SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-10, 10:47 AM   #31
Stepe47
Watch

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Maybe I am a bit OT here but how or where do you get the german language pack? I bought a SH5 with english language and italian subtitles... well it's crazy to hear ppl speaking english in a german sub - I hate it!
oh and... re you sound mod Stormfly, did u put background submarine noise other than just water bubbles (sounds too strange) when you open the map?
Thank you, looking forward to d/l and use this mod soon
Stepe47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 10:48 AM   #32
Barosx2
Seaman

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
...that is Johann the spook (Erwin Leder), watch the movie
I have so much to learn

and the SHIFT+ S is genius, Not sure what they are on about but sounds like fun
Barosx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 10:55 AM   #33
cherbert
Engineer

Downloads: 86

The crashing to desktop happened again when clicking on the Crash Dive icon. It seems to be random and doesn't always happen. I can't pinpoint what I'm doing that then causes the issue.

Anyway... I disabled my on board sound card and put in a SoundBlaster Audigy. Problem still happened. So I don't think this is soundcard related.

I hope at some point someone else experiences this.

I am running the following mods...

Accurate German Flags
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo
OldStyleSHControls_1_2_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Church's SHV 1.01 Keyboard Commands v1.1
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.0
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.0
Interior working dials v1.0.3

Running Intel Core2Duo, Windows 7, 4gb Memory, ATI 5770 1gb Video Card
cherbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 10:55 AM   #34
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barosx2 View Post
I might reinstall it in German, it would be well worth it..But would everything still be written in English?

While reading this thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163048 If I read it right. Deactivate your mod..put these voices folder in and then re-activeate your Mod?
the problem is, you would copy unpatched voice files to your installation, as they come from your install disk or file. If the first patch is taking care of some of this files, you would miss them, also a new patch could exchange your german voices to new patched english ones... so i recommend a reinstall.

EDIT: German Voice pack is selectable by custom installation, also if running under Vista or WIN7, make shure not to install to \Programm files\... use maybe c:\games\SH5 because of system restrictions in the original path.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 10:57 AM   #35
lumat83
Frogman

Downloads: 121

Quote:
ohh, as i tryed to have a fitting sound for that, it only play with keystroke, so i misused this funtion to play the **** chat sound... ok ok, i have to learn phyton for adding new sounds .

would be nice if you could tell me which other mods you installed, maybe one of the new TDC mods ? perhaps one of the scripts are simulating keystrokes or use a different command to set torpedo speed. Let me know so i can fix it or exchange it with a fitting short sound in the next version.

meanwhile, just delete the sound entry in section "cmd328" of commands.cfg.
I use many graphic mods.

maybe :

OldStyleSHControls_1_3_0_TDC

For now, I've removed the sound entry in this section.
lumat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 11:02 AM   #36
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbert View Post
The crashing to desktop happened again when clicking on the Crash Dive icon.
...is it also happening by pressing the key for it "C" ?

try the following:

reinstall direct x, it is on your game disc or install file \Support\DirectX\dxsetup.exe, reboot.

go to SH5 sound options screen, set "3D channels" slider to the entire left, restart the game.

Old 03-13-10, 11:07 AM   #37
Church SUBSIM
Weps

Downloads: 120
Uploads: 4

The sounds of the waves and wind plus the metal plate slapping in storms is perfect! I also love the sounds of the torps being fired.

The only two things I didn't care for were the interior ambient sounds and the shift+s sounds, but that is just me, as I am sure others will love it!

This is a very good mod - thanks for sharing it! I will make a keyboard graphic update for you and send you a pm when it's done if you like (adding your new keys)

Thanks!

Church SUBSIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 11:17 AM   #38
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church SUBSIM View Post
The sounds of the waves and wind plus the metal plate slapping in storms is perfect! I also love the sounds of the torps being fired.

The only two things I didn't care for were the interior ambient sounds and the shift+s sounds, but that is just me, as I am sure others will love it!

This is a very good mod - thanks for sharing it! I will make a keyboard graphic update for you and send you a pm when it's done if you like (adding your new keys)

Thanks!
Thanks Church,

...but iam not so shure if i am happy with my current method of adding new sounds using keystrokes (especialy Shift+S) as they may conflicting with other mods... let me think about a different method

Old 03-13-10, 11:19 AM   #39
cherbert
Engineer

Downloads: 86

Quote:
...is it also happening by pressing the key for it "C" ?

try the following:

reinstall direct x, it is on your game disc or install file \Support\DirectX\dxsetup.exe, reboot.

go to SH5 sound options screen, set "3D channels" slider to the entire left, restart the game.
I cannot re-install DirectX as its built into Win7 and is DX11.

I have already tried moving the 3D Channels to the entire left. I have also switched off the realistic sound travel box too.

I have been playing around and think I have nailed when its happening. It seems to always happen when crash diving from periscope depth only. I removed your mod and tried the same it didn't crash. Put your mod on, dive to periscope depth and hit crash dive and it crashes.

See if it does it for you at periscope depth.

Got to pop out for an hour but I will try the 'C' key when I get back.
cherbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 11:20 AM   #40
Sgtmonkeynads
Ships Secretary

Downloads: 614

Could you tie it to a certain speed in time comprestion ? Long voyage, high speed, haveing the crew jokeing and laughing in the background would be very natural.
Old 03-13-10, 11:20 AM   #41
lumat83
Frogman

Downloads: 121

Another problem on my system with the **** chat sound (I removed it from the cmd328 section :

When it start, and until it finished, I can't hear anymore any order voices.
lumat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 11:27 AM   #42
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtmonkeynads View Post
Could you tie it to a certain speed in time comprestion ? Long voyage, high speed, haveing the crew jokeing and laughing in the background would be very natural.
the problem is that sounds are not played well if TC is on, ithink thats why the developers put the background and engine sounds off in 2D map screen but it should only turned off by using TC higher than 32x, also thats why my 2D map sound is relative short.

Old 03-13-10, 11:32 AM   #43
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumat83 View Post
Another problem on my system with the **** chat sound (I removed it from the cmd328 section :

When it start, and until it finished, I can't hear anymore any order voices.
yes, that was the reason i bound it to the navigator, strange that also the other officers are effected, but at least the commands are executed. Any way this sound should only be played in save boring waiting situations. Shure i could play it from the grammophone in stereo, but its not 3D then anymore, and i thougt it would be nice to have a bit of 3D effect by walking and so on... i think about to grap a new stereo version for the grammophone...

Old 03-13-10, 11:41 AM   #44
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbert View Post
I cannot re-install DirectX as its built into Win7 and is DX11.

I have already tried moving the 3D Channels to the entire left. I have also switched off the realistic sound travel box too.

I have been playing around and think I have nailed when its happening. It seems to always happen when crash diving from periscope depth only. I removed your mod and tried the same it didn't crash. Put your mod on, dive to periscope depth and hit crash dive and it crashes.

See if it does it for you at periscope depth.

Got to pop out for an hour but I will try the 'C' key when I get back.
another workarround for you:

the crash dive command is only to be executed from surface, its not realistic to do so from any other dept. You should use the dive command "D".

Last edited by Stormfly; 03-15-10 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-13-10, 12:11 PM   #45
Church SUBSIM
Weps

Downloads: 120
Uploads: 4

This is a very good mod - thanks for sharing it! I will make a keyboard graphic update for you and send you a pm when it's done if you like (adding your new keys although I am having issues saving a proper .dds all of a sudden)

Thanks!

Church SUBSIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite