SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III > SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-09-07, 09:12 PM   #1
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0
Default Manual TDC Tutorial Mission?

Just curious as to whether anyone has created and published a good mission for teaching n00bs the fine art of Manual TDC...
Old 01-09-07, 09:14 PM   #2
azn_132
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Reed
Just curious as to whether anyone has created and published a good mission for teaching n00bs the fine art of Manual TDC...
Maybe put a 5 knot ship in front of u at 1000m while its goin straight and ur doin all that work preparin for an attack.
azn_132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 11:11 PM   #3
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104

I was creating something like that when I made this thread. The point was to see whether any of the manaul TDC veterans had created something to train those who weren't familiar with it. It would appear that the answer is 'no'.

Funny thing though, when I ran through my little mission, the Luftwaffe came and bombed two of my three targets for me...and I didn't even have to call them...here I thought they wouldn't come on their own in a single player mission...
Old 04-24-07, 06:02 AM   #4
Capt Hammerhead
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default German bombers appearing

There are positions randomly seeded into the game including naval and including aircraft bases and planes. You need to set up your training in saouth atlantic somewhere not near Germany or France.
Capt Hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 06:09 AM   #5
P_Funk
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 128

Or do what the Naval Academy does, which is make it so that you and your targets are the only things in the game world. Explains why the laod times are slight.

P_Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-16, 08:48 PM   #6
Rebel
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 77
Default single mission CURACAO

that game has all the necessary things that a captain of a sub needs to play at 100% real. I myself have been playing this game for a very long time. I play at 100% real . Playing a career .at 100% can be accomplished ,with the information you acquire in playing the game CURACAO. Buying a protractor with a movable wheel. Printing a map that you enlarge to 50 km. Measuring distance of 10 km with the protractor. Measuring distance and time. To go 10 km at 14 kn equals 23 min. when a ship at what ever Bering the sonar man stays at the same Bering for 8 min. That ship is on that heading. If the ship moves two degrees in 1 min. that equals a ship at 90°turning the sub in a direction that will have it stay at that heading for 8 min. equals a ship heading to the sub. Turning 90° will put the ship 90° to the sub.doing all the navigation on the map that you print at the beginning of the game is the map that you use to attack the ships. Using less than 100% real with this game and writing down the information will be extremely helpful in accomplishing playing at 100% real . Using the box on the attack periscope. When a ship fits inside that box.= it's at 90° . at a given distance. A ship taking 1 min. to go 50° equals 10k. Each 50° equals 5° in front of ship using the 10° line on the attack periscope as the firing point. The average ship fitting inside the box is about 4000 km T-1 torpedo goes 30 kn travel time is about 4 min. 10° before ship equals about right for impact of torpedo to that ship. Making adjustments is what learning is all about. PS, using the external view to follow the T1 torpedo

Last edited by Rebel; 08-13-16 at 06:46 PM.
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 03:18 PM   #7
Arnold
Gunner

Downloads: 22

I play at 200% realism, using the Cripple Mod, wearing an eye patch and tying my left arm behind my back.
This realism debate is similar to the one regarding the merits and objections to women with "implants."
Some like natural, original equipment. 100%
Others like implanted navigators to keep them happy.