Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-22, 07:40 PM   #121
TBird9595
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Hi KaleunMarco,

I had tried setting it to 1920x1080 but as I said, it just ran in a very small window. However, after reading your reply I had another go and realised that I had not unchecked the 'Run in windowed mode' box. I did that, and now it looks fine!

Thanks again
TBird9595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 12:06 AM   #122
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird9595 View Post
Hi KaleunMarco,

I had tried setting it to 1920x1080 but as I said, it just ran in a very small window. However, after reading your reply I had another go and realised that I had not unchecked the 'Run in windowed mode' box. I did that, and now it looks fine!

Thanks again
that's excellent news!
sometimes, we old Kaleuns forget about some of the less sophisticated options.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 09:10 AM   #123
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird9595 View Post
Hi KaleunMarco,

Thanks again

You know, sometimes people make a post requesting help and they learn what the problem is and how to fix it, but they reply with "nevermind, I fixed it" without sharing what they discovered worked.

You sir, are not one of those people. Nominated

Old 02-25-23, 11:35 AM   #124
Cmndrgray
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

I haven't played SH5 for sometime now, when I went to play it today it says please enter activation code, however I can't find my box or user manual with my activation code.

Is there anyway to bypass this so that I'm able to play.

I've contacted the UBISoft help desk but no reply so far.

Many thanks

Michael
Cmndrgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-23, 12:46 PM   #125
Yolo911
Watch

Downloads: 7
Default KSD

This MOD stuff is REALLY hard to understand. (SH5 Twos major mod)I finally have it running. I started my first patrol through Steam. I saw the KSD ICON and clicked on it but it didn't make any sense to me at all. I couldn't even sure of it's purpose.

So after all I went though all of the gyrations to install everything I didn't have time to finish the patrol. And when I exited partway to the initial destination it said the patrol was over.

Now I haven't gone back into the program again . I thought I would explore KSD first. I suspected it was a way to start the game. After trying several different logins(it doesn't specify what I am logging into, It accepted the Steam login. At this point nothing progresses. I tried many combinations of the various boxes but nothing happens.

ANy idea how this thing works? OR can I skip all of this and just go through Steam again to start my game? I know that these mods have a big problem with saved games and that there is a ritual that must be performed before loading a save or advancing to another level. Which I can't figure out either.

Thanks

Nevermind. I just tried to start it on Steam and all I get are errors. It isn't worth the frustration. i'm deleteing it.

Last edited by Yolo911; 02-25-23 at 03:51 PM.
Yolo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 01:33 AM   #126
GreekMantanis
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Default SH5 Crashes

hey guys i recently bought SH5 in Uplay but everytime i click on new campaign it crashes i have no mods ive tried many times reinstalling the game but it dont works i tried disabling fullscreen ive tried all compatibility mods but it always crashes when i click new campaign i have Windows 11 Pro

Any help will be much appreciated
GreekMantanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 03:32 AM   #127
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

GreekMantanis! When it comes to playing SHV on WIN 11...."it's all Greek to me" too!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 08:45 AM   #128
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

GreekMantanis, SH5 is just like SH3 and SH4 on the 'modern' Windows OS, in that the game was designed with WinXP DirectX v9 internals (the game engine). In that regard, you have to tell Windows not to help with the game's display. To do that, you need to navigate to the game folder where you have SH5 installed. Find the SH5.exe file, right-click on it and choose "Properties" from the bottom of the list. Then click on the "Compatibility" tab and then change some of the settings. Depending upon your computer, video card and display, you might have to change one, or several of the settings. Win11 is similar to Win10 in that regard and SH3, 4 & 5 are basically the same. Here is a picture from SH4 on my Win11 laptop, and the choices I had to make to get SH4 displaying properly:

Your computer might require the same, but most likely different settings. That upper "High DPI Settings..." Window comes up after you click on the "Change high DPI settings" button of the window below, which is the actual "Properties" window. You might not need the Compatibility Mode change, and you might not need the Administrator setting tick mark, but you almost certainly will need the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" ticked, as well as that "High DPI scaling override" with "Application" set from the "Change high DPI settings" button. On my laptop, I had to click that upper button on the "High DPI settings for..." window, since the computer wants to "scale" everything on my display to 125% for whatever reason, and when it does that with the game, some of the game's interface goes outside the displays boundary, of course... Anyway, try those settings (less the "scaling" change) and see what you get.

If you are going to eventually use the TWoS mod, and you installed the game to the "default" path, you are in "C:\Program Files (x86) \Ubisoft \Battle for the Atlantic..." or whatever the name of the SH5 folder is (I don't have it installed on this computer), Windows will rollback any alterations attempted in that folder. You will have move the game to a folder outside of a Program Files folder. If you create your own "Games" folder on the C drive and then install to that folder, any modding attempts will function correctly. vdr1981 mentions that in a pdf that comes with his mod.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-23, 05:58 PM   #129
TheNolan
Seaman

Downloads: 0

No Windows 11 sticky so I thought I'd post here. Just installed TWoS on Windows 11 with a Steam SH5 install and it worked perfectly. 2 big things are to make sure SH5 and the install program are run as an administrator and to install outside of the porgram files/program files (x86) directories.

I'm also launching via uConnect. uConnect keeps giving me an error when I open it but if I go into offline mode and launch SH5 from there it works fine.
TheNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-23, 04:55 PM   #130
Weps674
Watch

Downloads: 3

Thanks
Weps674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-23, 12:25 AM   #131
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome back!

Weps674! back on the surface after 7 year's 'silent running'.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 11-08-23, 06:57 PM   #132
Katalo
Swabbie

Downloads: 277
Default Saludos comandantes

Saludos comandantes... hace mucho que no juego al SH5, en parte por los muchos problemas que tengo al usar ordenadores más modernos o sistemas operativos, ni Windows 10 ni windows 11... he leído varias soluciones, que cuando tenga tiempo, intentaré probar a ver si funcionan...

Es una lástima que UBISOFT dejara tirada esta gran saga... sería de agradecer que alguno de los genios que crean los Mods para este simulador, pudieran mejorar muchos aspectos que se han quedado obsoletos con el paso del tiempo, me refiero a mejorar por ejemplo, los gráficos y diálogos, poder hacer una remasterización de los gráficos del submarino, las explosiones, burbujas, interiores del uboot, la propia tripulación, que parecen robots en vez de personas... y aparte, si se abriera un hilo para comentar qué mejoras le harías al simulador, seguramente muchísimos comandantes participarían con sus ideas... otra cosa es que a nivel de programación fueran posible realizar las mejoras e ideas que se propongan... aparte también, supongo que también estará el problema de los derechos de UBISOFT, que intuyo no permitiría que se manipule su juego.
En fin, una lástima que esta grandísima saga la hayan abandonado...
Siento no escribir en inglés, también sería de agradecer que tuvierais SUBSIM con la opción en idioma español.

Muchas gracias y buena caza.
Katalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-23, 09:31 PM   #133
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Bienvenido Capitano!

Katalo!

Old 12-27-23, 06:30 PM   #134
Katalo
Swabbie

The problem is that about a month ago, when I load a saved game, the screen stays locked, and I have to go to the Windows desktop and restart the PC. If I start a new campaign, I play without problems, but as soon as I save the game and I want to restart it after a while or later or whenever, the image freezes and it does nothing, not even the mouse, I have to exit to Windows and restart the pc, as always, there is no way to continue any saved game... I have a Windows 10 pro, and the game is an original disc. When I have done a clean install, it installs without problems and all the requirements are green. I have tried some solution that I have seen to create a folder and rename the one to install the 1.2 update, and I have followed all the steps, but the problem continues... Any ideas? any solution? Thank you. I don't know whether to install Open Horizons or Wolves of Steel to see if the problem goes away or if it stays the same. I need your help.
Old 12-28-23, 07:52 AM   #135
Katalo
Swabbie

Icon11 Saludos comandantes

Sorry for not saying hello first.
Before exposing my problems, education comes first, and the first thing is to say hello.
So, just to tell you that you do a great job, and that you are great, keep up the good work!!!!