SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-20-22, 08:34 AM   #1
jorca2
Mate

Downloads: 138
Uploads: 0
Default Any mod onexplayer

Hi, It would be possible a mod to play this fantástico Game in resolution compatible with this console? For exemple 1200*800, 1440*800... or similar??
jorca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 09:25 PM   #2
jorca2
Mate

The problem continue. I can't resolve it
Old 01-21-22, 10:11 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorca2 View Post
The problem continue. I can't resolve it
What mod set... source of your sh3 copy... where installed... is the .exe, patched or are you using large address aware with the .exe in question.

How about sharing the jsgme mods activated...

which can be pasted here in a reply, after clicking on "tasks" in the center of jsgme, scrolling through the sub menu that pops up... & selecting "export" then in the sub menu that will show while hovering the mouse over "export" of "to clipboard".

Selecting that, will then "copy" the mods that are activated by jsgme so that you can then, paste that list in your reply post.

All basic info needed, to know what you're rolling with, so as to offer up a solution or solutions... as the case may be.

Other than simply saying... boo hoo hoo... My mod set, ain't working & don't know why... and NOT providing any info then expecting answers without having all the pertinent info so as to be able to do so.

M. M.
Old 01-22-22, 07:23 PM   #4
jorca2
Mate

I'm sorry, in Spanish, I could explain perfectly. I have tried the stock steam version first, modifying the compatibility from the .exe. in windowed mode since fullscreen doesn't work. the result is that either it looks big or the window looks very small. I have tried the mod fix changing the two files, starting the bat, with the same result. then installing a clean version with mod GWX, exactly the same..
I haven't gotten around to using JGSME. The main problem is in the resolution of the initial menu where the mouse cursor does not go down completely, not being able to start the mission.
Only i would like play sh3 with GWX mod
Old 01-22-22, 09:16 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
I'm sorry, in Spanish, I could explain perfectly. I have tried the stock steam version first, modifying the compatibility from the .exe. in windowed mode since Fullscreen doesn't work. the result is that either it looks big or the window looks very small. I have tried the mod fix changing the two files, starting the bat, with the same result. then installing a clean version with mod GWX, exactly the same..
I haven't gotten around to using JGSME. The main problem is in the resolution of the initial menu where the mouse cursor does not go down completely, not being able to start the mission.
Only i would like play sh3 with GWX mod
There in, lies your problem... & notice that you did not answer... what is the source of the copy of SH3 that you have... & where did you install it.

Is it a disk copy of SH3, downloaded from "Steam", Ubisoft... another game developers game launcher...

SH3, (or any other game, for that matter... even if it a newer game) should NEVER... EVER... be installed & set up in either of Window's "Program file" locations. i.e \Program files or \Program files (x86), as that is Window's User Account's rabid pit bull guard dawg territory... & it does NOT like anything in its domain, being tampered with... pure & simple.

It will roll back stuff & in some cases, not do a good job on that... to sometimes catastrophic consequences.

Is best, to use jsgme... as it is your friend... & for good reason... if you ever... ever need to undo what mods you've done to it... then is but a simple matter to de-activate the mods & can if needed, run a check to make sure that the base SH3 copy, is untainted... most especially, useful... if you use either Steam or Ubisoft, as your source for SH3.

Believe that other game launchers will do that, as well... of the user/gamer, being able to cross verify the integrity of the game... for that matter.

Even if not using 1 of them, (game launcher's such as Steam or Ubi... for example) to install... it is but a simple matter to rerun a disk copy & have it overwrite the install, thereby ensuring that the files & such in the game folder... are pristine.

Use of jsgme, cannot be strongly enough... recommended... over just drag & dropping mod folders & files into your copy of SH3... cause if anything goes wrong... then you have to entirely nuke the SH3 install.

Another good, useful tool to have in one's arsenal, is MultiSH3. This nifty tool allows for a completely separate game saves folder to be set up... thereby, keeping all other copies of SH3 from 1 another. Even, including if all you're going to roll with, is just that 1 modded version of SH3.

Then, there is the matter of using either a 4GB patch kit or Large Address Aware... used to tell your Window's operating system, that "hey dummy... this app/program/game... is allowed compete unrestricted access to run with 4 GBs of RAM..." NOT that it'll use all 4 but, is there so that should it need to, it can.

Myself... I use LAA as most refer to Large Address Aware, as... as it is relatively simple to use... 3 steps & done... & should you need to, which is rare... is but a simple matter to rerun it & can even tell the tool, to force the .exe to stay locked into 4 GB RAM access mode.

Can't understand just why it is... with your running just SH3 stock, that it won't go into full screen mode... as it should. It could well be, that something got short circuited in the initial install... & a simple dump, wipe & reinstall would resolve that.

before running SH3 the 1st time, should you dump & reinstall... would suggest, going into SH3's .exe "properties" & ensuring that at base minimum, the following steps are done...

In "properties" the main page that'll open up (after right clicking on SH3.exe & selecting that option in the pop-up menu), is the General tab.

On this page, you'll want to look down to near the bottom for "read-only", & ensure that that box next to it, is NOT check marked. If it is, uncheck & click "apply".

After that, go into the "Compatibilities" tab section...

Here, set compatibility, to hmmm... Win 7, or at the furthest... XP (complete with last service pack, which... if memory serves Me rightly... should be... SP3.

Before setting the .exe to that, would try running it at least once... in stock mode & see how things go from there. Can always, BEFORE modding it, change the compatibility to Win 7, at the least... & work down the line if needed to. Ending with going no further than XP's choices.

After deciding how to proceed on that score... look fuerther down the compatibility page & locate, "Run this program, as an Admin"... check mark that box & click... "accept".

With that, should be free & clear, to exit the properties & start SH3 up, to finalize its new set up.

Meaning, going into the options menu & see of making changes to the crew's voice keeping it in your language or having them speak german... to setting it up to run in full screen. clicking accepting those changes, before exiting out of options & then exiting the game...

On the next start up, it should then run, in full screen mode.

Again... hope this info proves useful in getting you up & running... ship shape with SH3.

Hopefully, this helps... & didn't lose you, sitting there scratching your head, trying to follow along.

M. M.
Old 01-24-22, 07:20 AM   #6
jorca2
Mate

thank you so much. my
game copy is steam. i think the main problem is that i cant put fullscreen inside the game because when exit the game and try to enter game is not possible if not change line fullscreen:No in ¨main´, archive inside ¨cfg¨. if i put in options game fullscreen, save changes and exit after i can´t run the game mistake¨ can not initialize 3D engine¨.
route instalation game isn´t Window's "Program file" locations. i.e \Program files or \Program files (x86)...

i will try another time with clean installation.

Last edited by jorca2; 01-24-22 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-24-22, 11:40 AM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
thank you so much. my
game copy is steam. i think the main problem is that i cant put fullscreen inside the game because when exit the game and try to enter game is not possible if not change line fullscreen:No in ¨main´, archive inside ¨cfg¨. if i put in options game fullscreen, save changes and exit after i can´t run the game mistake¨ can not initialize 3D engine¨.
route instalation game isn´t Window's "Program file" locations. i.e \Program files or \Program files (x86)...

i will try another time with clean installation.

If you run into any issues or have a question that you feel a need to ask... don't hesitate to hit Me up with a private message.

I'll do My utmost level best to answer it, in as timely a manner, as is humanly possible. If I can't answer it... I'll point you to those, that I'm aware of, that may be able to.

M. M.