SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-02-22, 01:29 AM   #1
RandomUser5752
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default Permission to create an addon for Dotmod?

Hello everyone! I'm still kinda new here, so I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere I haven't seen. I've been interested in creating a campaign mod for Cold Waters, specifically as an addon for the Dotmod mod. Is there someone I need to get permission from to do this, and if so, who?
RandomUser5752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 01:48 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

RandomUser5752!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-23, 08:44 PM   #3
HobbitJack
Watch

Downloads: 135

It would seem our README didn't get properly copied to the latest version of the mod, but our Distribution section is supposed to read as follows:

## DISTRIBUTION
If planning to distribute the main mod without modification, you may do so under the condition that you link to the GitHub page and not to any mirror, torrent, or other distribution.
If planning to distribute the main mod with modification, you may do so under the condition that you also provide a link to the unmodified version found on the GitHub and not to any mirror, torrent, or other distribution.
If planning to distribute a modification to the main mod separately from the main mod, no restrictions are provided on your work. However, you are encouraged to provide a link to the GitHub. You may include DotModInstaller.exe as well as a configuration .ini file to allow the modification to be automatically installed to JSGME.
You may copy, edit, delete, add, etc. content under the condition that you do not do so in order to distribute with or for Epic Mod. (Yes Epic, this applies to you. Don't say we didn't warn you.)
- Note that some models are licensed under the Sketchfab license. As per that license you are free to make derivative works of said models, provided that you do not sell them. For a full list of terms, see
HobbitJack is offline   Reply With Quote