SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-29-13, 09:56 AM   #1
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] Husksubsky auto scripts (Trevally's scripts enhanced)

;Husksubskys Automated Scripts v0.1

This is an add on for Trevallys scripts-search on patrol

It is actually Trevallys Real Nav search autoscript twisted in many directions.
It starting with me missing a searchscript for shallow waters.

SO I have one set No station scripts: I put some waittime so the speaking doesn t crumble under the higher tc.

two sets on station : Waittime some secs in the start so you have time to go below deck (something I always forget before starting them ).
Its intentional to let the soundman do one of the sweeps. That saves some time aswell .
And of course the on station part is TC1.
All deepwater search is set to 35 meters because sometimes it seem to only reach 30 while 32 is ordered. (type vII A test)Rem has a 30 meter treshold for hydrophones to work on longer distance and I wanted to be sure it stayed below.

The other on station set is the same as the first just with TC1 for us geeks who like to have it running in the background while whatching ww2 files on youtube etc...

My thought is that the no station is for travelling in potential enemy waters and the on station in "target areas" where high frequence of searching is advisable.Anyway It s not hard to change things to liking so I added the sha file as txt file as well in documents folder. Its just to change extention to sha and replace the exsisting. TDW has nice explanation on the auto commands found in the automation folder.Just unenable the mod if you want to edit. Tweaking while on patrol should be no problem.

Big thanks to Trevally who let me use his commands and ofc to TDW who made it all possible.

Add after Trevallys scripts.( actually I think behind new ui s is ok).

Who said " if I have seen further it was by standing on the shoulders of giants" ? Isaac Newton I think..yes Isaac Newton and me...

V0.2 changes:

-Took out the scripts with radar. They did not function to satisfactory

-added 25m depth option for all sets.

-added a new set "on station compressed".This is similar as the other on station but with TC 8 xpt when actually on station. Travels 1 hour. Slightly faster sweeping.

-small adjustments and made it appear more tidy.

-Renamed it "Patrolsearch autoscripts" more simple

V03 changes

-Now announces depth before diving on all scripts

-Added TC64/8 set to the no station search

v04 changes:
- made the no station scripts do all the underwateraction in TC4. Stripped off unneccesary timeuse so it won t be such big difference (to TC8 at least)

-baffles/diving and no station sweep part in the "on station compressed" set TC4 instead of 8

- made a "FE" fuelefficient version of the whole mod where the boat cruises slower to be more fuelefficient.I put it as a new category called FEsearch

-small adjustments and corrections

Here is Dl link: I subscribed so it should be add free. At least they promised

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b4...scriptsV04.rar

Heres the version I use TC8 wherever it was TC4 in the other version:

-sligtly shorter on st sweep in compressed set

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ff...ripts8xV04.rar

Last version tuned for WOS here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ag..._WOS_tuned.rar

autoscripts1.0_WOS_tuned.rar changes
-Added a patrolarealurksectoion wich bafflesearch and surface to reload batteries and get oxygen
-Use obsscope before surface
-FE (fueleconomy) section now use slow speed
-all timings redone using WOS sluggish VII b boat . Cut down unecessary timeuse and speeded up on station sequenses so all in all most scripts are faster.
-added tdw automation txt file from new ui s in documentation. as well as a txt vesion of the scriptfile.
- pa patrolarealurk just baffles around in an area slowly without suffocating

Although tuned for WOS it should work with any modpack. The obsscope didn t reach surface with my last modsoup so that might be an issue for some.
Hope it all works pls tell if you find errors
Its still called v.04 the file cause of overwriting

Last edited by Husksubsky; 01-24-19 at 01:22 PM.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 12:40 PM   #2
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Good job Husksubsky
Old 10-29-13, 01:08 PM   #3
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Good job Husksubsky
Thx for encouragement and Help Trevally. You had a look at them already?

I m very open to suggestions from the pros
Old 10-29-13, 01:59 PM   #4
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Well done Husksubsky

@ Trevally

how hard would be updating old automation scripts to work together with the most recent New UI's versions?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 03:56 PM   #5
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Great mod . The only thing I don't like is hydro search at periscope depth . With my mod list I have to be at least 16mts for the hydro to work . For shallow waters 25 meters would work better for me anyway .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 04:14 PM   #6
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Great mod . The only thing I don't like is hydro search at periscope depth . With my mod list I have to be at least 16mts for the hydro to work . For shallow waters 25 meters would work better for me anyway .
In the Mediterranean the best listening depth was 80 m under the sea level.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 05:05 PM   #7
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Well first of all I m thrilled that you guys like my mod. I can add a second shallowwater depth at 25 meters but,... apart from the environment mod and some trees I use your list Sober. Have you modified something I ve missed? I have no hyd on surface but otherwise this from REM seem to apply for me:
(Maybe this has to do with why my "realistic hydrophone" mod doesn t work perfect?)
I just did those shallowwater versions cause I tended to hit bottom at uk coast.

1) GHG (GruppenHorchGerat) -originally installed on boat.

Surfaced------------------17 000m
Periscope Depth (12m)-----25 000m
Depth 30m and below-------40 000m (maximum range)

2) KDB (KristallDrehbasisGerat)- optional rotating device that eliminates blind spot on the bow.

Surfaced-----------------------0m
Periscope Depth (12m)------22 000m
Depth 30m and below--------38 000m (maximum range)

3) Balkon Gerat - optional device, better than previous two.

Surfaced-------------------17 000m
Periscope Depth (12m)------27 500m
Depth 30m and below--------40 000m (maximum range)

I can duplicate all the Deep water versions and make them 25 meters versions. It won t take long.Or 20 meters maybe?If many players have hyd starting to work at 16m+ Its well worth the effort.
Am I correct if SH5 doesn t give like 80 meters any advantage over 35 meters when it comes to listening? If Im wrong pls tell me and I can make some 60+ as well. Changing depths doesn t take much work. I just make some more subcategories so they don t get too crowded. I also played with the thought of cutting time by setting TC8 while boat is turning and soundman do the hydcheck.
Regards

Last edited by Husksubsky; 10-29-13 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-29-13, 05:31 PM   #8
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

TC8 would be good .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 05:47 PM   #9
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
TC8 would be good .
Ok I agree it takes long

Last edited by Husksubsky; 10-31-13 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-31-13, 10:08 PM   #10
Husksubsky
XO

Default v02

Next version is up.

And true the KDB doesn t work above 16 m. I kept the shallow snorkeldepth search for use with the CHG, but added 25 m as suggested. Have not tested with Balkon . The KDB doesn t really need need the baffle. I might add more scripts later, but not sure where to go from here.Don t want to make too many either. Maybe scrap some and make groups for different types of Hyds and a more realistic deeper deep water search hmmm..

Last edited by Husksubsky; 11-01-13 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-02-13, 04:15 AM   #11
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Suggestion & problem

In my version I like to have the depth under keel announced. I've run aground in the past.

There is also no way to script (I don't think) for aircraft detection trapping. I have been sunk while on script by aircraft. We need a reaction command to aircraft spotted.

Just my two cents worth.
Old 11-02-13, 09:56 AM   #12
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond6751 View Post
In my version I like to have the depth under keel announced. I've run aground in the past.
You mean to have it dive according to current depth?
Ive run aground plenty of times with the original 32 m script. Thats why I made some shallow water ones. Thats was my hole idea to start with..just to tweak depth for myself. It just escalated a bit Im no wiz... I just shuffle with Trevs commands

Quote:
There is also no way to script (I don't think) for aircraft detection trapping. I have been sunk while on script by aircraft. We need a reaction command to aircraft spotted.

Just my two cents worth.
Think for now we must stay close enough to comp to react
Old 11-02-13, 12:11 PM   #13
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Default Depth watch

Yes, it is true that we must still be "on watch" as the scripts run. My scripts just have the depth announced each loop. That way, being captain off doing something or reading, I can react to a scary shallows. The script does not react.

It is too bad we can't do any IF programming to check conditions. That would enable a whole lot of possible auto reactions. Such things as IF depth is less than x, do this command.

Maybe later. I too don't know enough to do other than use the commands given us by the smarter folks.
Old 11-02-13, 07:45 PM   #14
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Yes, it is true that we must still be "on watch" as the scripts run. My scripts just have the depth announced each loop. That way, being captain off doing something or reading, I can react to a scary shallows. The script does not react.

It is too bad we can't do any IF programming to check conditions. That would enable a whole lot of possible auto reactions. Such things as IF depth is less than x, do this command.

Maybe later. I too don't know enough to do other than use the commands given us by the smarter folks.
I never saw "report depth" command. Its a nice idea to have it reported before diving. can you show me the command? maybe you have a list with more options than I do?
Maybe change stopping at contact and aborting script if contact spotted during scope sweep too but I m not sure.Sometimes thats nice but others you maybe just want a report and continue.What you think?
Old 11-03-13, 03:17 PM   #15
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Default Report depth

Sure. Here is what I use:

Get_depth_under_sub_keel,0,0,0,0,0,0,15
;- get the depth under the sub's keel