SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-10, 05:55 PM   #16
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbach View Post
I put the FM interior mod to Silen hunter 3 JSMGE mod folder but the mod didnt work , Am i doing something wrong please ?

I installed JSGME on the 3 Silent hunters so I can install Mods on them
I tested JSGME on Silent hunter 3 by installing FM interior Mod
What was the name of the FM Interior mod? By that I mean what did the label say? Was it by chance FMNewInteriors.zip? If that was the case then you still need to install 7zip and take it out of the zipped folder.

To be sure double-click on the mod and see what happens.

Another possible question is, did you open up JSGME itself and activate the mod?
Old 07-07-10, 08:37 PM   #17
Sudo
Helmsman

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

Just wanted to say this program is a life-saver! I know it says "Generic" but I never used it with anything other than the Silent Hunter series. Well, it's been a real treat using it with FSX too.
Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 12:57 AM   #18
Zumbach
Watch

Downloads: 34
Default Yes it is ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
What was the name of the FM Interior mod? By that I mean what did the label say? Was it by chance FMNewInteriors.zip? If that was the case then you still need to install 7zip and take it out of the zipped folder.

To be sure double-click on the mod and see what happens.

Another possible question is, did you open up JSGME itself and activate the mod?
Yes it is the FMNewInteriors V1.0 and I opened the icon from the desktop and activated from there . I downloaded 7zip , Now what i can do to the files please ?
Zumbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 03:57 AM   #19
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

move slower over here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
IT'S JUST BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT MODS HAVING NAMES STARTING WITH [ ARE NOT CORRECTLY HANDLED BY JSGME!

I know the reason and will be working on an update as time permits over the next few weeks. In the meantime, the workaround is simply to ensure that mod names DO NOT START with a [. For example:

BAD:
C:\Games\SilentHunter\MODS\[My Mod] Conning Tower Emblem\data\

GOOD:
C:\Games\SilentHunter\MODS\(My Mod) Conning Tower Emblem\data\
C:\Games\SilentHunter\MODS\Conning Tower Emblem [My Mod]\data\
C:\Games\SilentHunter\MODS\Conning Tower [My Mod] Emblem\data\
So the main Q,is how may people install in A,well if you have split your hard drive in partion,a stand for floppy or dvd.cd......but anyway,thing get more unstable or slower on this side of earth!

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 07:19 AM   #20
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

I now you are busy right now...and we move slow......

Quote:
Just a gentle reminder, I get a LOT of PMs and emails from players seeking support on specific mods for specific games.

I can only provide support for setting up and using JSGME. I do not, and cannot, explain what "Mark's Carby Tweaks" mod does, why "BFNMPP v1.3" keeps crashing your game with error 0x0e890a57 after you press the F7 key, or which folders within a mod you need to enable to get the three dials option instead of the two. You need to direct those types of questions to the mod author.

Also, if your game suddenly starts crashing after installing a mod, DISABLE THE MOD, then ensure that you have the mod folder structure correctly set as per the JSGME User Guide and the mod author's instructions (particularly the latter). If everything is in order and your problem persists when you re-enable the mod, you will need to consult the mod author directly as your problem will most likely be either with that mod, or your combination of enabled mods.

Following the above will most likely see you up and running much quicker than waiting for upwards of 24 hours for me to essentially tell you to consult the mod author.

It will also help free me up to focus on feature requests, bug reports, questions surrounding User Guide contents and other JSGME-related questions.
But I will send you a PM for other reason,have you some, time next week to spare?

IT'S JUST BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT MODS HAVING NAMES STARTING WITH [ ARE NOT CORRECTLY HANDLED BY JSGME!

I know the reason and will be working on an update as time permits over the next few weeks. In the meantime, the workaround is simply to ensure that mod names DO NOT START with a [. For example:

BAD:
C:\Games\SilentHunter\MODS\[My Mod] Conning Tower Emblem\data\

GOOD:
C:\Games\SilentHunter\MODS\(My Mod) Conning Tower Emblem\data\
C:\Games\SilentHunter\MODS\Conning Tower Emblem [My Mod]\data\
C:\Games\SilentHunter\MODS\Conning Tower [My Mod] Emblem\data\

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 09:01 AM   #21
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Yes it is the FMNewInteriors V1.0 and I opened the icon from the desktop and activated from there . I downloaded 7zip , Now what i can do to the files please ?
1. Open the zipped file.

2. Move the files inside to the MODS folder in the SH3 folder.

3. Double-check that it is JSGME-ready by opening the <Mod Name> folder. The next folder inside should be the Data folder, and the ones inside that should be the the folders leading to the different sections of the game. All you are really doing here is making sure there isn't another of the same folder - Data/Data/Sound, or Data/Sound/Sound. It's not as complicated as it sounds when I write it out.

4. Close the folders and double-click on the JSGME icon on the desktop. In the left field you will see the names of mods waiting to be activated. Click on one you think you want and then click the Arrow button to move it to the Activated side.

5. Start SH3 and select one of the Acadamy Training Missions, and see if it worked!

I know that probably sounds like I think you're a total idiot, but sometimes I surprise myself with some little thing I missed, so I try to cover all the bases. If you have any trouble at all, let me know. I'll do what I can to help.
Old 07-08-10, 11:51 AM   #22
Zumbach
Watch

Default Nothing again ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
1. Open the zipped file.

2. Move the files inside to the MODS folder in the SH3 folder.

3. Double-check that it is JSGME-ready by opening the <Mod Name> folder. The next folder inside should be the Data folder, and the ones inside that should be the the folders leading to the different sections of the game. All you are really doing here is making sure there isn't another of the same folder - Data/Data/Sound, or Data/Sound/Sound. It's not as complicated as it sounds when I write it out.

4. Close the folders and double-click on the JSGME icon on the desktop. In the left field you will see the names of mods waiting to be activated. Click on one you think you want and then click the Arrow button to move it to the Activated side.

5. Start SH3 and select one of the Acadamy Training Missions, and see if it worked!

I know that probably sounds like I think you're a total idiot, but sometimes I surprise myself with some little thing I missed, so I try to cover all the bases. If you have any trouble at all, let me know. I'll do what I can to help.
Hey steve I did as you told me but for nothing again
Old 07-08-10, 05:47 PM   #23
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Can you post a screenshot of what the JSGME screen looks like? Something like Jaesens' picture in post #1?
Old 07-09-10, 01:27 AM   #24
Zumbach
Watch

Default The picture ....

This is the image

Steve do I need any patches for Silent Hunter's games ? because i didn't install any patches
Old 07-30-10, 10:39 AM   #25
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Just FYI, a new version of JSGME will be forthcoming in the next week or two. The new version will include the following:

- Fixed: now correctly disables mods that have [ as the first character in the mod name
- Added: new enhanced game file compare feature
- Added: now displays a prompt if JSGME cannot enable or disable mod files (ie because they are open)
- Changed: snapshot/compare feature now based on MD5 sums, not date stamps
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 11:06 AM   #26
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
This is the image
It looks good from where I sit. I'm not sure why at this point it would not show up. I hope somebody else reading this has some idea of what the problem might be, because at this point I sure don't.

Quote:
Steve do I need any patches for Silent Hunter's games ? because i didn't install any patches
How new are the copies you own? SH3 and SH4 are older now, so if you just bought them they should already be fully patched.

SH5 is still brand-new, so you will need the 1.2 patch to get the latest updates.

JSGME doesn't care about that, just in case that was what you meant.
Old 07-30-10, 04:25 PM   #27
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Looks like you have the mods folder and JSGME in your My Documents and they should be in your c:\program files\ubisoft\silent hunter x\ folder or wherever you installed the game. JSGME tells you what directory it is running from in that screenshot.
Old 08-01-10, 02:19 AM   #28
JScones
Navy Seal

^ Yes, this.
Old 08-01-10, 09:20 AM   #29
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Thank you both. I never would have noticed that.
Old 08-02-10, 03:18 AM   #30
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Added: now displays a prompt if JSGME cannot enable or disable mod files (ie because they are open)
I might have to reverse this. Historically I have used the rawest, lowest level system functions to copy and move files. To implement this feature, I have had to use higher level wrappers (which add overhead such as checking whether the file/folder is open and showing a "Try again" message box if it is)...which has resulting is a massive performance decrease. Mods that currently take 1 second to enable now can take 40 seconds, all so that JSGME can trap the situation when users have files open.

Given the unlikelihood that you will have mod or game files open (unless you are a modder), then I don't think this enhancement is worth the performance hit. Thus I will rollback this particular change and remind all users (direct from the User Guide):

Make sure you close all mod and game files before enabling or disabling mods. Not doing so may result in integrity problems and possible game corruption as locked files are ignored by JSGME.