SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-13-23, 09:34 PM   #871
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Scottish First Minister Humza Yousaf, whose own family is trapped in Gaza, has accused the British government of failing to value Palestinian lives as highly as Israeli ones.

I’m sure we’ll have to hear about the usual, ‘ya but what about Trump?’

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-23, 06:05 AM   #872
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Boris won't be happy about this latest release no doubt.

Quote:
WhatsApp messages from 2020 released by the Covid inquiry have revealed senior civil servant Simon Case complaining about the influence of Carrie, the partner of then-PM Boris Johnson.

In exchanges with a Downing Street adviser at the time, Dominic Cummings, Mr Case jokes that Mrs Johnson was "the real person in charge".

In a later text Mr Case also says the government looks like a "tragic joke".

The messages came as the Covid inquiry heard evidence on political governance.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67101479

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-23, 07:13 AM   #873
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The German finance minister has issued an open invitation to the UK to reach a new deal to improve the Brexit trading relations, which would reduce trade barriers and “obstacles in daily business life”.

Christian Lindner told the BBC: “This is a standing invitation for the UK. If you want to intensify your trade relationship to the EU, call us, we really appreciate the United Kingdom and its values, its people … and I would really, really appreciate it if we can intensify [the trade relationship] again.”
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...d7f08a1b&ei=19

Old 10-14-23, 09:53 AM   #874
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^Two words to that, and the second one is OFF.
I'm thinking Germany are having some economic problems and are hoping we Brits are going to help them out a bit, yep, you can bollocks to that too Olaf. What a set of cheeky bleeding bastards these German's are, they've caused the UK so many different problems over Brexit and now they ask the UK to give them a bleeding hand. I'll remind you again Olaf, two words, second word is OFF.

Meanwhile back in Blighty, thousands of foreign migrants are demonstrating on the streets of England, they are clearly showing that they haven't integrated into British society one little bit and If they hold such hardened beliefs, they should all "insert swear word here" Off back from whence they came and do their demonstrating there.
Signed by,
A Pissed Off White Brit.

Thousands of pro-Palestine supporters take to the streets of London, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol and Newcastle as Met Police warn: Support Hamas and you will be arrested

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-officers.html

What do the Police and the Government not get about these demonstrations, they're already supporting Palestine and Hamas while ever they wave a Palestinian flag about, grow some balls you currants, strip them of their plastic citizenship and get these Morons deported and, do it Now.
Old 10-15-23, 06:05 AM   #875
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

"Humza Useless"

Quote:
SNP leader Humza Yousaf was visibly embarrassed as he was presented with a word cloud by the BBC revealing that people associate the word "useless" with him.

The Scottish First Minister, who was Nicola Sturgeon's handpicked replacement last year, was shown the word in a word cloud of things associated with him by Victoria Derbyshire who was presenting Laura Kuenssberg's morning political show on BBC.

Even before becoming SNP leader Yousaf has been dogged with the nickname "Humza Useless" after a number of gaffes as a Scottish Government minister - including driving a car without insurance when he was a transport minister.

Ms Derbyshire noted that "independence" and "Scotland" were the main words before adding: "in smaller letters underneath 'useless' but then there is also a fairness as well."

A stunned looking Yousaf had already had a car crash interview trying to justify his party's new policy on independence which would remove the need for more than half of Scotland to support it.

In response to the word cloud, Mr Yousaf said: "When it comes to a word cloud for politicians, I don't think we tend to favour particularly well across political parties.

"But people get our core message about independence is about fairness, I saw the word 'equality' is in there.

"But I'm not pretending to you that things are highly rosy, they clearly aren't there have been six months of a really difficult time for my political party."
His comments came after Labour humiliated the SNP earlier this month in the Rutherglen and Hamilton West by-election and one of his now former MPs Lisa Cameron defected to the Conservatives revealing that SNP bullying had killed her support for independence.

Professor Sir John Curtice has warned the SNP could be wiped out if the Rutherglen and Hamilton West by-election is repeated across Scotland.

There have been reports this weekend that support for the SNP is dropping so much that they are now having to pay people to deliver leaflets.

Mr Yousaf also talked about the new policy on independence he is unveiling at his party's conference in Aberdeen as he desperately tries to revive its flagging fortnes.

Criminal investigations are still ongoing into his predecessor Ms Sturgeon and her husband, the SNP's former chief executive Peter Murrell.

Yousaf claimed that his party has "had repeated mandates for another referendum" which he claims Westminster has ignored even though the one in 2014 was supposed to be a "once in a generation event".

He struggled to justify the new policy of winning a majority of seats in Scotland in a general election as being the mandate for independence.

Ms Derbyshire pressed him: "But that means you won't need 50 percent plus one."

Yousaf tried to swerve and suggested that it would "give a mandate to open negotiations" or for Westminster to give the Scottish Parliament the power to hold a referendum.

In frustration he added: "I would be happy to hold a referndum tomorrow. Bring it on. I guarantee you with would have independence for Scotland sooner rather than later."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...19341b4c&ei=16

Old 10-15-23, 07:14 AM   #876
Moonlight
Admiral

If I was Sunak I'd give him that Independence Referendum, No politician in Scotland has ever led the Scottish majority party blindfolded to a bonfire before, the SNP will have crashed and burned in less than a year, a truly remarkable feat, even for him.

Well Sunak!, are you going to pick that gauntlet up and shove it down his throat, or are you going to cower down in the corner of your Westminster office shaking with fear. Come on man, are you a timid Mouse or a ravenous Wolf, the electorate is waiting with baited breath for the answer.

What will Sunak do?, I can hear the bottles smashing from up here.
Sunak the bottler, yep, even when he has the biggest chance of all to get rid of the Scottish National Party once and for all, he goes and bottles it, this pillock will never get my vote.
Old 10-16-23, 12:39 PM   #877
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Yet another Tory apparently unable to behave himself.

Quote:
Parliament's behaviour watchdog has recommended Conservative MP Peter Bone be suspended for six weeks for bullying and sexual misconduct.

It follows a complaint made to the body by a former member of staff, over alleged behaviour which took place over 10 years ago.

The suspension will have to be voted on by the House of Commons to be approved.

It would trigger a recall petition that could potentially lead to a by-election in Mr Bone's Wellingborough seat.

In an exclusive statement to the BBC, the former staff member said he felt "a sense of relief and vindication" at the watchdog's findings, adding that his experience "continues to affect my life to this day".

Mr Bone has denied the allegations, calling them "without foundation".

Parliament's Independent Expert Panel (IEP) found Mr Bone broke Parliament's sexual misconduct rules by indecently exposing himself to the staffer during an overseas trip.

It also upheld five allegations of bullying, including "instructing, or physically forcing, the complainant to put his hands in his lap when Mr Bone was unhappy with him or his work".

It also found he "verbally belittled, ridiculed, abused and humiliated" him, and "repeatedly physically struck and threw things" at him, including hitting him with his hand or an object such as a pencil or a rolled-up document.

It also upheld an allegation Mr Bone "repeatedly pressurised" the staffer to give him a massage in the office. It found this was bullying, but not sexual misconduct.

Mr Bone denied the accusations throughout and appealed against its findings, arguing the investigation had been flawed.

However, his appeal was dismissed by a sub-panel, which said the investigation had been carried out correctly.

According to the report, the complainant had kept a detailed log of Mr Bone's behaviour at the time, and had submitted "compelling, nuanced and plausible" evidence.

It also found his account of events was backed up by witnesses at work, and family members with whom he had spoken about his experiences.

In a statement released on Monday after the watchdog released its final report, Mr Bone said the allegations were "false and untrue".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67122669

Old 10-17-23, 07:28 AM   #878
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Any additional finance will be expected to come from Westminster despite what they say....it always has been this way.

Quote:
Humza Yousaf is to pledge an extra £300m to help cut NHS waiting lists by 100,000 patients by 2026.

The first minister will make the announcement during his keynote speech to the SNP conference in Aberdeen.

It comes after delegates agreed a new independence strategy based on winning the majority of Scotland's 57 seats at the next general election.

Mr Yousaf will vow to put the economy at the centre of the party's constitutional campaign.

Mr Yousaf will tell the conference that the Scottish government will invest an extra £100m in each of the next three years to cut waiting lists by an estimated 100,000 patients by 2026, when the next Holyrood election is scheduled to take place.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-67125937

Old 10-17-23, 01:15 PM   #879
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The simple truth is the SNP is in decline and Humza in no way makes up for the departure of the poison dwarf.

Quote:
Humza Yousaf has been humiliated at his own party conference, as he was forced to deliver his main stage speech to a half-empty hall.

Despite moving to a venue with a smaller capacity than last year, the event was still significantly undersubscribed.

The capacity of the main conference hall is understood to be around 1,300 seats - but many of them have been left empty, despite Yousaf delivering the keynote speech of the event.

Conference Halls at both Conservative and Labour conferences were packed out for the leaders' speech, with both seeing queues outside the doors.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...7fba7674&ei=10

Old 10-18-23, 07:24 AM   #880
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-18-23, 09:31 AM   #881
Moonlight
Admiral

Two By-Elections tomorrow, we might get 2 Labour wins and we might not, me thinks the Tories will win the Tamworth one but the old Mid Bedfordshire seat once held by Nadine Dorries is up for grabs. Can the Labour Party win it?, it all depends on the Tory voters, will they stay away or will they turn up?, I don't know the answer to that so we'll just have to wait and see, but if they only half turn up the Tories will win it.

This wont help the Tories cause either, a typical foot in mouth moment that they could've done without, where ever there's a politician walking the street an house is missing its idiot. Just one look at the photo tells you everything you need to know, another Tory pig who cannot be trusted.
It seems as though he's spent most of his time attending dinner parties instead of sorting out the increase of crime in his area, as a Tory MP, he will be a bleeding disaster for those constituents.

TORY candidate Festus Akinbusoye is facing questions over whether he has taken any paid leave from his taxpayer funded Police and Crime Commissioner role to campaign to win Thursday’s Mid-Bedfordshire by-election.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politi...ces-questions/

CRUNCH BY-ELECTION Inside battle for Tamworth, where voters predicted New Labour, David Cameron and Brexit – but will they kick Tories out?

Tamworth, a Staffordshire commuter town 14 miles north-east of Birmingham, currently has a stonking Tory majority of almost 20,000, won by disgraced MP Chris Pincher.
Tamworth is something of a Petri dish for some of the Tories’ key policies.
Immigration has come under the spotlight, as the town’s Holiday Inn Express is now home to 243 asylum seekers of 13 nationalities, including Afghans, Iraqis, Eritreans and Iranians.
Meanwhile the Government’s levelling-up agenda has seen Tam-worth receive a £22million boost from its regeneration fund to spruce up its main shopping street.

The Tories are fielding Andrew Cooper, a local councillor and former Army sniper in the Staffordshire Regiment.
Chatting in the shadow of Tamworth Castle, Mr Cooper, 41, who served in Kosovo and Iraq, told me he was as “disappointed as anyone else” over the Chris Pincher scandal.
And the dad of four said scrapping the Manchester leg of HS2 would free up cash for local rail improvements and filling potholes in the town.
As for housing asylum seekers locally, he doesn’t believe the Holiday Inn Express is the right place, adding: “It has had an impact on tourism and the economics of the town.
“A lot of people in the summer would have liked to stay at the hotel because it’s opposite the castle grounds, which is our events space, but they couldn’t get a room.”

Labour’s candidate, trade union organiser Sarah Edwards, 35, has campaigned to protect greenfield land, boost public services and tackle the cost-of-living crisis.
Despite repeated requests from The Sun, she wasn’t available for an interview.
By-election handlers sometimes keep their candidate under wraps if they think they are in a winning position.
It ensures their charges don’t come down with a last-minute case of foot in mouth.
Turning around a 20,000 majority would be a resounding achievement.
Old 10-18-23, 12:11 PM   #882
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Two By-Elections tomorrow, we might get 2 Labour wins and we might not, me thinks the Tories will win the Tamworth one but the old Mid Bedfordshire seat once held by Nadine Dorries is up for grabs. Can the Labour Party win it?, it all depends on the Tory voters, will they stay away or will they turn up?, I don't know the answer to that so we'll just have to wait and see, but if they only half turn up the Tories will win it.
At the last general election in 2019, the Conservatives won by miles and miles in Mid Bedfordshire. Six-in-ten voters backed the Conservatives.

And by even more in Tamworth. Two-thirds of voters backed the Conservatives.

But with Labour a long way ahead in national opinion polls, when the party fails to win in a spot where it has thrown plenty at winning, the awkward questions follow for them.

Old 10-19-23, 04:58 AM   #883
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Voters are going to the polls to elect new MPs in the constituencies of Mid Bedfordshire and Tamworth in England.

The by-elections will decide who replaces Nadine Dorries in Mid Bedfordshire and Chris Pincher in Tamworth after the Conservative MPs stood down.

Polling stations opened at 07:00 BST and will close at 22:00, with results expected from early on Friday morning.

Constituents in both seats will need photo ID to vote in the by-elections.

Old 10-19-23, 12:09 PM   #884
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Migrants are returning to an accommodation barge amid protests at the port gates.

A coach carrying the migrants arrived at the Bibby Stockholm in Portland, Dorset, shortly before 13:00 BST.

The vessel, which has capacity for up to 500 men awaiting the outcome of asylum applications, was evacuated in August after Legionella bacteria was found in the water supply.

The Home Office said it was now "safe and secure".

The government has said "using vessels as alternative accommodation, like our European neighbours are already doing, will be better value for British taxpayers and more manageable for communities than costly hotels".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-67147277

Old 10-20-23, 06:42 AM   #885
Moonlight
Admiral

Tory By-Election Defeat.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-67126173

The Labour Party and their Leader Piss head Starmer will have you believe that they won those seats fair and square, let those deluded muppets believe that nonsense as much as they want.
Truth be told, the Tory Faithful kept away in a protest vote that has sent shockwaves through the Tory Party, they don't want Net Zero, they didn't want that Tory pig of a candidate in Mid Bedfordshire either and they want Migration stopped once and for all.
What part of the above don't those Tory MP's get?, the electorate have had enough of years of constant Tory Screw Ups and if they don't change things around soon it will cost the Tory Party dearly.

Stop Net Zero.
Stop Migration.

As of now the Tories are associated with Failure and the Labour Party are associated with a New Beginning, yeah, I know that last part is laughable but, there's enough Labour voters and "Don't Knows" who just might believe that bollocks to vote for a new government.

Starmer has you in Check Sunak, soon, he'll have you in Check Mate.