes. Install the hotfix patch 1.4.1 after you return to base. Maybe it will fix the CTD issues. When nearing port reduce your time compression to 128 or 64. And I reccomend doing a save around 150 km from the port when returning from patrol. I am investigating why ports crashes the game I suspect it's the sub pens. They eat up computer resources.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 04-18-22, 10:23 AM   #147
Jean Led
Seaman

Quote:
About the objectives, trust the arrow which points in what place to patrol instead of the mission text. It is misaligned . Most of the time patrol objectives completes when you sink 7000 tonnage or 10000. I would like to rework the missions a bit but sadly I don't have much time now for over 1000 patrol objectives. About the crashes. Install the hotfix patch 1.4.1 after you return to base. Maybe it will fix the CTD issues. When nearing port reduce your time compression to 128 or 64. And I reccomend doing a save around 150 km from the port when returning from patrol. I am investigating why ports crashes the game I suspect it's the sub pens. They eat up computer resources.

Thanks for the help! Any idea why my game saves keep getting corrupted after I attack that convoy/ finish my patrol grid? And I figure there are no ways to get a save that crashes to not crash anymore?
Old 04-18-22, 11:55 AM   #148
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Led View Post
Thanks for the help! Any idea why my game saves keep getting corrupted after I attack that convoy/ finish my patrol grid? And I figure there are no ways to get a save that crashes to not crash anymore?
This problem is weird to me. I don't think I have ever encountered corrupt save files in KSD II. Do you save the game while the ship is surfaced? Do you use gramophone or radio during patrol or when saving? Do you use ALT+TAB keybind to switch between sh4 and other applications? Also did you installed/disabled mods while being on patrol? For example. you save the game when your uboat is at let's say AM grid. You close the game, disable or enable any mods.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 04-18-22, 06:50 PM   #149
Jean Led
Seaman

Quote:
This problem is weird to me. I don't think I have ever encountered corrupt save files in KSD II. Do you save the game while the ship is surfaced? Do you use gramophone or radio during patrol or when saving? Do you use ALT+TAB keybind to switch between sh4 and other applications? Also did you installed/disabled mods while being on patrol? For example. you save the game when your uboat is at let's say AM grid. You close the game, disable or enable any mods.

I havent done any of that beside possibly alt tabing. I am not sure. But its odd it happend in the same scenarios, like saves before encountering a convoy works fine, and afterwards I cannot load them.

I will try it again tomorow and let you know.

In anycase i will be more careful on time compression near ports.
Old 04-19-22, 02:18 AM   #150
Jean Led
Seaman

I tried again. My save that was working kept crashing as soon as I neared the convoy. I loaded a previous save from 1 hour in game time before. Was working fine until I went to intercept the convoy again. I approached at 40 meters in low time compression, when I went to periscope depth and started getting a firing solution it crashed again.

Its in the AM grid in november 1939 i believe. There is a convoy with a Nelson class battleship.

In my first attempt I could attack it without crashes, but all the saves afterwards were corrupted.

Im thinking of deleting the main folder and the folder in documents and retrying a new campaign and see if Im plagued with those crashes still.

I really really like the interface and the attack periscope.

I also run dark waters with no crashes fyi. But I had that issue previous to getting dark waters.

But maybe the fact I put them in that arrangement below caused it to be more instable?

OS (C: )/ SH4 ATO/ and here the two separate folders)

Tags
ksd ii, u-boat