SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-01-22, 11:35 AM   #4966
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
For the v1.8 release, do I need to add anything to the Mod List for Nippon Maru and Nihon Kaigun to complete them? I am still in v1.7 to finish up a career, but meanwhile I'm setting my Mods for v1.8. Seems like for v1.7 I had to add "Combined Roster" and maybe "JP_SoyoMaru_fix". I don't see them mentioned in the v1.8 version. Thanks!

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7p3
100a_RWR_APR_Patch
101_Nippon Maru v1.6c
102_Nihon Kaigun v1.1b
Combined Roster
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar
399c1_NoScrollNavMap - Same Sized Dials
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
801_UMark Invisible
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
806_PeriscopeSplash
851_Yel_FotRSU_Logo
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
JP_SoyoMaru_fix

Yes, the Nippon & Nihon mods, have been updated to the v1.8 of FotRSU, torpedobait.

This, is mentioned in the 1st post for the thread...

" Nippon Maru has been updated to v1.8, has to been checked and found to be fully compatible with FotRSU v1.8:
Nippon_Maru_v1.8

Nihon Kaigun has been updated to v1.2 and is fully compatible with FotRSU v1.8:
Nihon_Kaigun_v1.2"

Both of these do include a modified roster... with them. As to that other mod you're asking after... no idea on that...

Will let either propbeanie or s7rikeback, tackle that conundrum...

M. M.
Old 08-01-22, 01:43 PM   #4967
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
For the v1.8 release, do I need to add anything to the Mod List for Nippon Maru and Nihon Kaigun to complete them? I am still in v1.7 to finish up a career, but meanwhile I'm setting my Mods for v1.8. Seems like for v1.7 I had to add "Combined Roster" and maybe "JP_SoyoMaru_fix". I don't see them mentioned in the v1.8 version. Thanks!

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7p3
100a_RWR_APR_Patch
101_Nippon Maru v1.6c
102_Nihon Kaigun v1.1b
Combined Roster
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar
399c1_NoScrollNavMap - Same Sized Dials
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
801_UMark Invisible
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
806_PeriscopeSplash
851_Yel_FotRSU_Logo
JP_SoyoMaru_fix
As MM mentions, both have been updated for v1.8, and yes, you do still use Combined Roster if you use both Nippon Maru and Nihon Kaigun. If you do not use both, you only need what is in the mod, OTHER THAN - do NOT loose your "JP_SoyoMaru_fix mod... that fell through the cracks again, and still has the old sil file, so apply that also... You can also drop the TMO_torp_tex and PeriscopeSplash mods, and see if you like the jimimadrid torpedoes first, which are now part of FotRSU. The FotRSU compatible TMO Style is still in the AddInModzPak if desired.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 04:31 PM   #4968
propbeanie

Default JP_SoyoMaru_Sil_Fix

Those of you using the Nippon Maru mod, might want to direct yourselves to JP_SoyoMaru_Sil_Fix posting in the Nippon Maru thread.

Old 08-02-22, 02:48 PM   #4969
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Those of you using the Nippon Maru mod, might want to direct yourselves to JP_SoyoMaru_Sil_Fix posting in the Nippon Maru thread.
Hey Boss..
I guess there will be an update from s7rikeback...? update version future
this is why it does not bother me for the moment besides the manual of recognition is super beautiful Mr BH should be inspired by it ....
Béanie what would make me happy in yours... more feeling in the navigation way BH... if I can say so. Go good continuation
I would like to add that the list mod problems or other go up the son ... read the Boss chews the job for you then ...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Czk...4Tg0EXhgP/view
I really swear...!!! we will not name the names they will recognize themselves

Sincerely Kal Maximus U669

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 08-02-22 at 03:39 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 02:26 PM   #4970
propbeanie

Yes, there will be a small fix for FotRSU and for Nippon Maru. We are attempting to coordinate efforts now for the release, since we can't do one without the other...

Old 08-03-22, 08:13 PM   #4971
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Default SH4 Stock Manual

hey Guys, the SH4 OEM Manual makes reference to an X on the "notepad" that will reset the TDC. Was this feature ever incorporated or am I missing something?

My TDC was acting screwy (not the first time) doing manual TDC, and I couldnt get it to clear so I could restart the firing solution. So I checked the manual and it says click the x on the notepad...what notepad LOL

Thanks!
Frank
Old 08-03-22, 08:36 PM   #4972
propbeanie

The "Notepad" is a German U-Boat thing when on the Attack Periscope screen. It sits to the right, and is where the ship ID and other pertinent information is notated by the game, similar to what you see in the US side "TDC" display on the left side of the Attack Periscope display.

Old 08-03-22, 08:46 PM   #4973
Torpex77
Helmsman

Quote:
The "Notepad" is a German U-Boat thing when on the Attack Periscope screen. It sits to the right, and is where the ship ID and other pertinent information is notated by the game, similar to what you see in the US side "TDC" display on the left side of the Attack Periscope display.
The Only thing on the Left side of (my) the attack scope display is the torpedo setting/position keeper interface. No Notepad. Im using FOTRS 1.8, Which is awesome BTW just frustrated with this TDC. Really wish they had copied the actual TDC like SH1 did.

Last edited by Torpex77; 08-03-22 at 08:55 PM.
Torpex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 07:41 AM   #4974
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpex77 View Post
The Only thing on the Left side of (my) the attack scope display is the torpedo setting/position keeper interface. No Notepad. Im using FOTRS 1.8, Which is awesome BTW just frustrated with this TDC. Really wish they had copied the actual TDC like SH1 did.
hey ..
I find your remark useless... especially when you read your banner I quote:
"An underwater simulation must 'simulate' the historical reality as well as possible! No excuses, because everything you try to simulate is documented… somewhere!"

The work of Team FoTrS is very authentic... it manages to do the best, especially when you know the technical aspect of the game and the difficulties in making mods...
I would even add for those who have stadimeter problems if the reconnaissance procedure when attacking the ship is respected it works very well...a crucial step for the attack in order to obtain speed...distance. Angle recognition of the ship via the manual etc.. the American TDC it is easier than that of the Germans.. uais: when has sh1 stop this nostalgia exceed...
Old 08-04-22, 07:47 AM   #4975
propbeanie

Quote:
The "User's Manual" is sadly lacking in proper detail and documentation in many aspects of the game, and it does not appear to have changed from v1.0x through v1.5, plus a bit of it seems to be SH3 material, and does not differentiate some important differences between the US and German subs ... It seems to have been an after-thought - "Oh! We'd better do an 'Owner's Manual'!!!" But you will not find a "notebook" in the pacific US boats. To re-set things on the US boats, turn the PK off and unlock the target. Re-lock the target, and turn the PK back on. If you are doing manual-targeting, same thing, but just be certain that you are hitting all of the "Send" buttons twice each. Once to "set", once to "send". I don't think that is mentioned in the manual either... btw, glad you like the mod! Now, go "Sink 'em all!!!"

@ Kal_Maximus_U669: The nostalgia for SH1, the original in the Silent Hunter series is palpable for me as well... there is so much of that version of the game that is NOT in SH4, and I miss it. The "radar" boxes and functionality being a prime example. There are even aspects of SH2 that I think should be in this version, but alas, when Ubisoft made the purchase of SSI / Aegis, they lost a goodly portion of the "team", and many aspects of the game then became "black boxes" of mystery functions... sigh - but you can see in some of the 3D artwork, as well as texture files, that there were "plans", but alas, another incomplete game pushed out the door by the parent company... like so many other (most) games. lol

Old 08-04-22, 10:13 PM   #4976
Torpex77
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
hey ..
I find your remark useless... especially when you read your banner I quote:
"An underwater simulation must 'simulate' the historical reality as well as possible! No excuses, because everything you try to simulate is documented… somewhere!"

The work of Team FoTrS is very authentic... it manages to do the best, especially when you know the technical aspect of the game and the difficulties in making mods...
I would even add for those who have stadimeter problems if the reconnaissance procedure when attacking the ship is respected it works very well...a crucial step for the attack in order to obtain speed...distance. Angle recognition of the ship via the manual etc.. the American TDC it is easier than that of the Germans.. uais: when has sh1 stop this nostalgia exceed...
Relax.... My Comment is not about those who MOD the Subsims Like you, its to those WHO DEVELOPE the subsims and ignore what was historical on Submarines. The Modders do a SUPERB Job. )

I served 20 years on REAL Submarines and Know exactly how a stadimeter works. SH1 was so accurate was used as a Training aide by me and a couple others on USS Pasadena for qualifying standing Contact Coordinator watch )) We got so good we could do the Trig in our heads; AKA "Mental Gym" our Weapons Officer was shocked how accurate a submarine game was.

Frank
Old 08-04-22, 10:15 PM   #4977
Torpex77
Helmsman

Quote:
The "User's Manual" is sadly lacking in proper detail and documentation in many aspects of the game, and it does not appear to have changed from v1.0x through v1.5, plus a bit of it seems to be SH3 material, and does not differentiate some important differences between the US and German subs ... It seems to have been an after-thought - "Oh! We'd better do an 'Owner's Manual'!!!" But you will not find a "notebook" in the pacific US boats. To re-set things on the US boats, turn the PK off and unlock the target. Re-lock the target, and turn the PK back on. If you are doing manual-targeting, same thing, but just be certain that you are hitting all of the "Send" buttons twice each. Once to "set", once to "send". I don't think that is mentioned in the manual either... btw, glad you like the mod! Now, go "Sink 'em all!!!"

@ Kal_Maximus_U669: The nostalgia for SH1, the original in the Silent Hunter series is palpable for me as well... there is so much of that version of the game that is NOT in SH4, and I miss it. The "radar" boxes and functionality being a prime example. There are even aspects of SH2 that I think should be in this version, but alas, when Ubisoft made the purchase of SSI / Aegis, they lost a goodly portion of the "team", and many aspects of the game then became "black boxes" of mystery functions... sigh - but you can see in some of the 3D artwork, as well as texture files, that there were "plans", but alas, another incomplete game pushed out the door by the parent company... like so many other (most) games. lol
Thank You for this info, thought I was missing something..lol Glad Im Not.
Frank
Old 08-05-22, 09:21 AM   #4978
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
I served 20 years on REAL Submarines and Know exactly how a stadimeter works. SH1 was so accurate was used as a Training aide by me and a couple others on USS Pasadena for qualifying standing Contact Coordinator watch )) We got so good we could do the Trig in our heads; AKA "Mental Gym" our Weapons Officer was shocked how accurate a submarine game was.

Frank
Bravo! And thank you for your service. Real Submariners are special people in my book.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 10:45 AM   #4979
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
I installed an all new SH4 with FOTRSU 1.8 and mods:

When I fire with the AA guns, I see, from external view, white squares in the splashes of the bullets in the sea. A graphic glitch I don´t know why occurs (I didn´t have it with 1.7p3).

Continuing essays...

Fitzcarraldo
Respect this previous post, I did several test and discover the culprit of the arctifacts in the splashes of bullets and DC is due to the "particles.dat" file in EAX sound sim for FOTRSU 18. Deactivating this mod, or deleting the particles file for EAX, I have the standard and correct splashes of FOTRSU 1.8. I would to know if some player has this issue. I will reference this problem in the EAX subsim thread (Vickers). Really I don´t know what adverse effects could produce the delete of the particles. dat file in EAX, but I need to supress it to recover correct visual splashes with FOTRSU.

My list for the tests:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SH4\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU
Combined Roster
JP_SoyoMaru_Sil Fix
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar
399_OAKsHudGauges
399_NoScrollNavMap
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots
451a_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nippon_Maru
451b_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nihon_Kaigun
650_MoreDudz
801_UMark Invisible
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
851_Red_FotRSU_Logo
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.8

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 11:13 AM   #4980
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=157