SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-25-14, 08:10 AM   #76
von faust
Soundman

Downloads: 430
Uploads: 0

Great MegaMOD !!!!
It's all that I want but I have a problem.
(Excuse me for my English )
I have reinstalled all, perform all step perfectly but all bars are disappeared (in the upper right corner and lower left corner).
I have try made some change with OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe (HUD folder) but without success
von faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 10:09 AM   #77
LeeHower
Nub

Downloads: 294
Thanks for this megamod and to all ,who makes the mods implemented in this.
I got one question. I have no option( icon ) for weapon officer to identify my target. Its the part of make as real as possible ( like real navigation ) or i have make some mistake during installation this mod?
Thank you
LeeHower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 10:20 AM   #78
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755
Default Thank you!

I want to thank you vdr1981 for this mod. Finally I can play SH5 without any frustration. I have one request however. Could you list all the hot keys since you have vastly more experience playing with this set up and I have never before really played any SH5 up until now? I find it all somewhat confusing. Also it states that with some of the new commands like the independent engine controls and electric engines on the surface the commands are only available through scripting. What does that actually mean?
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 04:54 PM   #79
Cond
Watch

Downloads: 16

The Mod Pack gives me a CTD after I hit a ship. In the next few mins. I made a save just before the shooting and after I reload the game I get a CTD even before the torpedo exploads. It's very strange for me. Has been CTD free till now. I just installed Stoian's free upgrade mod. Can it be a problem ?

I get this message in event viewer:

Faulting application name: sh5.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x562b9a96
Faulting module name: SHSim.act, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bce9a5c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000819b9
Faulting process ID: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report ID: %13
Faulting package full name: %14

Last edited by Cond; 01-25-14 at 05:20 PM.
Cond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 05:46 PM   #80
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Yes, but I've used WWII U-boat captain binoculars, and they don't have marks on them.
Aaa, marks are problem...Well, it's due to radcapricorn's mod. Maybe we could ask him to remove those marks, that would be really nice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cond View Post
Are Stoian's free upgrade ( renown) mod and voice recognition 1.4 mod compatible with this megamod? Any of these maybe? If I'm fortunate and these are compatible is it okay if I install these two mods after the megamod,and the megamod's patch ?
I'm not sure , I never used them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by von faust View Post
Great MegaMOD !!!!
It's all that I want but I have a problem.
(Excuse me for my English )
I have reinstalled all, perform all step perfectly but all bars are disappeared (in the upper right corner and lower left corner).
I have try made some change with OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe (HUD folder) but without success
Hm, no such problems here, Shift+Z maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHower View Post
Thanks for this megamod and to all ,who makes the mods implemented in this.
I got one question. I have no option( icon ) for weapon officer to identify my target. Its the part of make as real as possible ( like real navigation ) or i have make some mistake during installation this mod?
Thank you
If you really want to use automatic target recognition, which is a bit unrealistic IMO especially because you can recognize a ship 20+km away, install this mod anywhere in patrol or in port ... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4248

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
I want to thank you vdr1981 for this mod. Finally I can play SH5 without any frustration. I have one request however. Could you list all the hot keys since you have vastly more experience playing with this set up and I have never before really played any SH5 up until now? I find it all somewhat confusing. Also it states that with some of the new commands like the independent engine controls and electric engines on the surface the commands are only available through scripting. What does that actually mean?
I rarely use keyboard commands...TDW UI is more then enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cond View Post
The Mod Pack gives me a CTD after I hit a ship. In the next few mins. I made a save just before the shooting and after I reload the game I get a CTD even before the torpedo exploads. It's very strange for me. Has been CTD free till now. I just installed Stoian's free upgrade mod. Can it be a problem ?

I get this message in event viewer:

Faulting application name: sh5.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x562b9a96
Faulting module name: SHSim.act, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bce9a5c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000819b9
Faulting process ID: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report ID: %13
Faulting package full name: %14
You should not install any mod if you are not sure about compatibility...This could be corrupted save also. Don't save the game near AI units and don't overwrite old saves...
I would suggest clean reinstall of the game and new campaign...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 05:50 PM   #81
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
If you really want to use automatic target recognition, which is a bit unrealistic IMO especially because you can recognize a ship 20+km away...
I couldn't agree more
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 07:58 PM   #82
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by von faust View Post
Maybe this will help:
Updated OptionsFileEditorViewer app (v1.0.32.0): http://www.mediafire.com/?50a7d3ln2j5g2ej
This updated version has language packs and allows you to resize the window. It also has a new File command: File-->Reports-->Hot keys that creates a file in the applications path that lists all the hotkeys used by the mod and their status. This version also adds the familiar enabled/disabled icons that the Generic Patcher uses for a Boolean options.

How to use OptionsEditorViewer app: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202346

Hotkey update information for Trevally to update for "how to use TDW options editor. I sent a PM to him.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 01:52 AM   #83
Cond
Watch

Thank's for your reply Vdr. I never knew that I mustn't save near AI units and mustn't overwrite my old savegames.

What do you think ? Should I start a new campaign ? Or is is okay if I continue my campaign from a previous save game and in the future I won't overwrite any savegames at all ?

I think Stoian's mod is compatible because so far hasn't got any CTD what was affected by the changed renown values required by ugrades.
Old 01-26-14, 04:50 AM   #84
Vegeta
Swabbie

Downloads: 163

So now I have played for several hours and no CTD of any kind, i had friendly taskforce destroyed ships infront of me and Luftwaffe sink ships that was mine

But few things that caught my mind,

first the sonar guy, he's working but it seems that he finds target and double report it, then he loses it and finds it again and this "loop" continues forever til I surface or getting out of range

Second a lot of orders I give are always double repeated from the crew like engage batteri recharge

Over all everything works like a charm so thank you again all modders and vdr1981
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 07:13 AM   #85
Homuth
Nub

Downloads: 35

Great mod, no CTD or performance issues at all.

For beginner like me it was a little overwhelming to use real navigation but I now get how it works and I like it. I still can't home in a torpedo properly on a target but I'm working on that.

But there's one problem. During a daring attempt to attack an enemy convoy West of Ireland, I was spotted and deptcharged for over 12 hours. During which my navigator was wounded. He's no longer able to calculate my position every 2 hours. He's been wounded for some days now, and I'm afraid I'm going to crash into either the Irish rock shore or the French. Help?
Homuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 07:45 AM   #86
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

^Welcome to SubSim Homuth

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 08:04 AM   #87
LeeHower
Nub

Downloads: 294
Thank's for help vdr. I know not much realistic,however from i was reading in diary of my grandpa, they always discuss about identification ship, when have time do this. So i can try itself and after that let officer do idntification and see how correct i was
Thank you
LeeHower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 09:03 AM   #88
Homuth
Nub

Downloads: 35

I figured it out.

Here's how to fix it for anyone yet to have the issue of having permanent wounded officers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrgn View Post
Try deleting the UPCInitial and the UserPlayerContextGE folders in C:\Users\Documents\SH5. Copy them, just in case it doesn't work or messes with your game, and restart the game......
When you launch the game after having done the fix, you load your last save game and when you are inside the submarine, wait for 2-3 minutes and your crew members will lose their wounded status. So be patient for a little while for the red layer to disappear.

Anlauf beginnt!
Homuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 10:08 AM   #89
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homuth View Post
I figured it out.

Here's how to fix it for anyone yet to have the issue of having permanent wounded officers:

When you launch the game after having done the fix, you load your last save game and when you are inside the submarine, wait for 2-3 minutes and your crew members will lose their wounded status. So be patient for a little while for the red layer to disappear.

Anlauf beginnt!
That's one hell of the exploit...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 05:11 PM   #90
Cond
Watch

Thank's for the tip Vdr. It was the save games what caused the problems. Please correct me Vdr if I'm wrong but I read the forums for days now and haven't found any instructions like this on any modder's mod.

Why isn't it a main footnote on every mod ? Because I think it's quite important to mention that you can't save near any ship. And I think it's not a common knowledge to know that.

It's very strange for me sorry about that.

By the way I restarted the campaign and that was enough.

It seems that Stoianm's upgrade mod is compatible with this pack.