SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-21, 10:37 AM   #2881
:Casper:
Nub

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by william"hawkeye" View Post
I can't seem to download anything off of Subsim directly for whatever reason. is there another website that I can download this mod from?
Same here.. I turned adblock off and even tried with different browsers.
I haven't downloaded anything for a good few months so I couldn't have passed the limit.

Can someone please reup this mod to a reliable file host?
:Casper: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 05:25 PM   #2882
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Did you ID the ships?
the AK was a Kasagissan.
the DD/DE blew up too quickly.

i do NOT think this is a release issue.
as i indicated in my post, it was a narrative and not a criticism.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 06:07 PM   #2883
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by :Casper: View Post
Same here.. I turned adblock off and even tried with different browsers.
I haven't downloaded anything for a good few months so I couldn't have passed the limit.

Can someone please reup this mod to a reliable file host?
It is on a reliable file host. "Security" in the 'modern' computing environment has gotten downright difficult, which is the most likely reason for the change at SubSim - but I don't know for certain. You could PM a mod... I have tried Vivaldi, which is my regular browser, and I had to "whitelist" subsim dot com. I tried Chrome, and I had to whitelist subsim dot com. I tried Opera, I did not have to whitelist (all 3 are built on the same "engine")... I tried IE, and I had to whitelist, but Edge, I did not... go figure. Turning off ad-block is not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
the AK was a Kasagissan.
the DD/DE blew up too quickly.

i do NOT think this is a release issue.
as i indicated in my post, it was a narrative and not a criticism.
Copy that. Just wanted to make certain about the "fixes" that have been completed for the ships and planes.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 06:24 PM   #2884
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
It is on a reliable file host. "Security" in the 'modern' computing environment has gotten downright difficult, which is the most likely reason for the change at SubSim - but I don't know for certain. You could PM a mod... I have tried Vivaldi, which is my regular browser, and I had to "whitelist" subsim dot com. I tried Chrome, and I had to whitelist subsim dot com. I tried Opera, I did not have to whitelist (all 3 are built on the same "engine")... I tried IE, and I had to whitelist, but Edge, I did not... go figure. Turning off ad-block is not enough.

Copy that. Just wanted to make certain about the "fixes" that have been completed for the ships and planes.
Ahoy, propbeanie...

On patrol 9, and came across an interesting thing...

Ran into a 3 merchie grouping & was the lead ship that drew My interest in an unusual thing with it.

Did NOT notice this about it, until it was sunk & the event pop up window showed up..

In the midst of it sinking, what caught My attention to it, was the prop.

It sank bow down & arse end up.. in doing so, I noted that the prop was all into the rudder & the shaft did NOT meet up with the base of the ship where it would exit out the back. To say that is strange, is well off that beaten path...

Just wanted to inform y'all about it so it can be looked at & see of correcting it.

Ship in question is 1 of s7rikeback's babies in the Nippon Maru category.

Namely, Nittoku Maru

Thus far, it is the only weird thing of them, that I have ran into so far...

End report...

M. M.

Old 03-15-21, 06:43 PM   #2885
:Casper:
Nub

Downloads: 103

Quote:
Hmm.. I tried again after a few hours later and now it worked. I literally changed nothing
:Casper: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 07:29 PM   #2886
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Hmm.. I tried again after a few hours later and now it worked. I literally changed nothing
welcome to 21st century computing...courtesy of Microsoft and Google et.al.

glad it worked out for you in the end.

LAA enabled
Old 03-15-21, 09:27 PM   #2887
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default Phantom Damage Strikes Again

At the end of a long patrol, we were hit with the Phantom Damage gremlin again.
We had a capital ship all lined up with our last two torpedoes.
Up scope, lock the data from the scope to the torpedo.
Fire 5. Torpedo tube damaged.
Tube 6 also.
Prior to this time, we took no damage. no one fired a shot at us.
So, when and where did tubes 5 & 6 take damage, along with the sound head?
Very frustrating.

LAA enabled
Old 03-15-21, 10:17 PM   #2888
Comder
Commander

Downloads: 83

Good Day Gentlemen,
I have started my second patrol. I did not think about this before starting the patrol. I would like to know can I install Nippon Maru_Public_Beta_v1_

even though I started a patrol and saved? or do I need to wait till I have completed the 2nd patrol?

Thank you

Comder

Asus ROG Strix Scar G732LXS-XS99
I9 10th GEN, 32gb MEM, RX2080 8GB nvidia, 2TB SSD
Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?
Comder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 11:14 PM   #2889
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
... In the midst of it sinking, what caught My attention to it, was the prop.

It sank bow down & arse end up.. in doing so, I noted that the prop was all into the rudder & the shaft did NOT meet up with the base of the ship where it would exit out the back. To say that is strange, is well off that beaten path...

Just wanted to inform y'all about it so it can be looked at & see of correcting it.

Ship in question is 1 of s7rikeback's babies in the Nippon Maru category.

Namely, Nittoku Maru...
Well, we can't blame him exactly, since that ship is the NKMSS_WarMelody just renamed. But did it perchance look somewhat like this:

Me-thinks we had best turn the shaft to the motorized portion that rotates in the interior, which belches oily smoke, and leave the green energy to the modern era. Of course, I'm not certain I have ever heard of "rudder drive", but there are some crazy ideas out there... You know what, let's do blame s7rikeback!...

Quote:
Excellent! You weren't holding your thumbs in the proper configuration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
At the end of a long patrol, we were hit with the Phantom Damage gremlin again.
We had a capital ship all lined up with our last two torpedoes.
Up scope, lock the data from the scope to the torpedo.
Fire 5. Torpedo tube damaged.
Tube 6 also.
Prior to this time, we took no damage. no one fired a shot at us.
So, when and where did tubes 5 & 6 take damage, along with the sound head?
Very frustrating.

You didn't do what I did last night when sharing a screen with s7rikeback? I went to leave somewhere (been too many tests lately), and with my turn to avoid the bulwark (??) flair at the end of the dock, I turned too hard to port, and the stern gave the dock wall a slap instead... never did have good rudder the rest of the way, both 9 & 10 were out the whole trip. No bulkhead damage, no tube damage, no nothing showing, but it was there. It's almost like the devs were in the middle of building the damage model for the player's subs, and the company came in and said "pencils down! that's it! turn in your work! NOW!"... At least you do have something showing as damaged there. Mine did not... So some aspects of the rudders and dive planes, as well as the exterior doors, are not on the damage report. I don't care if they're repairable or not, just so long as I know they're damaged! Like you, nothing quite like slipping past the screen, sticking the scope up, ordering Fire Six!, only to be told "Uh, sir?... Uh, like uh, the "Fire" thingie won't work sir..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good Day Gentlemen,
I have started my second patrol. I did not think about this before starting the patrol. I would like to know can I install Nippon Maru_Public_Beta_v1_

even though I started a patrol and saved? or do I need to wait till I have completed the 2nd patrol?

Thank you
Definitely do not do it while on patrol. When you come back in, you can try it, but then do not load any previous Saves. You would be better to start a new career when you come back in, or just do a Save now, giving it a memorable name, then add the Nippon Maru, and do the Saves for it similarly, but appending an "NM" into the name, so you know it's a Nippon Maru Saved game... Save the other career for later... ?? - but you really should also clear the Save folder prior to starting the Nippon Maru career, since there are some important changes that might not get properly pulled in if you don't empty the folder...

Old 03-15-21, 11:45 PM   #2890
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:

You didn't do what I did last night when sharing a screen with s7rikeback? I went to leave somewhere (been too many tests lately), and with my turn to avoid the bulwark (??) flair at the end of the dock, I turned too hard to port, and the stern gave the dock wall a slap instead... never did have good rudder the rest of the way, both 9 & 10 were out the whole trip. No bulkhead damage, no tube damage, no nothing showing, but it was there. It's almost like the devs were in the middle of building the damage model for the player's subs, and the company came in and said "pencils down! that's it! turn in your work! NOW!"... At least you do have something showing as damaged there. Mine did not... So some aspects of the rudders and dive planes, as well as the exterior doors, are not on the damage report. I don't care if they're repairable or not, just so long as I know they're damaged! Like you, nothing quite like slipping past the screen, sticking the scope up, ordering Fire Six!, only to be told "Uh, sir?... Uh, like uh, the "Fire" thingie won't work sir..."
no, i did not.
it is well documented that i am a splendid ship handler.
there is no slapping of docks or piers when i am driving the boat.
this was the Phantom Damage Gremlin, and if i ever catch that little bastage.......

LAA enabled
Old 03-15-21, 11:57 PM   #2891
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Well, we can't blame him exactly, since that ship is the NKMSS_WarMelody just renamed. But did it perchance look somewhat like this:

Me-thinks we had best turn the shaft to the motorized portion that rotates in the interior, which belches oily smoke, and leave the green energy to the modern era. Of course, I'm not certain I have ever heard of "rudder drive", but there are some crazy ideas out there... You know what, let's do blame s7rikeback!...
Yeah, that would be it.. the exact look... not.. natural... *quoting Shiv Palpatine aka the Emperor*

M. M.

Old 03-16-21, 12:06 AM   #2892
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good Day Gentlemen,

Thank you

Comder
Yeah +1 with what propbeanie said.. is best to not be on patrol.

Since you're only what... 1 patrol out, is best to add the Nippon mod in, delete the save game folder & just restart out on patrol.

Of course, that does NOT include needing to restart a patrol when the new update for FotRS comes out... though... as no idea if that will be back compatible with game saves now with v1.39 of FotRS.

Don't recall if propbeanie did say if it would be or not.. as there have been a lot of posts lately... & I'm doing good right now, to even remember My own name most days...

M. M.

Old 03-16-21, 11:08 AM   #2893
propbeanie

Quote:
Yeah, that would be it.. the exact look... not.. natural... *quoting Shiv Palpatine aka the Emperor*

M. M.

The "fix" is in... I do wonder though, what they were thinking when it came to that stern section?... lots of "ripples" in the artwork... need to take it back to the body shop for some poly straightening...

Quote:
Yeah +1 with what propbeanie said.. is best to not be on patrol.

Since you're only what... 1 patrol out, is best to add the Nippon mod in, delete the save game folder & just restart out on patrol.

Of course, that does NOT include needing to restart a patrol when the new update for FotRS comes out... though... as no idea if that will be back compatible with game saves now with v1.39 of FotRS.

Don't recall if propbeanie did say if it would be or not.. as there have been a lot of posts lately... & I'm doing good right now, to even remember My own name most days...
No, of necessity, not backwards compatible... unfortunately, there were too many egregious errors in the Flotillas.upc file. That alone does "compatibility" in. - plus there are other changes. First glances though, and vickers03's new officer's quarters mod looks mostly compatible, with just the loss of a few things. I'm still trying to "test" a gun upgrade though, but keep getting sunk by planes or running into docks... - We have also re-worked the US west coast bases for incorporation, for those wanting to get an "early" boat... but we are dropping the 3-mission Sea Trials for all but a few boats / locations, since due to game engine variations, you cannot depend upon being in-base for a set number of days, no matter what you do. It might be 17 days, it might 24. The game spits-out what it wants to do in that regard, even if the minimum is set to 24, you don't always get 24 days... ah well.

Old 03-16-21, 12:45 PM   #2894
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default New boat Porpoise from Sargo but no deck gun

After accepting new boat, Porpoise, in Surabaya, Feb '42, I had no deck gun.
Is this a known issue with v1.39?

Last edited by jldjs; 03-16-21 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-16-21, 07:10 PM   #2895
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
After accepting new boat, Porpoise, in Surabaya, Feb '42, I had no deck gun.
Is this a known issue with v1.39?

Yeaaahhh... do recall a couple of boats, ending up with no deck gun or crew slots & do recall there being a workaround for it.

Can't recall the exact post # for that, though.

Don't recall a Porpoise being 1 of those that ran into that, though...

Can go back about 5 to 10 pages back to take a look see for that post.. or wait & see of getting a response back here.

M. M.