SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-13-21, 05:08 AM   #13816
Dainem
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Hello.

I am completely new to Silent Hunter 5 and TWOS. I played SH 3 a lot. I have two questions:

1. TWOS uses TDW_No_Contact_Colors_1_1_0 and TDW_No_Contact_Tails_1_1_0. Can I disable them so that the map shows me red colors for enemies and their direction (like SH3)?

2. Can I change the Auto TDC like SH3? Without the 3 numbers. Just "Fire and Forget".

Greetings

Dainem
Dainem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 09:49 AM   #13817
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Dainem!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 10:55 AM   #13818
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
Hello.

I am completely new to Silent Hunter 5 and TWOS. I played SH 3 a lot. I have two questions:

1. TWOS uses TDW_No_Contact_Colors_1_1_0 and TDW_No_Contact_Tails_1_1_0. Can I disable them so that the map shows me red colors for enemies and their direction (like SH3)?

2. Can I change the Auto TDC like SH3? Without the 3 numbers. Just "Fire and Forget".

Greetings

Dainem
1- Activate the addon mod contact colors with JSGME.

2 - Use the OFEV app and in the map options activate the Auto TDC according to your taste: three points or fire & forget.

PD: Use manual TDC. Be more agressive.

Best regards and good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 12:26 PM   #13819
Beethopfen
Nub

Downloads: 1
Default Auto TDC issues

Hello

First: Brilliant mod, I absolutely love it, hardly enjoyed anything quite as much. It feels so serious, I've been missing that with games lately. You can tell that this hasn't been written by some heartless ubisoft guys but from actual enthusiasts. So heartwarming! Second: I am sure this has been asked a dozen times, but nevertheless: I am struggeling with Auto TDC. If I lock on a target it used to stay locked even when I leave the periscope for a moment or have a look at the map. But since I installed the mod it keeps unlocking itself. For example on the map locked targets used to be marked, now the mark disappears after a while. I also noticed, that the "lock target" button disappeared with the mod, does that have someting to do with each other and is there a possibility to get the button back? I did like it

Thanks for any possible answers!
Beethopfen
Beethopfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 04:05 PM   #13820
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome aboard!

Beethopfen! nice silent run and first post!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 05-13-21, 08:40 PM   #13821
World_Devastator
Sparky

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethopfen View Post
Hello

First: Brilliant mod, I absolutely love it, hardly enjoyed anything quite as much. It feels so serious, I've been missing that with games lately. You can tell that this hasn't been written by some heartless ubisoft guys but from actual enthusiasts. So heartwarming! Second: I am sure this has been asked a dozen times, but nevertheless: I am struggeling with Auto TDC. If I lock on a target it used to stay locked even when I leave the periscope for a moment or have a look at the map. But since I installed the mod it keeps unlocking itself. For example on the map locked targets used to be marked, now the mark disappears after a while. I also noticed, that the "lock target" button disappeared with the mod, does that have someting to do with each other and is there a possibility to get the button back? I did like it

Thanks for any possible answers!

Beethopfen
Go to the bottom right officer when holding mouse over the pop-up in the middle. It click on him and the icon to lock target will show up to the right.

I just like to have a good time, I try to be as realistic as possible but I do use Auto TDC with TWOS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
World_Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 04:10 AM   #13822
Dainem
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
1- Activate the addon mod contact colors with JSGME.

2 - Use the OFEV app and in the map options activate the Auto TDC according to your taste: three points or fire & forget.

PD: Use manual TDC. Be more agressive.

Best regards and good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo

Thank you!

About Point 1: Can I change the colors? I have a "red green weeknees" and can´t differentiate between Red and Green. And the "tail" on the contact seems to be missing.

About Point 2: I can´t find the mentioned TAC option in the "map option" section of the OFEV app.

I have another question: Can I disable the "unnecessary" radio messages which are in english? (I play with the german translation of TWOS). Or can I prevent the time compression to stop when they are reported? I don´t understand the different options you have in the game about this topic. The game should pause when I get a vital contact information but not when I get a "filler" radio message.

About TWOS: This mod is awesome! And very overwhelming. Is there a manual like the "Agru Front Lehrmaterialen" manual?

Dainem
Old 05-14-21, 10:53 PM   #13823
kiwikid1940
Watch

Downloads: 412

Hopefully some one can point out what is wrong with my setup.

On starting a new campaign I save on entering then close down SH5 and then open SH5 again and reload saved position.

After orders are given and I start the patrol I open up the 'Harbour Pilot' and pick the right starting port which is activated in green BUT as soon as my sub moves off the Harbour Pilot leaves my sub !!!!!!

No matter which campaign I choose the result is the same.

Am I going to have to uninstall SH5 and TWOs and start again???

Mike
kiwikid1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 09:10 AM   #13824
Beethopfen
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Beethopfen! nice silent run and first post!
Dankesehr
Old 05-15-21, 09:13 AM   #13825
Beethopfen
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by World_Devastator View Post
Go to the bottom right officer when holding mouse over the pop-up in the middle. It click on him and the icon to lock target will show up to the right.

I just like to have a good time, I try to be as realistic as possible but I do use Auto TDC with TWOS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks, but what do you mean with buttom right? You mean in the HUD? I somehow don't have these little pictures of my officers and don't know, how to acitvate them.
Old 05-15-21, 09:22 AM   #13826
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethopfen View Post
Thanks, but what do you mean with buttom right? You mean in the HUD? I somehow don't have these little pictures of my officers and don't know, how to acitvate them.
they should show up when you mouse pointer over them
Old 05-16-21, 05:55 AM   #13827
Dainem
Swabbie

Can I change the keyboard settings easily? The keymapper mod doesn´t find the commands.cfg and I haven´t found a list of all the key codes for all the keys to change the commands.cfg manually.

My german laptop keyboard layout has some problems with the standard controls.
Old 05-16-21, 06:12 AM   #13828
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
Can I change the keyboard settings easily? The keymapper mod doesn´t find the commands.cfg and I haven´t found a list of all the key codes for all the keys to change the commands.cfg manually.

My german laptop keyboard layout has some problems with the standard controls.

It works fine with the SH Keymapper. Just Copy the exe file in the mainfolder of you SH5 installation and start - maybe with admin rights - it. And load the keysettings you can see in the screenshot.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-05-16_130923.jpg (94.5 KB, 191 views)

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 09:25 AM   #13829
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default welcome back!

World_Devastator! After a long silentrun!

Old 05-16-21, 10:33 AM   #13830
Dainem
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
It works fine with the SH Keymapper. Just Copy the exe file in the mainfolder of you SH5 installation and start - maybe with admin rights - it. And load the keysettings you can see in the screenshot.
Thank you! I forgot to load the settings.

I now have another questions: I have just started the campaign (never played SH 5 before). I have sunken some ships and reloaded my torpedos at a harbor. I wanted to finish my "Feindfahrt" and traveled to Kiel, my current "Heimathafen" (home base harbor). When I arrived I had no option to stop and go to the bunker. Can I only do this then the campaign time is over?

Also: I am now trying the "real navigation mod". Feels completely different. I just realised that the navigation tools are inverted: at my compass 0 is 180, west is east etc... This makes it difficult to get a precise new course. I have found a draggable compass with the correct coordinates but using the standard compass or the ruler would be easier. Can I change the normal compass? And why is it inverted anyway?