SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-12, 09:56 AM   #1
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127
Default [REL] Office Images

This is an updated and expanded version of my previous Office Posters Fix mod. The changes made can be seen below.

The first change is removing the two Navy recruiting posters in the Captain's Office. Why have them there when anyone in the office would already be in the Navy? Another change is the pinup girl in the hallway, which you could only see partially when opening the door. By editing the mapa02 and mapa03 files in the “Data/Textures” folder, the SeaBees recruiting poster on the wall next to the map has been moved out in the hallway. Replacing it is a framed photo of FDR. The recruiting poster under the window on the left side wall has been replaced by the pinup from the hallway.

The next change is the Pacific map. The old map included on it the limit of Japanese expansion, noted certain battles, even had on it that Japan surrendered on August 14th, 1945! Not something you should be seeing in say, 1941. So I've edited the ziduri.dds file and replaced it with another map, which actually is from 1941.

Next is the office wall clock. I've taken the chelsea.dds file from my 24 Hour Clocks mod and put it in here. This will add the 24 hour military time numbers to the clock. Note that due to the size of the clock in-game you won't really be able to read the numbers, but you can tell they're there like they're supposed to be.

Finally, is the view out the windows. I've gotten tired of seeing the same battleship all the time. Plus it makes no sense to see a U. S. battleship outside if you're based in Manila, Australia, or one of the later war bases if you're using RSRDC. So I've included 8 replacements for the Bgrd.dds file. 3 are of just sky and clouds, 5 include palm trees and such. Example jpegs are included, and can also be seen here.

Includes both high and low resolution images. Install using JSGME.

This mod can be used with stock 1.5, RSRDC, and TMO.

Note for RFB users: While that mod doesn't fix the office clock, and still uses the stock Pacific map, it makes other changes in the office that you will lose if you use this mod.

Download from here on Subsim (under Graphics Mods)

From Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?310mafdcqfg0q

Last edited by fred8615; 01-27-15 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Removed SilentHuntermods link.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-12, 10:34 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Brilliant, as always.

As someone said about something I did once, "Little things make a big difference.
Old 04-26-12, 09:14 AM   #3
Canonicus
XO

Downloads: 623
Uploads: 7

Excellent work!..Thanks!
Old 04-28-12, 10:30 PM   #4
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Little confused as when I unzipped this mod in my downloads, several files unzipped.I know some are examples but which one do I move to my mod folder? Do I have do this myself depending on which base I am at or does the mod do it automatically.Thanks in advance.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-12, 08:16 AM   #5
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Little confused as when I unzipped this mod in my downloads, several files unzipped.I know some are examples but which one do I move to my mod folder?
Unzip all of them to MODS.
Quote:
Do I have do this myself depending on which base I am at or does the mod do it automatically.Thanks in advance.
Assuming you're asking about the Office Window images, yes you have to change them yourself with JSGME. As you suggest, it would be more "realistic" to change the window view whenever your base changes. But you don't "have" to do it. The main purpose of the images to have something besides that same old BB all the time.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-12, 02:34 PM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
Unzip all of them to MODS.

Assuming you're asking about the Office Window images, yes you have to change them yourself with JSGME. As you suggest, it would be more "realistic" to change the window view whenever your base changes. But you don't "have" to do it. The main purpose of the images to have something besides that same old BB all the time.
Thanks for the clarification
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-16, 05:22 PM   #7
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Really excellent work Fred.

Thanks for putting it all together.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-16, 06:08 PM   #8
Cybermat47