Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-24, 03:37 PM   #1
fisher_bcn
Swabbie

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 2
Default Correct the angle of rotation of the torpedo

I wish someone could explain to me how to correct the angle of rotation of a torpedo.
I think that when the objective is in our demarcation 0º to 90 AoB there is no need to correct anything,
but if we see the objective for example at the 35º demarcation with the periscope, it is not the same as seeing it from the bow,
which would still be 38º or 39º.
I'm wrong?
If this is true, did they have a table or did they calculate it with paper and pencil?
Thank you so much.
fisher_bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-24, 02:38 AM   #2
UTurnBoat
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

While you are correct that the angle would be ever slightly different from the periscope to the bow of the boat I wouldn't go as far as 3-4 degrees. In fact you can see for yourself. When you have a target in the scope see what the angle of it is from the periscope then clammer on down to the bow of the ship and use your binoculars to see what the angle is there.

For your question about angling a torpedo I had this issue for a while, but the short version is that the torpedo control from UZO or the periscope is calibrated to work from there for a reason, so you don't have to worry about the discrepancies.

You can use various tools like the attack disc to determine the 90 degree intercept course for the best shot. Remember that the angle on bow changes depending on the target positon, it's impossible to keep it at 90 unless you were drifting sideways along the target course while facing it
UTurnBoat is offline   Reply With Quote