SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-06-21, 12:41 PM   #16
itsjero
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Jesus thats a lot of tubes. I thought i was king of the seas rolling around in my seawolf with 8 tubes and of course some edited .txt files that lets me have weapons not on a "stock" seawolf with their own parameters along with tons of changes throughout the game via .txt file editing.

One of the big reasons i love cold waters so much ( other than the fact it has current subs and weapons ) is the fact you can "mod" it by editing text files and custom tailor the game to your liking and even things up a bit ( noise makers/ decoys ) or make a super sub or anything else you want to do.

But yeah, 14 tubes is insane. Sounds like i need to dig into the akula a bit and take your information ( thank you btw ) that you posted here and edit an akula for my russian install ( i have a russian and US navy install that pimps out the subs / weapons /etc for that particular navy so if i want to play some typhoon hunt for red october type stuff i can, and then i can also play my US "install" where i can use my seawolf/ohio/los angeles class subs with their edits (.txt files ) for weaponry and how the sub drives and acts etc .

But yeah, gonna use your akula stuff for my russian navy install and make it a most formidable foe. Thanks again for what youve done as its no easy task. Heck the only mod thing ive really done, not a mod at all really, is editing txt files, and of course editing the in game music so it plays some of the music from the hunt for red october and some other music i selected from the Hunter/Killer movie to make the game more immersive.
itsjero is offline   Reply With Quote