SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-08, 04:00 PM   #1
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127
Default [REL] FJB Camera Mod

FJB Camera Mod V2.1

This mod is an altered version of the Cameras.dat file which allows you to zoom in closer than the game does when using the "Unit view" (the "<" and ">" keys) of the Free Camera. It also increases the range of movement in the office in Career mode to 90 degrees up and down and side to side so now you can see the entire office, except for behind you, which is nothing but a black wall anyway.

There are three versions of this mod. They are:

FJB Camera Mod for Stock - This works with both the 1.4 and 1.5 versions.

FJB Camera Mod for Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1 - For use with Webster's excellent GFO Mod.

FJB Camera Mod for MaxOptics 3 - For use with CapnScurvy's periscope and gunsight mod.

Only the office and the unit view parameters have been changed, so all other functionality is retained when using the desired version with one of the other mods. If you choose to use both the GFO and MaxOptics mods, install GFO first, then MaxOptics, then the MaxOptics version of this mod.

I have chosen not to create an RFB or TMO versions. They have their own system for the unit view, which I couldn't figure out how to change anyway, and I didn't see the need for just changing the office view. If you prefer my unit view over their's, use either the Stock version, or install the MaxOptics mod, then that version of my mod. You will lose any other camera changes RFB or TMO make by doing this however.

Please note: I do not play the U-boat side, so I have no idea how or if this affects anything there.

Install using the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler or extract the desired Cameras.dat file directly into Data\Library of your SH4 install. I suggest you rename the original Cameras.dat to Cameras.bak if using this method so you can restore it if needed later.

This update fixes a bad flicker problem on or near some ship waterlines.

Download from here on Subsim (under Graphic Mods)

From Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?310mafdcqfg0q

Last edited by fred8615; 01-27-15 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Removed SilentHuntermods links.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-08, 05:35 PM   #2
Lionman
Torpedoman

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Cool Beans Frederick J!
Old 09-19-08, 03:42 PM   #3
Ivan Putski
Captain

Downloads: 21

Cool, thank you for this mod. Puts
Old 09-19-08, 06:57 PM   #4
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615
New download link added.
Thanks Fred, I've really enjoyed this mod for those 'Zen moments'.... lol

Can really appreciate the detailed work from close up of the different ships modeled in SH4 - including my own boat.

Art

Commanding U.S.S. Flying Fish (SS-229)
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 04:28 PM   #5
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Old 11-23-10, 12:38 PM   #6
fred8615
Saint of the seas

I've added this to my Mediafire account. See the first post for the link.
Old 05-05-11, 08:10 AM   #7
Stargazer
A-ganger

Downloads: 32

Firstly, Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

I'm not what you'd call an SH3 veteran but it's all I know. Though it was bothering me that I'd have to wait three weeks for it to load up every time I wanted to do something in it.

I bought an SH4 disc, and first impressions (v1.5) are good. Though it is taking me some time to fully get to grips with it. I'm too set in my ways with the SH3-way-of-doing-things and am having trouble adjusting.

I've heard that TMO-v2 will make things a whole lot better for me and once I'm home this evening, I'll start downloading it and will hopefully enjoy it like I did with GWX for SH3.

But I too have been hoping to get a bit closer to with the ship-cam so how pleased was I when on page 14 of the SH4 Subsim forums, my faithful trawling paid off and I found this thread linked from another.

Since it doesn't get a mention in the opening post, I feel the need to ask: Will this work with TMO v2 or will the two conflict with each other?

Many thanks,

Rob.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 02:45 PM   #8
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Since it doesn't get a mention in the opening post, I feel the need to ask: Will this work with TMO v2 or will the two conflict with each other?
I believe TMO does have it's own version of the file altered in this mod. I suggest you use TMO first, and try its external unit view, then install my mod and try it. You can then go with the one you like best.
Old 05-07-11, 04:35 PM   #9
fred8615
Saint of the seas

I found out there's one major difference: TMO doesn't use the Unit View. You have to edit its Commands.cfg file to use it. The file is in Data\Cfg. Open with Notepad. The part you need to fix is this:

[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBE,,">"
Page=0x34000000,3714

[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBC,,"<"
Page=0x34000000,3714

In TMO, they'll have semicolons [;] in front of each line. Just delete the semicolons and save.