SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-22, 06:30 PM   #4231
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815
Uploads: 0

Icon14

Good evening friends ...
thank you for the update ...
for my part departure "Surabaya" class Salomon USS Seadragon ss194
2 months at sea at the start of 1942 ...
25 backup ..no "ctd" .. no problem
the weather seems to be working .. the crews too ... (in bad weather, dress in their rain gear ..)
personally the night is really too bright ... !! compared to the Bubblehead Trigger Maru Overhauled Update BH ... which is very good ...

Kal_Maximus_U669 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 07:52 PM   #4232
goldmastersims
Bosun

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I have never had or heard of that before, but to attempt to trace it down, we need the usual information. I can see on the NavMap that this ship was just east and north of 119-10 and 023-49, so we have the location of the incident. However, we need what submarine you were in, where you sailed from, and the date, at a minimum. It appears you were involved in a surface engagement with the Otori, putting your boat and crew in unnecessary danger, which is against Departmental regulations and guidelines, so you are to report to appropriate authority upon termination of patrol. Please clarify your attack... lol - In the meantime though, using JSGME, click on the "Tasks..." link, "Export activated mods list to -->" and "Clipboard", then paste that info into your next post so we can see the mod combination you have to attempt to recreate the incident.

Now had this happened prior to your applying the patch, or had you applied the patch? The patch would possibly interfere with a Salmon boat out of Cavite in 1941, but that should be about it. Stranger things happen with this game though... Let us know! Thanks.

You are welcome, and any issues, please let us know! We'll be trying to do a combined mix later today. Thanks.
I was in a Porpoise. The engagement started between 0030 and 0045 hours on December 30, 1941 and ended at 0052 hours. Yes, I did engage it with the deck gun. However, I had managed to stay undetected at >4000yd even when it was firing star shells to find me.

There was also another incident where this happened beforehand. It was slightly to the southwest of this point but still in this Taiwan Strait patrol zone. It took place during afternoon around 5-7 days before this engagement There was an Otori accompanied by either a Minekaze or Momi DE. I successfully torpedoed both of them while submerged and undetected from ~3000yd. I pointed the hydrophone at the sinking Otori after the moment of destruction, and a CTD happened just like right after this screenshot.

I have not applied any of the patches in this thread so far.

Here's my mod list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7

So I only have FOTRSU 1.7 right now. But if you need me to test with the new patch, I'm up for it.

Edit: It also happens with the patch.
goldmastersims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 09:49 PM   #4233
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Thanks for the details. It does "sound" then (sorry, bad pun), like it is the early hydrophone. I have not tested the V or S boats yet, but probably them also. This does point to the sensors file, so if we can find it, it should just be the one thing... maybe...

In the meantime, I don't know if you noticed on my earlier confirmation post, that it doesn't matter what you point the hydrophone to apparently, because I spun my boat's hydrophone past the subs screws, and got a CTD when it registered that sound... Hopefully we find this fast.

In the meantime:
DO NOT USE YOUR HYDROPHONE WHILE A SHIP IS SINKING NEARBY
until we find the culprit.

We'll try to get more specific details shortly, but pointing at any sound while an Otari Torpedo Boat is sinking is a definite CTD, no matter your mod load-out. Thanks again for the detaiils goldmastersims.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 10:08 PM   #4234
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Thanks for the details. It does "sound" then (sorry, bad pun), like it is the early hydrophone. I have not tested the V or S boats yet, but probably them also. This does point to the sensors file, so if we can find it, it should just be the one thing... maybe...

In the meantime, I don't know if you noticed on my earlier confirmation post, that it doesn't matter what you point the hydrophone to apparently, because I spun my boat's hydrophone past the subs screws, and got a CTD when it registered that sound... Hopefully we find this fast.

In the meantime:
DO NOT USE YOUR HYDROPHONE WHILE A SHIP IS SINKING NEARBY
until we find the culprit.

We'll try to get more specific details shortly, but pointing at any sound while an Otari Torpedo Boat is sinking is a definite CTD, no matter your mod load-out. Thanks again for the detaiils goldmastersims.
here is your culprit.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 10:11 PM   #4235
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Good evening friends ...
the weather seems to be working .. the crews too ... (in bad weather, dress in their rain gear ..)
personally the night is really too bright ... !! compared to the Bubblehead Trigger Maru Overhauled Update BH ... which is very good ...
Have you tried adjusting the Gamma setting in the Video Options to lower the light level?

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 10:28 PM   #4236
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
here is your culprit.
Oh, gremlins are easy compared to BERNARD!!!

Quick Question

Mystery Solved

There were rumors of a picture of him having been found, but someone spilled coffee on it, and it is no longer usable...

Old 01-12-22, 10:38 PM   #4237
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Good evening friends ...

[pic]

[pic]

[pic]

[pic]

[pic]

[pic]

[pic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Have you tried adjusting the Gamma setting in the Video Options to lower the light level?
Beautiful screen grabs, Kal_Maximus_U669. Glad you like it, but beware as noted above, about the sonar. A conscious effort was made to have the nights lit by the moon a bit more than is "natural", since that was a "complaint" early about the FOTRS v2 environment. As torpedobait mentions though, move the gamma control just a pinch to the left (not much at all), and you'll be back at it. I'll see if I can find any old notes on the way it used to be set, but it seems to me that all we did was changed the GFXSettings.cfg file's "GammaCorrection=" line from about 48 to 50, which is the Stock figure. It has no bearing on the environment, only on the apparent darkness of the display - I think that's all we did. I'll try to find out more...

Old 01-12-22, 11:56 PM   #4238
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Oh, gremlins are easy compared to BERNARD!!!

Quick Question

Mystery Solved

There were rumors of a picture of him having been found, but someone spilled coffee on it, and it is no longer usable...
firstly, "anything that can go wrong will go wrong" is Murphy's Law of Probability. Always has been...always will be. Even when i was in the USN, Murphy was alive and well. Murphy was my roommate for all three sessions of Plebe summer. Him and the summer weather. Ghastly.

secondly, prior to firstly, Where Eagles Dare is not that good of a movie. Clint Eastwood has six lines, maybe seven. Burton is clearly hammered for 90% of the film. the screenplay adaption of the book is horrible. Read the book....it is much better than the movie and i believe that it has more explicit sex scenes than the implied sex in the movie.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 12:57 AM   #4239
phooey
A-ganger

Downloads: 225

Hello FORTSU team, NBB_Richelieu is missing its search lights.
phooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 01:37 AM   #4240
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
firstly, "anything that can go wrong will go wrong" is Murphy's Law of Probability. Always has been...always will be. Even when i was in the USN, Murphy was alive and well. Murphy was my roommate for all three sessions of Plebe summer. Him and the summer weather. Ghastly.

secondly, prior to firstly, Where Eagles Dare is not that good of a movie. Clint Eastwood has six lines, maybe seven. Burton is clearly hammered for 90% of the film. the screenplay adaption of the book is horrible. Read the book....it is much better than the movie and i believe that it has more explicit sex scenes than the implied sex in the movie.

That was a ghastly movie (I never wanted to read the book because of it), but it does explain Bernard... unless you subscribe to the theory that since Neal and Bernard are never seen together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phooey View Post
Hello FORTSU team, NBB_Richelieu is missing its search lights.
Why are you enticing the Richelieu to turn on its search lights then? But thanks, duly noted. We'll attempt to rectify the situation.

- In the meantime, thus far in the sonar issue, if you find a Chidori or and Otari (Chidori II) Torpedo Boat, either do not use magnetic pistols on them, or do not point your sonar at anything after they take the deep six dive and go below the water. We are just starting to look for the issue, but seemingly have it isolated. If the ships do not sink, no problem.

Old 01-13-22, 07:06 AM   #4241
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default Fotrs 1.7

Thank you Propbeanie for your advice ...
I have two questions for you
1_or increase the exhaust smoke (I guess you have to go to the "dat" with s3d)
2_or change the interior light in the submarine.
thank you see you soon ... kind regards KM_U669

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 01-13-22 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-13-22, 07:10 AM   #4242
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
yes I have already tried but I will try to tinker with the "GFXSettings.cfg" files and see what happens .. thank you for your advice ..
Old 01-13-22, 07:13 AM   #4243
phooey
A-ganger

Downloads: 225

Quote:

Why are you enticing the Richelieu to turn on its search lights then? But thanks, duly noted. We'll attempt to rectify the situation.
Search lights is a must for a well functioning ship . Anyway there's a typo in nbb_hyuga silhouette filename so it won't show up in rec manual like it suppose to. More bug report is coming.
phooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 10:01 AM   #4244
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by phooey View Post
Search lights is a must for a well functioning ship . Anyway there's a typo in nbb_hyuga silhouette filename so it won't show up in rec manual like it suppose to. More bug report is coming.
Hey phooey,

Nice reports there, both issues have been fixed, expect an update for FotRSU shortly.

And a new version of Nihon Kaigun with that spelling issue and another spelling issue I found will be up ASAP.
Old 01-13-22, 12:56 PM   #4245
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmastersims View Post
I was in a Porpoise. The engagement started between 0030 and 0045 hours on December 30, 1941 and ended at 0052 hours. Yes, I did engage it with the deck gun. However, I had managed to stay undetected at >4000yd even when it was firing star shells to find me.

There was also another incident where this happened beforehand. It was slightly to the southwest of this point but still in this Taiwan Strait patrol zone. It took place during afternoon around 5-7 days before this engagement There was an Otori accompanied by either a Minekaze or Momi DE. I successfully torpedoed both of them while submerged and undetected from ~3000yd. I pointed the hydrophone at the sinking Otori after the moment of destruction, and a CTD happened just like right after this screenshot.

I have not applied any of the patches in this thread so far.

Here's my mod list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7

So I only have FOTRSU 1.7 right now. But if you need me to test with the new patch, I'm up for it.

Edit: It also happens with the patch.
Good reporting goldmastersims,

With the data you provided, we have found the issues, and there were few more ships with the same problems..

We are happy to report, that after primary tests, the issues look to be sorted.