SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-10-20, 04:23 AM   #13126
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

@fitzcarraldo and GrenSo,
Unfortunately, everything campaign related require campaign restart or advancement to the next campaign chapter. This is common for all SH games...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 08:02 AM   #13127
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Good work Vecko
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 12:22 PM   #13128
Torpedo
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1062
Uploads: 0

Hi Vecko!!!
OUTSTANDING work!
Torpedo
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 03:08 PM   #13129
ShipSinkerIan13
Swabbie

Downloads: 69

MY auto target ID isnt working, any help? Yes I do have the right things loaded on JSGME
ShipSinkerIan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 05:26 PM   #13130
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipSinkerIan13 View Post
MY auto target ID isnt working, any help? Yes I do have the right things loaded on JSGME
Hi Ian, I think Vecko disabled this command because XO always identifying the target in a fraction of second and with encyclopedic precision, wasn't too realistic. If memory serves, someone in the past had created a TwOS patch which re-enabled the auto-ID command, but I have no idea where it can be found nor if it is still compatible with the current TWoS version.
Old 05-10-20, 08:08 PM   #13131
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Ian, I think Vecko disabled this command because XO always identifying the target in a fraction of second and with encyclopedic precision, wasn't too realistic. If memory serves, someone in the past had created a TwOS patch which re-enabled the auto-ID command, but I have no idea where it can be found nor if it is still compatible with the current TWoS version.

There is an addon mod in TWoS for Auto target ID.

See in JSGME.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 08:20 PM   #13132
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
There is an addon mod in TWoS for Auto target ID.

See in JSGME.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Thank you for integrating my answer Fitz, my bad for not knowing TWoS addon mods
Old 05-10-20, 08:23 PM   #13133
Zinmar
Commander

Downloads: 276

I was wondering if the VII C/41 with the 4 minelayer tubes was in the bow modeled in this mod. They don't have to be operational I'm just hoping that it is there.
Zinmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 08:42 PM   #13134
OltzS Dobenecker
Swabbie

Location: Frequently in the North Sea off the English Coast, sometimes the N. Atlantic, mostly at Bremen.
Downloads: 52
Default I can only sail in reverse while submerged

Title says it all-
While submerged, currently on first mission off Danzig, I can only sail my submarine in reverse. Any ahead commands are met with the number being highlighted, but with no engine action, sound, or propeller movement. Using Wolves of Steel only.

Thanks for the help

* update* I found that sailing ahead underwater is odd- the only control that seems to work is ahead standard (3). However, it orders the boat into maximum speed (5). Meanwhile, 5 reduces down to all stop (0). Essentially no speed controls underwater. Only on or off. Meanwhile, reverse seems to be similar in that it is back emergency or nothing (4 or 0). I could use some help or guidance. Should I just reinstall everything?

Last edited by OltzS Dobenecker; 05-10-20 at 09:17 PM.
OltzS Dobenecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-20, 06:20 AM   #13135
fire-fox
Chief

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by OltzS Dobenecker View Post
Title says it all-
While submerged, currently on first mission off Danzig, I can only sail my submarine in reverse. Any ahead commands are met with the number being highlighted, but with no engine action, sound, or propeller movement. Using Wolves of Steel only.

Thanks for the help

* update* I found that sailing ahead underwater is odd- the only control that seems to work is ahead standard (3). However, it orders the boat into maximum speed (5). Meanwhile, 5 reduces down to all stop (0). Essentially no speed controls underwater. Only on or off. Meanwhile, reverse seems to be similar in that it is back emergency or nothing (4 or 0). I could use some help or guidance. Should I just reinstall everything?

ok, here. you might need to do a full deinstall + registry clear and then reinstall SH5 and reapply a new download of TWoS 2.2.18

Running SH5 @ 100% difficulty + TWoS 2.2.19(RealNav + BDU + port smoke + food) + Carotio_IntercontinentalRadioPack tweaked + The Little Ships of SH5 - Coaster Pack
fire-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-20, 07:18 AM   #13136
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Title says it all-

Thanks for the help

In the FAQ of TWoS-see post 1-it is explained the control of speed in TWoS. Personally, I prefer to manage the underwater speed via the speedometer and not the telegraph. Example, you want 3 knots, so put 3 knots in the speedometer. The telegraph has a problem with the several orders, a problem from TDW patches.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-20, 08:23 AM   #13137
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 584
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Title says it all-

Thanks for the help

Do you use the keyboard or mouse click to command the speed?
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-20, 09:35 AM   #13138
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Should I just reinstall everything?
Most likely...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-20, 09:36 PM   #13139
Sokolov
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok, so great mod... Ok. Just 1 campaign anything, ok. Some harbours defended by mines and coastal, but have no ships, some defended nothung and you can pumoping your tonnage that way is no reality, so much years of work and still those BUGS, no destroyers near port, but if you damaged coastal from long distance, first shot - you in ass (sorry for this word). Ugly environment. I understand sh5 is broken game form begin, but there are few things that easy can make game better. TWoS? it's - 1 (from five), i respect your work, but wrote the truth. Don't blame me. Reaaly just one man worked for sence here - he is DarkWraith, who been work wrom sh3 as Raserboy
Old 05-11-20, 10:27 PM   #13140
Zinmar
Commander

Downloads: 276

I gather nobody knows about the type VII C/41 then?
Zinmar is offline   Reply With Quote