SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-17-15, 04:01 PM   #46
Flaskegaard
Medic

Downloads: 847
Uploads: 0

Cool, thanks everyone, I found it....just curious, are there any more downloadable single missions / scenarios out there? possibly involving merchant convoys? I've played the eight warship encounters in the game about a dozen times each....
Flaskegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-15, 06:31 PM   #47
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

You can get Kriegstanz & Kriegstanz Developer - software made by Floater, to create and play your own single missions.
https://web.archive.org/web/20040814...et/Kriegstanz/

Better hurry:
https://web.archive.org/web/20040808...nz/donate.html

AddBlock or not, the site is blocked if I try directly, so I looked at Archive.org, downloaded all three zips, just scanned them now, and they came out clean. I haven't needed the *.dll file or the other three when I installed Kriegstanz & KD, but downloaded them anyway.

Cdrsubron7, one of the best mission designers for SH made some good missions for PA using Kriegstanz Developer. You could message him, he may still have them...... I may have some too.

All the missions are KTH files.

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

Last edited by aanker; 06-17-15 at 07:03 PM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-15, 10:01 PM   #48
Flaskegaard
Medic

Downloads: 847

I downloaded both...thanks. Now I just need to learn how to use them.....I don't suppose there is a PA version of S3D out there some where....the P, Sargo, and T class are in bad need of a makeover (i.e. deck gun placement, sub color/skins, bridge/conning tower shape), maybe cut down conning towers, etc.... The Gato and Balao are excellent!
Flaskegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 12:02 PM   #49
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaskegaard View Post
I downloaded both...thanks. Now I just need to learn how to use them.....I don't suppose there is a PA version of S3D out there some where....the P, Sargo, and T class are in bad need of a makeover (i.e. deck gun placement, sub color/skins, bridge/conning tower shape), maybe cut down conning towers, etc.... The Gato and Balao are excellent!
In the basement archives at Subsim are the old posts. I use Google site search to find them. It isn't that difficult to learn how to use the KD and create missions or to use Kriegstanz to generate missions created by others, especially Cdrsubron7's.

I know nothing about a tool like S3D for PA.

There is a good S-class add-on created by TLAM Strike that I recommend, if you like the Sugar boats. "S-class_PA_add-on". Here is sergbuto's Readme:
Quote:
This add-on includes:

- Model (JRF), unit (UDF), and system (ADF) files for S-class sub and Mk-10 torpedoes. The model was created by TLAM Strike, textured by 2019, and converted to JRF by Canarb. I somewhat modified UDF and ADF to get them in line with PA requirements.

- Possibility to use this sub in the campaign mode and to create campaign for 1942.

- Possibility to view this type of sub in the Ship Viewer.

- F11 screen (torpedo room) will correctly show torpedoes as beeing of Mk-10 type.

- Specific damage screen. The corresponding TGA was made by Eweber. Note, damage areas will be highlighted coorectly in the damage screen only for 1024 res for now.

INSTALLATION

Files in the archive are already sorted in correct folders. Copy them to the corresponding folders in your installation.

Good hunting,
sergbuto
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 11:06 AM   #50
JOE(USA)
Nub

Downloads: 32

Downloaded original DOS RSR just for old times sake. Odd thing ...... the F9 then three digits for depth setting won't work? I even downloaded and installed a second time, still nothing? I'm trying to run this on a Windows 10
JOE(USA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 11:10 AM   #51
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

JOE(USA)!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-23, 09:53 PM   #52
hps3445
Watch

Downloads: 82

Default Saved game bug (possible work-around)

Hi everyone, I nstalled Pacific Aces and it is running just fine, except for this strange thing; When I start the game from the SH2 exe in the PA Shell folder,
and load a saved game from the "continue saved mission" menu, my game loads with my submarine listing heavily and quickly to the left and then subsequently it sinks and goes to the bottom---mission over. None of my commands are followed, though some stations are usable. The boat just goes nowhere and is swallowed by the sea. Game over. Now, none of this happens when I start up the game from either of the other two Sh2 Shell exe files in the PA Shell folder. The game starts, I go into the saved single mission menu, boot up those same saved missions, and the game works perfectly normal--no problems. Its not a big deal, and I probably would have to reinstall the mod to fix the problem, but I just thought I would radio this in, and if anyone knows any thing more about it they could post it. Otherwise I really love the Mod and am greatful for it. Thanks, Shaun

hps3445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-23, 10:49 PM   #53
hps3445
Watch

Downloads: 82

Default Battery charge indicator and fuel gauge.

Hello, i wanted to ask about a possible bug in PA, either that or i just don't know how the sim works. It has to do with the the battery charge indicator. I ran training mission 1 and 2 and noticed that the red bar doesnt change at all on the battery charge gauge; even after running at 17 meters below the surface for at least 3 to 8 hours under time compression. Same after running the diesel engines at a protracted amount of time. The gauges never shifted one iota. Im thinking they should have shown some movement but perhaps i did not run the sub long enough. It is a training mission and although i turned on the realism settings for the unlimited fuel and unlimited battery i still didnt see any change. Unless i would have to start a new mission for the setting to take effect, i just don't know. If anyone has any ideas of how those gauges are supposed to work, or how to get them working, im here. Let me know. I really appreciate your time and feed back. I think in the mean time ill try to reinstall it and see what happens. Thanks everyone, Shaun

Update: Just a few minutes after i posted this, i tried starting a new mission in default SH2---with the realism settings on for both the battery and fuel gauges; ran at 256 time compression and saw that there was a needle tick mark that moved down the battery charge indicator, that i never saw before as I havent played a Silent Hunter game since almost 2010, and at that never owned it long enough to get aquainted with the gauges and controls until now. Anyway the Diesel gauge needle is also moving, so it seems the crisis is over lol. Thankyou guys. Shaun

Last edited by hps3445; 04-22-23 at 11:14 PM.
hps3445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-23, 04:41 PM   #54
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Glad you solved it, TBH I don't remember by now any of how SH2 works ... so I would have a hard time helping out Man, time sure flies, we did this back in 2004, that is now nearly 20 years ago ...