SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-22, 07:13 AM   #16
Cy-Fox
SUBSIM Mod (CW+Discord)

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 0

Neal: I don't take orders from you.

Call it whatever you like, I'm getting my Crush Depth Blend.

Neal: You are making such a mistake.

I'm getting my Crush Depth Blend.

Cy-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 07:58 AM   #17
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
@ Neal

Shakes head. You can mess with a lot of things but when you mess with someone's coffee, that's when it gets real and Will Smith comes out a slappin'.

I think this will be the new catch phrase: " Don't make me get all Will Smith on ya. "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy-Fox View Post
Neal: I don't take orders from you.

Call it whatever you like, I'm getting my Crush Depth Blend.

Neal: You are making such a mistake.

I'm getting my Crush Depth Blend.

Best replies. ever.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 04-01-22 at 08:06 AM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 08:00 AM   #18
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Can't wait to fill my cup up

Otto Harkaman is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 08:31 AM   #19
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
It's only 22:52 and I want my money back or the damned coffee.....

You'd be a fool not to ask for it.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 08:31 AM   #20
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Let say we "invent" such a coffee with a smell and taste of oil and other things you can smell on a sub-main taste and smell will be coffee.
Would it sell ??

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 09:27 AM   #21
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Ltn Col Killgore Naplam Coffee ho man now ya talking

Nothing else smells like it in the morning the Smell of Victory
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 09:42 AM   #22
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

The exquisite Colombian variant is arriving via express sub delivery. Preorder your high flight blend.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 10:01 AM   #23
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun Marco
my brain was fuzzy when i replied to your earlier and so i answered your question from a different aspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
Proof: erudite men need a cuppa-Joe in the AM before commencing higher math concepts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleunmarco
yes, sir, even erudite men need a boost to bootstrap their brains, now-and-then!
Jeeze! I was hoping this was a real deal...and we could name one blend Aktung's CuppaJoe My dad, a chemical engineer, made instant coffee For 20 years in MPLS for most of the nation's supermarket chains and military K-rations; the blend was mostly his-calibrated on his Scotchaholic'd taste-buds alone!!? His employment deferment from the 1950 Korean war was his value as a "creator of coffee and tea rations as a considerable military morale booster"; which kept him out of MIG-bait B-29s... hence my 1951 arrival on the planet??!! There's nuthin I don't know...or 'preciate 'bout the bean. Makin' the morning pot is the the last act of my day before turning in.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-01-22 at 11:40 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 10:28 AM   #24
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Jeeze! I was hoping this was a real deal...and we could name one blend Aktung's CuppaJoe My dad, a chemical engineer, made instant coffee For 20 years in MPLS for most of the nation's supermarket chains and military K-rations; the blend was mostly his calibrated on his taste-buds; his employment deferment from the 1950 Korean war was his value as a "creator of coffee and tea rations as a considerable military morale booster"; which kept him out of MIG-bait B-29s... hence my 1951 arrival on the planet??!! There's nuthin I don't know,,,or 'preciate 'bout the bean. Makin' the morning pot is the the last act of my day before turning in.
My mum made the strongest cup of coffee I have ever had. I had stopped at her home one time as we were going somewhere. She politely asked if I would like a cup of coffee and I would replied that I would never turn that down. I poured a generous amount of half and half in the coffee and it stayed black.

I asked her how many scoops of coffee she put in the coffee machine. She replied, Oh, I don't know, maybe 9 or 10. I added about 3/4 more water to my cup and still got heart burn.

Today, my coffee consumption is 1-2 cups per day. I use the Kuerig machine as it doesn't make sense to make a lot of coffee. If I make a pot of coffee, I will drink it. The rest of the time, I drink " bug juice" and or ice water. My physician told me during a doctor visit that too much coffee was making me jittery and irritable.

I asked him how he could tell and how was that different than any other time.

@ Neal. I have to admit that you once again had me on your April fools scam. Every year in Subsim, I say, it won't happen next year. You won't get me next year. Yeah, right.

My bad.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 11:45 AM   #25
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
@ Neal. I have to admit that you once again had me on your April fools scam. Every year in Subsim, I say, it won't happen next year. You won't get me next year. Yeah, right.

My bad.
U realize U gotta start taking Aricept with yer morning caffeine jolt to remember this a year from now?!! Or, he'll get U again fer sure BBY!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 04-01-22, 11:48 AM   #26
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Jeeze! I was hoping this was a real deal...and we could name one blend Aktung's CuppaJoe My dad, a chemical engineer, made instant coffee For 20 years in MPLS for most of the nation's supermarket chains and military K-rations; the blend was mostly his-calibrated on his Scotchaholic'd taste-buds alone!!? His employment deferment from the 1950 Korean war was his value as a "creator of coffee and tea rations as a considerable military morale booster"; which kept him out of MIG-bait B-29s... hence my 1951 arrival on the planet??!! There's nuthin I don't know...or 'preciate 'bout the bean. Makin' the morning pot is the the last act of my day before turning in.
You could always show your support for Mitt Romney and Bain Capital:

The official bird of the state of Massachusetts.

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 12:17 PM   #27
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Icon9 reveille 1860's style

My dad's brutal cowboy coffee hyper caffeine-fix on campouts was also favorite for my Civil War reenactors 14th Tennessee company 3day outings: one full pot of water brought to a boil over the fire; one cup ground french roast beans poured in; two egg shell to settle the grounds; pour into regulation tin cups-serves 10... hardtack biscuit optional! made for a lotta laggerd "Coffee Coolers'' not marchin' into battle!
Quote:
Coffee cooler: Soldiers who hid behind the battle lines during combat, brewing, drinking coffee until the danger was passed.
We won't even discuss the long nights 40 years trukkin' or security details using straight-up black java to stay wide---awake & bushy-tailed over the road or on the job; I don't take sugar of cream! ...

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-01-22 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-01-22, 12:50 PM   #28
Raptor_Pilot
WORST. KALEUN. EVER.

Downloads: 68

Awesome! We can call the decaf the 'Dud Torpedo' blend, or 'Special Mark 14 Mixture'.

I appreciate the coffee humor, and hope you all have a happy April 1st.
Raptor_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 02:46 PM   #29
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default welcome back!

Raptor_Pilot! nuthin' like a hot cuppa joe to bring U to the surface after 2 years!...in typical mancave style>

Old 04-01-22, 02:55 PM   #30
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

We have a gathering where we drink kaffekask

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karsk

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote