SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-17-19, 07:29 AM   #1
Deep10
Watch

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default Graphics mods

Hi all, Its been quite a while since I have been here so if you can bear with me that would be great, I have reinstalled SH4 Wolves Of the Pacific after a long time and I am looking for purely graphical mods, like making the wakes and the sea maybe looking more realistic etc, The actual game play is fine for me it just the eye candy that I would like. As said if you could bear with me and help me with exactly where to go for the best mods and more important how to install them. I am extremely grateful for any help, thanks in advance.
Deep10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-19, 02:00 PM   #2
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep10 View Post
I am looking for purely graphical mods... just the eye candy that I would like.... exactly where to go for the best mods and more important how to install them.
First, which version of SH4 are you playing? SH4 STOCK v1.3, SH4 v1.4 or SH4 v1.5?

Some of the older mods will play on v1.3, some mods will play on v1.4; however, most of the mods, the newer ones especially, will only play on v1.5; some may play on v1.4 and v1.5 but not on the stock game.

Look in the "Downloads" section of SubSim. You should see the downloads button in the upper left. Look for the SH4 Group under downloads. Within the group you'll find categories of the downloads. Newer ones are list first in each category.

Another method is Google It. Do a search for "SH4 Environmental Mods" or maybe "SH4 Graphics Mods". You'll probably find a bunch.

As for installation, are you familiar with the JS Generic Mod Enabler program? I think the latest version is 2.6 by the way. Easy to find under Downloads or Google It. Download it, unzip it and put the application file into the main directory of Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific and then run it by double clicking on it. Once installed you should get a message about creating an Icon and later a MOD folder. Click yes. Copy and paste all your mods into this MOD folder. From your desk top, open the Generic Mod Enabler and move the desired mods from the left column into the right column.

Note: if you ever remove a mod (right column to left column) only do this one at a time, in reverse order.

With all that said, if you have v1.5, you might want to go right into the newest update of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate MOD. Just released, it has all the up to date game play and environmental stuff you'd be looking for.

It runs smoothly on my nine year old, windows 7 laptop. It does require SH4 v1.5 and installation of the Long Address Aware program, which you'll probably need anyway.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 11-17-19, 05:04 PM   #3
Deep10
Watch

Icon14 Graphic mod

I do truly thank you for your reply and help and all the info you have provided, I am on 1.5 but just reading your reply has given me a headache, I do mean that in the nicest possible way but I have used mods in other games with no where near the complicated process needed to add mods to SH4, I did it once but its to much to do now, but thanks again for the help.
Old 11-18-19, 12:52 AM   #4
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default The Simplist Thing You Can Do

Sorry about headache.

Read the Sticky Titled: (Rel) Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate
It's right at the top of this forum.

It's a free, 1.6g mega mod that will give you the eye candy you're looking for and much more. It provides instruction on downloading and installing. Can't get simpler than that. Check it out.

I've played SH3 and SH4 since 2005 with upwards of 45 mods installed at one time. It's not that hard to download 1 mega mod, unzip it and install it into the game with the Generic Mod Enabler.
Old 11-18-19, 03:44 AM   #5
Deep10
Watch

Default Graphic mod

Ok thanks again, I will syke myself up and attempt it, fingers crossed.
Old 11-18-19, 01:50 PM   #6
Deep10
Watch

Default Graphic mod

OK so the MOD in my "downloads" folder, I have unzipped it using the 7zip tool as instructed I have downloaded the "Mod enabler" tool and enabled the mod, of course as expected It has not made any difference to the game because I have done something wrong, but what?. If I could attach a screenshot of my progress so far to this post I could show you what my "Downloads" folder looks like. If only Steven Hawkins hadn't died lol.

Tags
graphics, mods