SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-10, 01:06 AM   #16
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

20m of water must be it! I was testing in shallow water, so it never got to 20m to execute the turn. That's why it was going down, it was hitting bottom (no damage, no message YAY SH5!) and stopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I'm about to head off to bed here soon. What's the first impressions and all so far?
I like it so far. The extra message window stuff is nice. Getting used to information being bottom left instead of bottom right. I'll try a real patrol tomorrow with it and post more.

Last edited by kylania; 03-25-10 at 01:19 AM.
kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 01:09 AM   #17
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
20m of water must be it! I was testing in shallow water, so it never got to 20m to execute the turn. That's why it was going down, it was hitting bottom (no damage, no message YAY SH5!) and stopping.
in the next release I'll add some script code that disables those emergency maneuvers unless depth under keel is at least 25m.

I'm about to head off to bed here soon. What's the first impressions and all so far?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 01:27 AM   #18
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

Thanks!! I like SH5 Enhanced with all dials. Can't wait to try this one out
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 01:30 AM   #19
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

One thing I would like everyone to do is play with all the options I made available to you, especially the ones dealing with the mini-map. I didn't test those (the mini-map ones) extensively so I need some feedback on them
Old 03-25-10, 01:38 AM   #20
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

My Initial Observations (using SH5 enhanced):

Mods I had to merge back in that should really should be in it alreaday:
No Player Guidance Icons
No Crosshair (the main FPS style crosshair)
No Binocular Crosshair

1. How do i remove the officer icons?
I dont need them. I have everything i need set to hotkeys. Im looking through the mod's config script and i dont see any options for it.

Also, I was playing with the officer icons and i had the game crash on me twice. It happened when i was playing with man the flack gun. I was toggling the flack gun on and off with the F6 key and then issuing orders via the officer icons. The hokeys method always mans the flack gun, but someitmes after using that hotkey, the officer icon command didn't work.. and twice it crashed the game. Haven't figured out the correct sequence of key pushes and orders that does it yet. Nor will i continue testing it because the game takes forever to load LOL.

2. TAI behvaiour
Guess im going to have to mod my custom version back in. Mine seemed to be alittle smarter, especially when leaving the navmap.

3. Heading Tape
Think i might reverse the heading increment key behviour.
I want the normal keys to be 1 degree changes.. and 5 degree with ctrl. Im not normally more than 5 degrees off the desired heading i wanted. Usually im off by only 1 or 2 degrees.

There's probably more, but i guess this will do for now.

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 01:39 AM   #21
Junglist
Watch

Downloads: 21

Thanks!

Suggestion: would be nice if you raise up this annoying "button" "Break lock", because it disturbing me while i'm using stadimeter. Turning those "Lock|break lock|switch target" off would be nice too.
I know about separate mod about this thing, but want to see this in yours. And again — thanks a lot, very nice work!
Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 01:44 AM   #22
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglist View Post
Thanks!

Suggestion: would be nice if you raise up this annoying "button" "Break lock", because it disturbing me while i'm using stadimeter. Turning those "Lock|break lock|switch target" off would be nice too.
I know about separate mod about this thing, but want to see this in yours. And again — thanks a lot, very nice work!
yes those will be addresses quickly. I just ran out of time and 'feature creep' was setting in horribly so I had to finalize on a base version. What you have is the base version. This gives me time to see what bugs and all you all find so that I can (hopefully) correct them also.
Old 03-25-10, 01:47 AM   #23
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
My Initial Observations (using SH5 enhanced):

Mods I had to merge back in that should really should be in it alreaday:
No Player Guidance Icons
No Crosshair (the main FPS style crosshair)
No Binocular Crosshair

1. How do i remove the officer icons?
I dont need them. I have everything i need set to hotkeys. Im looking through the mod's config script and i dont see any options for it.

Also, I was playing with the officer icons and i had the game crash on me twice. It happened when i was playing with man the flack gun. I was toggling the flack gun on and off with the F6 key and then issuing orders via the officer icons. The hokeys method always mans the flack gun, but someitmes after using that hotkey, the officer icon command didn't work.. and twice it crashed the game. Haven't figured out the correct sequence of key pushes and orders that does it yet.
1. I'll add an option via the options file to disable them in the next release. I didn't really leave an easy way to disable them in the files.

The crashing part I find very interesting. Never once did I experience any kind of crash. If you can find the sequence of keys that caused it that would help me to see if it's a problem on my end or not.

and what does your TAI do differently in behavior than mine? I'm open to any and all comments/criticisms/suggestions.
Old 03-25-10, 01:58 AM   #24
TopCat
Helmsman

Downloads: 113

Hi Dark Wraith

Absoultely fabulous! Thank you very much. I will test it all out tonight after work.

For your next version:
What about adding those tube door switches? That would be very cool!
And have you already tried to make the dials for starboard and port engines operable separatedly?

Thanks again for your great work! It's a huge step to make this game worth playing!
TopCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 02:00 AM   #25
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Hi Dark Wraith

Absoultely fabulous! Thank you very much. I will test it all out tonight after work.

For your next version:
What about adding those tube door switches? That would be very cool!
And have you already tried to make the dials for starboard and port engines operable separatedly?

Thanks again for your great work! It's a huge step to make this game worth playing!
yeah I almost forgot about the tube door switches. I'll add it to my list in post #2. Thanks

As far as the seperate engines, I'm going to call on someone to try and implement that for me for I have given him some knowledge on how to add dials.....I think he knows who I am talking about.....I could do it (if it's possible) but would rather let this one person take it on as a challenge for themselves.
Old 03-25-10, 02:01 AM   #26
de vliegende hollander
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

looks again great many thanks from the netherlands
Old 03-25-10, 02:05 AM   #27
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
I like it so far. The extra message window stuff is nice. Getting used to information being bottom left instead of bottom right. I'll try a real patrol tomorrow with it and post more.
via the options script file (TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py) you can make the message window bigger or smaller. It's suit to taste
Old 03-25-10, 02:15 AM   #28
gutted
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
and what does your TAI do differently in behavior than mine? I'm open to any and all comments/criticisms/suggestions.
Other than which keys do what, not a whole lot except for what happens when you leave the nav map:

1. If the TAI map is half-open it returns to half open when leaving the nav map.
2. If the TAI is minimized, it's returns to minimized when you leave the nav map.
3. If the TAI is maximized, what you get when leaving the nav map depends on what it was before it was maximized.

.ie

If you maximized it from a minimized state, leaving the navmap will minimize it.

If you maximized it from a half open state, leaving the navmap will knock it down to half-open when you leave the navmap.

My hotkey behaviour is like this:
TAB toggles between half-open & minimized
SHIFT+TAB toggles between maximized & minimized
Hitting TAB while maximized knocks it down to half open.

Not everyone will like those key changes though.

p.s. I remember you mentioning the TAI map won't auto-open when entering scopes.It still opens though.

Anyway, i've already customized the mod to my liking... just need to kill those floating officer icons.

Last edited by gutted; 03-25-10 at 02:27 AM.
Old 03-25-10, 02:26 AM   #29
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
Other than which keys do what, not a whole lot except for what happens when you leave the nav map:

1. If the TAI map is half-open it returns to half open when leaving the nav map.
2. If the TAI is minimized, it's returns to minimized when you leave the nav map.
3. If the TAI is maximized, what you get when leaving the nav map depends on what it was before it was maximized.
I'm a little confused here. When I click on the navigation map icon in the top right corner, the TAI minimizes. When I click on the nav map icon again in top right corner to leave the nav map, the TAI restores to it's previous state. That's how I coded it. That's how I see it working. I don't know why it isn't working that way for you.
Old 03-25-10, 02:42 AM   #30
gutted
The Old Man

Probably because i dont click on things.. i use hotkeys.

I normally open it with the "M" key.. . and leave it with Escape (or sometimes pushing M again).

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui